1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is a SF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, Jun 29, 2012.

1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

For all of you guys saying we have too many PFs....we do, but it isn't near the number you guys are making it out to be.

Terrence Jones definately is playing the 3 spot in the NBA. Even at kentucky, he played a slasher role. This is not my honest opinion, it is fact. He shot alot of jump shots and created his shot.

He drives, he shots, he rebounds. He is a SF...still a forward though

Also Royce white plays the exact same way and is also a SF but weighs alot.

I only made this post because when clutchfans starts saying things unanimously without having proof like OMG we have 7 PFs, than it catchs on.

We drafted 1 SG, 2 SFs, and 1 PF from turkey. YES we have a log jam at the 3 and the 4 spot but not the 4 spot alone.

You guys are like mass hysteria when you are pissed without any proof. I am not happy about the draft either but please be educated about their positions. They are listed at forward, but white and jones will both prob play the 3 spot

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I heard Morris is a SF too.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I'm going to find my cat and put him on a leash. We are gonna head out for a long walk.

1 person likes this.
  5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If they can't guard the 3's of the NBA, they will not be a 3. Simple as that. That's why Morris didn't play last year.

SFs in the NBA are too quick.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Then I guess Bud wasn't a 3 then. Actually he wasn't a player at all because he couldn't guard his own shadow.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Bud improved drastically on defense last year. But even before that his offensive ability and shooting compensated for his lack of defense which is why he got minutes. And, as we can see now, Adelman loved him.

8. Mr. Space City

a 270 lbs small forward, not named lebron?

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yes he's a SF and yes he's also a PF. The guy can legitimately play both forward positions. Same thing for Royce White, both of them are interchangeable at both forward positions.

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Royce White is in that James/Artest mold...in terms of his size for the SF position.

I'm looking forward to the versatility that our new guys bring. Barring a trade or two for a Star...let's move on and see what we have.

11. Mariachi ROCKET

12. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

so T Jones is 6'10 252lbs and is a SF and Andrew Nicholson taken 1 spot later is 6'10 232lbs and is a true PF.. T Jones is NOT a tweener or a SF..

stupid.. KG can slash and shoot jumpers too… is he a SF? over half the PF's in the NBA can slash and shoot jumpers.. that's not the definition of SF vs PF..

13. smr6

smr6 Member

White, Jones, and Morris can all play the 3. However, until they prove they can guard the 3 spot in the NBA they are all considered a 4 in my mind. However out of those guys, Jones is easily the best perimeter defender, and most likely the best post defender of them as well. I would love to see these guys play the 3 spot in the NBA, but they need to show me something first.

But I do think Jones has the best tools to end up being a productive 3.

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Might as well be as positive as possible...

"The Rockets now have 7 oversized SFs!"

Or how about...

"We have 12 guys on the roster now that have a size advantage and match up well against smaller PGs on offense."

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I always thought he was a SF. Or at least played like one in college. It never even crossed my mind that he was a PF.

Royce White is a PF. Not a SF like I've seen some post on here.

16. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

So because Jones weighs more than Nicholson he can't be a small forward? I don't understand what point you're trying to make with that assertion. And what is your definition of a small forward versus a power forward?

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Can he guard SFs?

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Even if this is a "fact", we've been so successfull moving players from their college position...let's keep up the streak.

19. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Whoever he is or whatever he does he better not be in the morris mold.

20. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

At least we didn't pick Morris's college back up from a year ago with the 5th pick in the draft.