ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White: "I don't think he wanted no part of me"
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, nba, portland, royce white, video, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
With just over 42 seconds left in the game in tonight's Summer League win, Portland's Nolan Smith was fouled by Zoran Dragic. He got up, then collapsed back down. He had to be taken out on a stretcher.

One of Portland's big guys confronted Dragic -- this is video of Royce White talking after the game. He stepped in between the two to defend Zoran.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
BigM is online now Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
BigM
Contributing Member
BigM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBigM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2764
Lmao, I love his interviews. This should be posted in the Lin thread for more views. : )

ScubaSteve is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
ScubaSteve
ScubaSteve is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50954
I was there couldn't see really what happened hope he gets better.

Anyways I love Royce sticking up for Zoran

I'll go to war with this team!!

jmwilliamson is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
jmwilliamson
Contributing Member
jmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9133
I think wanting no part of Royce is a reasonable position to take.

valorita is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
valorita
valorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36697
gangsta.

although, i'm pretty sure a suburban white boy like the portland center
is in for a reality-check when he thinks he can punk
zoran, who probably grew up sipping vodka and has been playing against grown men since he was a teenager.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Well, it did end up being Zoran who caused the injury but all's good - it wasn't on purpose and Royce did the right thing given his knowledge of the situation. Great team player. This guy is a perfect facilitator, with his mentality and character.

Artie_Fufkin is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Artie_Fufkin
Artie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArtie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46428
I love this dude's attitude.

pbnfamilia is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
pbnfamilia
pbnfamilia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpbnfamilia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43141
Im not gonna lie I was one of those that didnt like this pick. I was wrong loving this guy ,his passes, his court vision, his attitude. Hope he stays a Rocket!

forsythtroy is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
forsythtroy
Contributing Member
forsythtroy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsforsythtroy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsforsythtroy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsforsythtroy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsforsythtroy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsforsythtroy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12561
I just wish he had some confidence.

mclawson is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
mclawson
mclawson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmclawson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmclawson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmclawson is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26109
ZoZo. I like it. And I like Royce White's game, demeanor, and overall personality.

Garner is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Garner
Garner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #43118
This guy and D-Mo bring a long wanted edge to this team.

johnstarks is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #12
johnstarks
johnstarks is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjohnstarks is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30299
We have our enforcer. Lacked that for a few years.

VBG is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
VBG
VBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42683
I'm starting to love these players

Sydeffect is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
Sydeffect
Sydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47064
Already posted Lock this up.

I love this guy

Commodore is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
ZoZo?

rocketman84 is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #16
rocketman84
rocketman84 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketman84 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12920
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBG View Post
I'm starting to love these players
Same here. Can't trade them now, they're real people now

Rocketfanatic2 is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #17
Rocketfanatic2
Rocketfanatic2 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #43061
Loving the pick of White. He brings an element to the team that we haven't had in a few years. Very excited to see how he develops and plays this year (assuming we keep him), and gotta love the way he sticks up for his teammates, that's awesome!

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi
"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime." -Babe Ruth

Uprising is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
Finally....an enforcer!

Love the interview.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

getbloodyred is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
getbloodyred
getbloodyred is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #43239
first he was a badass
second he was a badass
and third he called zoran, zozo.

just amazing.

getbloodyred is offline Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #20
getbloodyred
getbloodyred is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #43239
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman84 View Post
Same here. Can't trade them now, they're real people now
damn it!! we weren't supposed to get attached!