ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
conundrum is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #81
conundrum
Rookie
conundrum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodconundrum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45736
Ring or not, Lebron has been the most consistent badass of the last 8 years. He had crap around him in Cleveland and still made it to 1 finals and earned himself 2 mvps. Now he has talent around him, and he is in back to back finals and just received his 3rd mvp.

Whatever his legacy may be, can we just wait till the end of his career to judge him?

Sponsored Link
OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #82
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAD21 View Post
Look man, it was a pretty insignificant comment and wasn't even the main point of my post. Obviously I shouldn't have posted it, and I wouldn't have if I knew it was going to start all this. However, I do not take back what I said.

If I don't believe in a religion then obviously I think it's false, I'm not taking shots at Muslims, Im just saying I think it's false. As a Muslim do you not believe that Christianity's gospel is false? I don't know a ton about Islam but I know that y'all believe that Jesus was not the Son of God as Christians do, therefor you (as a muslim) would probably claim christianity to be a false religion.

I was not trying to offend anybody and I apologize if I did, but I stand by what I said.

I imagine people are tired of seeing these types of posts on a basketball board so feel free to reply to my thru message instead of on this forum
Of course Muslims feel that Christians are false but this is not the time or place to have this discussion. Why do you insist on justifying your idiotic comment is beyond me. You urself said you shouldn't have said it so just apologize and move on already.

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

Sleepy Flloyd is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #83
Sleepy Flloyd
Sleepy Flloyd is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45816
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfastx View Post
A lot of my friends hate LeBron just because they are Kobe fans and get annoyed when LeBron fans argue with them.

Kind of a silly reason to hate a player but whatever.
Like I said

napalm_black is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #84
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfastx View Post
A lot of my friends hate LeBron just because they are Kobe fans and get annoyed when LeBron fans argue with them.

Kind of a silly reason to hate a player but whatever.
Well tell them they've been annoying the rest of us for 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamberi25 View Post
yet another religion response
So uh, back to basketball....

Rockets2K is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #85
Rockets2K
Clutch Crew
Rockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlajuwonFan81 View Post
Very odd logic if we are talking within the context of a nickname.....wouldn't u say?

No, I wouldn't

It isnt about the nickname, its about him, the media, and all of his fanbois cramming it down our throats about how he is "The King" when he hadn't(and still to this day has NOT) earned it.

If he had at any point publicly downplayed all of this crap, I wouldnt have the distaste I have for this entire subject. If he is so great, he wouldn't need espn and all the kids who slurp up everything espn puts out constantly telling us how we must worship the Chosen One.

Its the whole sense of entitlement. I dont get why this is so hard for you boys to figure out, we have explained it time and time again.

Why do you guys get so butthurt that we dont see him in the same light you do? Is it tied into your personal sense of well being that we all must adore a player you obviously think is a god? I just dont get it.

Rockets2K is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #86
Rockets2K
Clutch Crew
Rockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRockets2K is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1351
/Mod-mode engaged

AND

for the last time.

DROP THE RELIGIOUS TALK

DO not even respond to things that are already written, TAKE IT TO D&D.

/mod-mode off

JMAD21 is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #87
JMAD21
JMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44870
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlajuwonFan81 View Post
Of course Muslims feel that Christians are false but this is not the time or place to have this discussion. Why do you insist on justifying your idiotic comment is beyond me. You urself said you shouldn't have said it so just apologize and move on already.
If you read the rest of my post I did apologize and I said that we shouldn't be discussing it on this forum. Lol did you just not read that part??

GunsUP!!!

Follow me on twitter- @joshreed21

TheFreak is offline Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #88
TheFreak
Contributing Member
TheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #180
OP, congrats on finding out who Hakeem Olajuwon was 14 months ago.

conquistador#11 is online now Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #89
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
cleverly disguised "yawl lebron haters are dream homers so I'm going to post this to get a thrill out of the reaction " thread. =/

Maybe the fabulous diva can learn the most important lesson he can learn from hakeem, a little humility. (**just don't mess with hakeem's mvp trophy)

**see david robinson.

solid is online now Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #90
solid
Contributing Member
solid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2406
No Dream, don't help "the Decision," work with Durant! Now if Morey brings Howard, Willams, and James to the Rockets, I will quickly get over it. I don't like Williams either. I was a fan of Howard until recently. I don't like his underhandedness in getting SVG fired and now I worry about his back being a chronic problem. But, if all three were signed to long time contracts with the Rockets, the good times would roll. Not going to happen.

We have entered a new era of Rocket's basketball; not since the championship years have I been this optimistic. (Correction: the jury is still out) (Update: the jury has been sequestered, this may take a while)

sammy is offline Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #91
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown View Post
OK fair enough, so nicknames aren't allowed until rings are won? Fair enough, I guess but I still don't really get it.
People referred to Pierce as the truth before he won one. AI was the answer. The King just seems really high and mighty.. Prolly need to get one before I ever call him that. I'll say LBJ here and there tho.

OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #92
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets2K View Post
No, I wouldn't

It isnt about the nickname, its about him, the media, and all of his fanbois cramming it down our throats about how he is "The King" when he hadn't(and still to this day has NOT) earned it.

If he had at any point publicly downplayed all of this crap, I wouldnt have the distaste I have for this entire subject. If he is so great, he wouldn't need espn and all the kids who slurp up everything espn puts out constantly telling us how we must worship the Chosen One.

Its the whole sense of entitlement. I dont get why this is so hard for you boys to figure out, we have explained it time and time again.

Why do you guys get so butthurt that we dont see him in the same light you do? Is it tied into your personal sense of well being that we all must adore a player you obviously think is a god? I just dont get it.
Dude, it's just a nickname. If you don't like it fine, but to start talking about how he is just a human and hasn't earned a nickname is silly.

Keep in mind the guy has won 3 out of 4 MVPs. He isn't Pete Chilcutt.

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

Kate81 is offline Old 06-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #93
Kate81
Kate81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKate81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #30042
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...mes-in-finals/

tinman is offline Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #94
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets2K View Post

Exactly,

you are entitled to glory when you win a championship and bring glory to the city and fans.

like this:

Air Langhi is online now Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #95
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
Exactly,

you are entitled to glory when you win a championship and bring glory to the city and fans.
What if the Rony Seikaly deal had gone down? Would you hate Hakeem as much as Tmac?

tinman is offline Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #96
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Langhi View Post
What if the Rony Seikaly deal had gone down? Would you hate Hakeem as much as Tmac?
I don't think of such events that never happened.
I live in the world where Clutch City is real.

I don't hate Tmac, I just think he has some followers who have problems dealing with jealousy, reality, math and spelling.

Gri is offline Old 06-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #97
Gri
Gri is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24378
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAD21 View Post
Look man, it was a pretty insignificant comment and wasn't even the main point of my post. Obviously I shouldn't have posted it, and I wouldn't have if I knew it was going to start all this. However, I do not take back what I said.

If I don't believe in a religion then obviously I think it's false, I'm not taking shots at Muslims, Im just saying I think it's false. As a Muslim do you not believe that Christianity's gospel is false? I don't know a ton about Islam but I know that y'all believe that Jesus was not the Son of God as Christians do, therefor you (as a muslim) would probably claim christianity to be a false religion.

I was not trying to offend anybody and I apologize if I did, but I stand by what I said.

I imagine people are tired of seeing these types of posts on a basketball board so feel free to reply to my thru message instead of on this forum

Huh, how did I miss this. As I Muslim man, apparently you don't know anything about Islam and it seem Christianity too. Actually you should convert to Islam. Maybe you can save your soul. After all, Qur'an sent by god after the failure of Bible.

You can't just say/write whatever you want and say "oops but you shouldn't respond me; it's not right discussing believes" XXXX YOU. God I'm so angry.

SacTown is offline Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #98
SacTown
SacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate81 View Post
Awesome!

Olajuwon pulling for pupil LeBron James in finals

LeBron James’ post game took a leap forward this season.

With the Heat not having a traditional scoring threat on the block, LeBron James has moved more to the post (particularly early in the season.) He took 13.7 percent of his shot attempts out of the post this season and shot 50.4 percent from there and drew the foul on 9 percent of his attempts (stats via MySynergySports.com). Those are good numbers.

Some of that success came from working with legendary big man Hakeem Olajuwon down in Houston. When reached to see if he was following his star student, Olajuwon said he was pulling for LeBron in the finals. From Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.

“If he relaxes and just plays his game, he’ll be fine and I think (the Heat) win it,” said Olajuwon, who said he has become like a “big brother” to James in the past year…

“You look at a lot of the moves, and it was unbelievable to watch,” said Olajuwon, speaking Monday by phone from Jordan about having seen that Game 6 last Thursday in the Middle East. “The way they were executed it was a joy to watch because I know that we worked on that, and to see him using it at a most crucial time. He is in a comfort zone, and he is doing it how he is supposed to do it.”

LeBron may find it tough to operate in the post against a Thunder team that can bring bigs like Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over to help. But if LeBron draws a double in the post he is one of the best passers in the league and that could be trouble for the Thunder.

But he learned from the best. Like most things with the Heat these playoffs, it’s a matter of executing consistently under pressure.

SacTown is offline Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #99
SacTown
SacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gri View Post
Huh, how did I miss this. As I Muslim man, apparently you don't know anything about Islam and it seem Christianity too. Actually you should convert to Islam. Maybe you can save your soul. After all, Qur'an sent by god after the failure of Bible.

You can't just say/write whatever you want and say "oops but you shouldn't respond me; it's not right discussing believes" XXXX YOU. God I'm so angry.
Guys, don't ruin this thread with this crap! You guys take your Qur'an and your Bible to the D&D!

rimrocker is offline Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #100
rimrocker
Contributing Member
rimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1038
James over Brooks? Come on Dream.