ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

View Poll Results: Which service is better?
Xfinity 110 40.89%
U-Verse 159 59.11%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Comcast Xfinity vs. ATT U-Verse
Tags:  comcast Tags
i_win_biatches is offline Old 06-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
i_win_biatches
i_win_biatches is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50749
Which one is better?

Sponsored Link
studogg is offline Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
studogg
Contributing Member
studogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5381
price point alone - attuverse ftw

bladeage is offline Old 06-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
bladeage
Contributing Member
bladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16175
uverse isn't available everywhere, which makes it suck.

Dookie Sandwich - "They put kit kats and pickles up my butt"

Carl Herrera - "..cocks are food"

Mazyar - "I think Nelly is a pretty good rapper."

hkcosser - "Stop your foolish mind you, do not stare at Ron."

studogg is offline Old 06-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
studogg
Contributing Member
studogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeage View Post
uverse isn't available everywhere, which makes it suck.
only if you are in an area that doesn't have it.

and i'd argue that it's the area that sucks.

EssTooKayTD is offline Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
EssTooKayTD
Contributing Member
EssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by studogg View Post

Damn, I'ma take it back a little here..."ownt."

I have Uverse after being with Comcast (before xfinity), but I was glad I switched from Comcast.

bladeage is offline Old 06-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
bladeage
Contributing Member
bladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16175
Quote:
Originally Posted by studogg View Post

Dookie Sandwich - "They put kit kats and pickles up my butt"

Carl Herrera - "..cocks are food"

Mazyar - "I think Nelly is a pretty good rapper."

hkcosser - "Stop your foolish mind you, do not stare at Ron."

ElPigto is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
Uverse has been solid for me. Customer service is so so but at least is not Comcast. They lie to you quite a bit, they never listen to you nor do they keep notes of their conversations with you. Comcast is like the Devil's gift to this world. Its horrible.

MiracleShot is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
MiracleShot
MiracleShot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMiracleShot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39391
I have Comcast and I'm switching to U-Verse as soon as it's available in my area. It's terrible. The internet is horrible, we had to buy a signal extender and it's still faulty. The DVR can't hold ANYTHING compared to Dish, DirecTV, or ATT DVRs, recordings are constantly interrupted for no reason, it's just a big mess. Their phone service is the only thing that's okay. Comcast is the absolute worst cable provider.

Behad is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Behad
Contributing Member
Behad is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBehad is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBehad is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBehad is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBehad is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBehad is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleShot View Post
I have Comcast and I'm switching to U-Verse as soon as it's available in my area.
Me too. Only Comcast has some sort of life long, no competition, contract with League City. Every time I go into the ATT store here in LC, I ask about it. They just shake their head and sigh. I freakin hate Comcast, but its all I have here.

studogg is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
studogg
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behad View Post
Me too. Only Comcast has some sort of life long, no competition, contract with League City. Every time I go into the ATT store here in LC, I ask about it. They just shake their head and sigh. I freakin hate Comcast, but its all I have here.
I think this post just reinforced mine

ftw

mr_gootan is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
mr_gootan
mr_gootan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2001
Member: #2515
After your bundle special with Uverse expires, you're bill will jump and you will be stuck shopping alacarte. Still, customer service is so much better than that venereal disease, Comcast.

DonkeyMagic is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
DonkeyMagic
Contributing Member
DonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsDonkeyMagic is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #18051
not sure about comcast, but Uverse has been very good to me

EssTooKayTD is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
EssTooKayTD
Contributing Member
EssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gootan View Post
After your bundle special with Uverse expires, you're bill will jump and you will be stuck shopping alacarte. Still, customer service is so much better than that venereal disease, Comcast.
Get to the retention department and they can knock some money off your bill. You actually have to be ready to cancel though haha.

studogg is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
studogg
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gootan View Post
but they are always willing to give you another bundle. I call in and ask all the time and change around my service.

RedRedemption is offline Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
RedRedemption
Contributing Member
RedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43241
Comcast sucks.
But... they do have the fastest speeds around...

oomp is offline Old 06-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
oomp
Contributing Member
oomp is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineoomp is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineoomp is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption View Post
Comcast sucks.
I just pay for the faster speeds from uverse. I just got 11.02 down 1.47 up on a speed test. Been with them since post IKE. Comcast hadn't fixed us 3 weeks after the storm. I've heard that the up speed from Comcast is better.

A_3PO is offline Old 06-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
A_3PO
A_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
Quote:
Originally Posted by oomp View Post
I just pay for the faster speeds from uverse. I just got 11.02 down 1.47 up on a speed test. Been with them since post IKE. Comcast hadn't fixed us 3 weeks after the storm. I've heard that the up speed from Comcast is better.
I also switched right after Ike. U-Verse blows them away. The only thing I would consider switching to from U-Verse is Fios if it became available in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

LonghornFan is offline Old 06-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #18
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
U-verse was blacked out for the Finals last night in HD. Made LonghornFan make a fist and curse.

joesr is offline Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
Comcast cable internet is better, take that out and uVerse wins.

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

eddiewinslow is offline Old 06-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
eddiewinslow
eddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption View Post
Comcast sucks.
Agree uverse tips out at 18 Mbps in the city even though 24 is an option just not in my area,Allen parkway, I switched got Comcast 105 mbps Internet...insane...go with uverse if cable is important, loved their cable package more plus it's a nicer dvr record in one room watch in another...Comcast is meh cablewise