ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?
Tags:  basketball, blog, espn, houston rockets, nba Tags
DaDakota is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #121
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi tmac91 View Post
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Houston is offering Goran Dragic a deal that starts at $8 million next season, but Dragic is looking for $10 million: http://tinyurl.com/7hajg3m
See, they may be far apart now, but once his agent asks around, they may be a lot closer than they thought.

Or they may need Morey to come up a bit....- try not to get too caught up in the Twitterized situation and let negotiations play out as they usually do.

DD

Sponsored Link
daywalker02 is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #122
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota View Post
Not nearly as high, I knew he had some talent after blowing up in the playoffs against the Spurs, but I doubted his passing.

After watching him as a starter - I lost all doubts, the guy is on a course for elite PG status - and I want him on my team.

DD
Miami showed you don't really need a star PG, if you have a star SF
PGs can't carry teams like other superstars

Pay him all that I care, you lose on Howard's friend Lee, and other things will follow

roadmatter is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #123
roadmatter
roadmatter is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
Link

DD Faints.
He's not worth it

Jamers is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #124
Jamers
Jamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49600
let lowry stay! he's a lot cheaper!

DaDakota is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #125
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
let lowry stay! he's a lot cheaper!
Yeah good organizations keep lower talented players because they are cheaper !

Man, when did the world turn upside down and the Clippers get better than us?

DD

rocketballin is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #126
rocketballin
rocketballin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11705
Dragic has a much higher ceiling than Kyle and I believe he can reach Nash's level. We can not let this guy walk. He's going to be a top 5 pg someday and he'll be worth every penny we spend on him. Why not offer him a back loaded contract with the last year being a team option. 5 years 50-55 million with the last year giving him around what 15-16 million. We'd at least save the last years worth of his contract if he wasn't worth it by opting out.

Little Bit is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #127
Little Bit
Little Bit is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35663
Quote:

Houston is offering Goran Dragic a deal that starts at $8 million next season, but Dragic is looking for $10 million: http://tinyurl.com/7hajg3m
Greedy bastard.

caneks is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #128
caneks
Rookie
caneks is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28818
Not optimistic on this.

source: http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/03/go...-rockets-suns/

Report: Houston Rockets, Goran Dragic reunion not likely

Goran Dragic and the Houston Rockets appear likely to part ways. (Bill Baptist/Getty Images)

The Houston Rockets and 26-year-old point guard Goran Dragic were “far apart” on terms of a new deal on Monday, ESPN’s Marc Stein reported.

After the Rockets originally expected a quick deal, they now appear likely to lose Dragic — one source close to the process told Stein that a deal was “not going to happen.” Dragic will now move on to visit the Phoenix Suns, the team that traded him to the Rockets at the 2011 deadline.

SI’s Sam Amick reported earlier Monday that a number of teams were interested in Dragic. From Amick’s report:

A source close to free-agent point guard Goran Dragic said the Raptors, Suns, Nets, Hornets, Lakers and Rockets have all expressed interest. The Rockets, for whom Dragic shined in the second half of last season, are said to be coming on the strongest. But Dragic, according to the source, has a serious interest in being part of a winning team and will consider that factor as much as the money. The source made it clear, however, that Dragic expects to be a starter for whichever team he joins.

Stein reported that Dragic is looking for an average salary of at least $10 million per year and that he wants to be a starter.

Dragic came on strong for the Rockets after this season’s All-Star break, when starter Kyle Lowry went down with an injury. He averaged 16.3 points and 7.3 assists after the All-Star break. Overall, he put up 11.7 points and 5.3 assists per game while starting 28 games.

v3.0 is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #129
v3.0
Contributing Member
v3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota View Post
Not nearly as high, I knew he had some talent after blowing up in the playoffs against the Spurs, but I doubted his passing.

After watching him as a starter - I lost all doubts, the guy is on a course for elite PG status - and I want him on my team.

DD
So he's somewhere inbetween the Dan Langhi delusions and Vassilis Spanoulis erotic fantasies?

Hakeemtheking is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #130
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38940
Quote:

If this is true, Morey is indeed the man. C'mon you guys, if Dragic does not accept that kind of money, ain't nothing we can do. Well, perhaps DD can make up the difference.

Jturbofuel is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #131
Jturbofuel
Jturbofuel is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJturbofuel is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #4137
Dragic is not a $10 million a year player and if someone pays him that they are idiots, but one thing I will say when it comes to NBA free agency is every year some average player gets paid some ridiculous amount of money. It happens every year and I am not sure the Rockets didn't do it already with Asik.

zcity is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #132
zcity
Contributing Member
zcity is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5117
Pay the man.

DaDakota is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #133
DaDakota
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0 View Post
So he's somewhere inbetween the Dan Langhi delusions and Vassilis Spanoulis erotic fantasies?
No, I would say he is way ahead of both of them.

VSpan - I only wanted him to play to find out if he could be part of the future because the team was going nowhere and Rafer sucked - but it got blown way out of proportion.

Dan Langhi - I liked him in the summer league, but was exaggerating on what he would become because folks were teasing me about the summer league so I went with it.

DD

hooroo is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #134
hooroo
hooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bit View Post
Greedy bastard.
Wow, you'd turn on him over a single PoopsWorld line?

desi tmac91 is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #135
desi tmac91
desi tmac91 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddesi tmac91 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31938
Its still early in the FA process, really doubt he gets that $10 million especially if the Raptors get Nash and I can't see Phoenix offering that much either after drafting Kendall Marshall.

DaDakota is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #136
DaDakota
Contributing Member
NEGOTIATIONS !

He would not sign as long as Lowry is still here anyway, let's see this all work out.

DD

Little Bit is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #137
Little Bit
Little Bit is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35663
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooroo View Post
Wow, you'd turn on him over a single PoopsWorld line?
I'm not turning on him. I want him back, but not for that kind of money. The Rockets' offer is very generous.

ihatekobe is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #138
ihatekobe
ihatekobe is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48493
Quote:

man if true thats actually a very fair offer. I don't think he gets 10 million unless Phoenix gets desperate. I just don't understand how it can be reported that Dragic to Houston is not going to happen according to "SOURCES". I'm tired of all these douches tweeting every two seconds when there just making **** up.

Fullcourt is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #139
Fullcourt
Contributing Member
Fullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28396
Quote:

I thought the report was that he wanted it to average 10/year? Start at 8 and escalate up could average 10 per.

anthony59237 is offline Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #140
anthony59237
anthony59237 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44835
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption View Post
Dragic seriously wants $10 million? WTF.
WHAT HAS HE DONE TO DESERVE THAT MONEY?
**** Dragic.

Goodbye you greedy douche. Keep Lowry.
lol, yup. screw dat. welcome home kyle