ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

How Exciting was Eddie Jones?
Tags:  basketball, miami, nba, youtube Tags
TISNF is offline Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
When it comes to NBA players of the 90s, this guy was one of the better, more athletic ones. He never quite reached into true star status (I do recall vague ceiling comparisons to Jordan), but man was he exciting to watch, both in LA and Miami.

Sponsored Link
arjun is offline Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
lol on the dunk on the rockets....sam mack goes "i got jones" 2 sec later...jones goes past him and dunks on hakeem haha

eddiewinslow is offline Old 06-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
eddiewinslow
eddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49010
damn shame they dumped him and elden campbell for Glen Rice....Eddie,Kobe,Shaq,Elden would have won the title anyways

David Stern is offline Old 06-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
David Stern
David Stern is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33993
Been a minute and I might be wrong but I think they moved jones cause they wanted Kobe to take on a bigger role

IBTL is offline Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
IBTL
IBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47783
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiewinslow View Post
Elden
Good one...

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long while. Big weird head ass.. A thread about scrubs you haven't thought about but remember -might be in order..

There should be a what are they doing now special. With all the crap reality it might be fun to see a 15 minute piece on what keith van horn or abdul rauf is up to.

Juxtaposed Jolt is offline Old 06-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Juxtaposed Jolt
Juxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJuxtaposed Jolt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46001
The commentator that says "slaaaaam dunk" sounds like one of the current Clipper commentators.

withmustard is offline Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
withmustard
withmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwithmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9680
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stern View Post
Been a minute and I might be wrong but I think they moved jones cause they wanted Kobe to take on a bigger role
Exactly, Prime Jones was better than 2nd season Kobe. I think there was even a year when Kobe started the allstar game but not on his own team.

Invisible Fan is offline Old 06-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Invisible Fan
Contributing Member
Invisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3318
Eddie was a good guy that wasn't Kobe. He had speed, athleticism, and decent bb IQ. But he didn't really rise after he got dealt to the Heat for near max money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposed Jolt View Post
The commentator that says "slaaaaam dunk" sounds like one of the current Clipper commentators.
Oh my, oh my....

RIP Chick Hearn.

Quote:
damn shame they dumped him and elden campbell for Glen Rice....Eddie,Kobe,Shaq,Elden would have won the title anyways
Eddie and Kobe played the same spots. It was clear he had to go after the 3rd Utah sweep/flameout.

Elden was an overpaid idiot. Of course, Shaq would bitch about getting support during and after he was gone.

aelliott is offline Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
aelliott
Contributing Member
aelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #542
He definitely wasn't in MJ's class...think Andre Iguadala.

GreatOne1978 is offline Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
GreatOne1978
GreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46641
He was a border line All star Shooting Guard. Shaq couldn't win with him though

plutoblue11 is offline Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
plutoblue11
plutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2006
Member: #19851
Quote:
They should've stuck with that team, I even think they should held on to Van Excel a little longer that team would've been near unstoppable, if they had gotten Phil Jackson a little earlier. Those teams still had Horry, Fox, and Fisher. I doubt San Antonio or Utah would've ever beaten those teams.

Well, @guardian it makes for a nice change...at least I didn't wake up to the internet telling me I was dead again.

— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) February 18, 2014

plutoblue11 is offline Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #12
plutoblue11
plutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOne1978 View Post
He was a border line All star Shooting Guard. Shaq couldn't win with him though
. . . but he did, eventually.

Well, @guardian it makes for a nice change...at least I didn't wake up to the internet telling me I was dead again.

izeroi is offline Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
izeroi
izeroi is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #37996
Loved watching him play when he was in the league

Invisible Fan is offline Old 06-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Invisible Fan
Contributing Member
Invisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBTL View Post
Good one...

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long while. Big weird head ass.. A thread about scrubs you haven't thought about but remember -might be in order..
Elden's head reminded me of the planters peanut guy.

Patience is offline Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
Patience
Contributing Member
Patience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3684
Even before Shaq and Kobe came along, that Cedric Ceballos-Eddie Jones-Nick Van Exel group was pretty exciting. That was a short-lived combination, but they were a pretty killer offensive squad.

GreatOne1978 is offline Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
GreatOne1978
GreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoblue11 View Post
. . . but he did, eventually.
nope. He was traded to Memphis for James Posey who helped them win a title

plutoblue11 is offline Old 06-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
plutoblue11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelliott View Post
He definitely wasn't in MJ's class...think Andre Iguodala.
Yep, though there was talk of him being an actual replacement for Michael Jordan through the draft, he worked out for the Bulls and for a time was believed to be headed there.

Even later on, when Pippen was grumbling a little bit, Krause was entertaining offers for him. And one had Eddie Jones and Van Excel going to Chicago for Pippen.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1997...s-jerry-krause

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/tex_winter
http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/tex_winter?page=2

dischead is offline Old 06-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #18
dischead
dischead is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10044
He was better than Kobe

GreatOne1978 is offline Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
GreatOne1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by dischead View Post
He was better than Kobe
on disappearing in the playoffs yes

david_rocket is offline Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #20
david_rocket
david_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #14005
I remember its was fun watching him and a young kobe bryant. I dont think they would have won a lot, but it was entertaining.

GO TEXANS!!!