Just in case anyone was interested, I wanted to post an app I created not too long ago. It's called GodThoughts, based on the Christian Bible (many versions support, like NASB, KJV, NKJV, NLT, and more), and it simply picks a random verse and schedules it as a local notification at a random point of time in the day.
I got tired of calendar scheduled notifications (like every day at 11am) to remind me to think about God. I wanted a way to get them at random times. The thought is that I need to be reminded about God all the time, so random seems good. I don't know when to expect it, so it could be during a meeting, while I'm driving, when I first get up, when I start to go to bed, when I'm thinking something bad, or yelling at a car that just cut me off. I can be any time, and it's been great.
Some quick details:
- The verses are randomly selected from a list of about 130. I'm working on adding more.
- The default time frame is 7am to 9pm to schedule the "reminder" notification, but you can change the start and end times.
- I'll be releasing a version 2.0 in the next couple of weeks.
- You can select from 8 bible versions.
- You can schedule from 1 to 3 notifications per day
- More details at the site
I've heard many really cool stories about how the app has blessed others, so I hope someone here on ClutchFans can enjoy it and be blessed by it as well.
Check out GodThoughts for iPhone today!
If you enjoy it, please give it a good rating or review, and pass along the word. Thanks!