1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Apple] iPhone 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Got some rumors floating around now. This one rumor, albeit small, has been confirmed now by TechCrunch about bottom of the phone.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/20/confirmed-the-new-iphone-will-have-a-19-pin-mini-connector/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8XY841RAY4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/07/alleged-iphone-5-housing-gets-manhandled-on-video/

They also had that alleged video posted a few weeks back. Could be fake, but I like the casing of it.

We already know it's going to have a quad-core chip with LTE.

2. tigereye

tigereye Member

I think anyone who's seen how Apple has handled the evolution of the iPhone can almost predict what's coming.

My prediction - Phone announced in Sept, on sale in October (just like 4S on 10/14/2011)

4" inch screen (vertically)
    LTE
    Bigger Battery
    More GeeBee's (jab at Fandroid vid)
    All the other stuff you see in the case leaks (Aluminum case, bigger speakers, new pin, etc.).

What I'd really like Apple to see is to change up the UI for iOS. It's dated now and behind Android & Windows in terms of live widgets/tiles. But even if they do that, they'll just keep that update for next year to sucker fools into buying a new iPhone or iPad by making the redesigned OS only available for the newest iOS devices coming out.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Other than a bigger screen and LTE...what is everyone expecting? And since the screen resolution is not changing much, it won't substantially sharper or anything.

We already saw all the UI updates.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well for the most part it will always be small improvements. But I think we will all be surprised what a phone will be able to do in say 20-30 years.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

And I'm sure they have already created the $10.00 adapter everyone is going to need to dock their new ipod with anything that uses the old interface.

Cars, Docks, chargers, etc.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Judging by all the apple products my girlfriend has had break/malfunction over the last 4 years, I think ill stick with my Droid. Two years old and runs like the day I bought it, and my screen has yet to crack.

Someone will tell me she isn't careful with her apple products in 3...2...1

To which I will refute by saying she's way more careful then I am, considering my phone was knocked from a 3rd story window.

I do think Iphones are sweet, and if they ever manage to make one without a fragile screen, bad antenna, crappy charging port, etc... Id consider getting one.

7. Stack24

I think there are 2 sides to this. I have had only 1 problem since the original iPhone in which I had to have it replaced. That was my own fault for dropping it so many times i finally broke the vibration part of it.

To this day I have dropped my iPhone countless times and not had a problem with it. On the other hand my wife did have a hardware problem on her most recent one but no problem before that.

If we put any electronic to the test there will be good and bad ones just like anything else.

8. ashiin

ashiin Member

As of right now, all I want is a 128GB iPhone...

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope this phone is conflict free.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Phone in purse= **** knocking against it constantly, broken glass. I don't think that isn't careful, it's how women roll. However, my wife has had an iPhone for four years and has never broken one. She makes a point of putting it in a little side pocket on her bag.

11. ItsMyFault

I hope this thing gets announced in October.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have had iPods and other Apple products for years (as has my wife). Neither of us have ever broken one. My wife and I have had non-Apple phones for years. Neither of us has broken one. My son and his wife have had non-Apple phones for years, they have not broken them.

Meanwhile my daughter breaks her non-Apple phone at least twice a year.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal evidence.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You need daughter 5.0......

DD

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

It's call **** industrial design.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

you bumped this thread for that?:rolleyes:

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It was all of 7 days old. It isn't like it was bumped from 1998.

17. ItsMyFault

Why does it really matter? Just posting a thought.

18. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

random questions.

iPhone 4 is under warranty. wifi been dodgy of late, can't pick up a signal on this iPhone at my house but my mates picks up my home one. Plus the screen is "yellow" compared to his. What do ya reckon Apple will do about it?

Secondly, I have a backup on my computer from December last year with photos and all. However, the most recent back up I had outside of that is an iCloud back up (no photos though) from July 7th. Is there a way to combine the backups? Just do iCloud backup and some how get the photos from the PC back up?

19. Stack24

If it is under warranty then Apple will go ahead and check it out and most likely give you a replacement for the phone.

As far as the backups you can't really merge the different ones.

I personally download all my pictures from my phone using software like iexplorer so I have hard copies and send them back to the phone.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That screen yellowing was a known issue right after launch and they were replacing it. You won't get a new model, but you'll get either a brand new iphone4 or a shiny refurb.

About two weeks before the iphone4 dropped, my wife's iphone 3 died and it was under warranty. We got it replaced and she used an old phone for a couple of weeks while i sold the replacement 3 for $100.