ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

RIP Humble Dwayne Wade... SMH
Tags:  basketball, nba, olympics, video, wade, youtube Tags
Shaud is online now Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #41
Shaud
Shaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
I thought the refs single handedly won an NBA title for Miami.
I meant to say I hope people really don't believe Wade single handily won them a title.

Somehow I typed " that"

My twitter

Sponsored Link
vinsensual is offline Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #42
vinsensual
vinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donevinsensual is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown View Post
If you block out the extruding jaws on both sides he looks like Ron Artest. I don't know if he brings it on the court, but I remember he went through a rough divorce and custody hearings for his daughter one or two years ago.

Z-Ro&Trae is offline Old 05-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #43
Z-Ro&Trae
Z-Ro&Trae is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43495
Quote:
Originally Posted by likestohypeguy View Post
More like RIP the NBA giving Wade the respect he deserves.

He USED to consistently get those calls, when he would run full speed, pick up the ball & jump into defenders' bodies. It would get him to the free throw line, or even an AND-one when he got it in. Now all of a sudden when he jumps into his defenders, they're not only not calling it, but sometimes even calling a foul on Wade instead?! This guy is a champion & fMVP- the refs should show a little respect out there.
don't forget that bullsh!t leg kick he uses all the time to break free of his defender when he drives to the basket.

Shaud is online now Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #44
Shaud
Shaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneShaud is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30631
No way in hell is that a real pic.

My twitter

Honey Bear is offline Old 05-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #45
Honey Bear
Contributing Member
Honey Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2006
Member: #17990
I'm glad someone brought up the issue of growth hormone - he would've been healthier and leaner if he just stayed off of it. The guy looked great coming back from injury playing for Team USA but he's aged 10 years since then and doesn't have a crafty mid range/non contact game to compensate for it.

If I'm Miami I'm looking to trade Wade for an elite PG and some depth while he's still marketable.

DieHard Rocket is offline Old 05-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #46
DieHard Rocket
Contributing Member
DieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDieHard Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1882
I hate trying to discredit winning a title, but that ring that Wade got is as questionable as any. He was getting unbelievable calls during that series. And that was around the time that officiating was really in question (e.g. Donaghy, etc.)

He's always seemed like he's had a stick up his ass to me, though.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #47
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
I'm glad someone brought up the issue of growth hormone - he would've been healthier and leaner if he just stayed off of it. The guy looked great coming back from injury playing for Team USA but he's aged 10 years since then and doesn't have a crafty mid range/non contact game to compensate for it.

If I'm Miami I'm looking to trade Wade for an elite PG and some depth while he's still marketable.
He seems to have taken jaw growth hormone.

Honey Bear is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #48
Honey Bear
Contributing Member
Honey Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHoney Bear is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard Rocket View Post
I hate trying to discredit winning a title, but that ring that Wade got is as questionable as any. He was getting unbelievable calls during that series. And that was around the time that officiating was really in question (e.g. Donaghy, etc.)

He's always seemed like he's had a stick up his ass to me, though.
It shouldn't matter if he's cocky or not. Professional sports isn't about relating to athletes, it's about what they bring on the court. GOATS like Jordan will find all kinds of things to motivate them and bring the heat on the court.

The issue here is, Wade sucks. The only thing he knows is being a super fit athlete who thrives on contact/flops and when that isn't there, he doesn't have the throwback game to fall back on. That's why I always tell the kids to keep it classic. Keep it fundamental.

Homey the Clown is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #49
Homey the Clown
Homey the Clown is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #18987
Wade scoffs at them celebrating, like it was a fluke and they were some nephew ass lil dudes that got lucky....then he comes out tonight and $hits his compression shorts all over the court. 5 pts. Reminds me of him mocking Dirk's cough last year....

They don't respect their opponents that they deem they are "above", yet they ain't done a DAMN THING to or WON crap to have this self satisfied attitude. Diva ass Destiny's Child ass dudes....

...oh that's right...Wade won a title back when George Bush was still President.... his rep is still living off that anomaly. Freakin Cuba Gooding Jr., Jerry Mcguire of the NBA ass D-Wade. He sniffed the promise land for 12 minutes and thinks he's still a king. Show us something lately, you cry baby diva.

Wade is a flat out biatch now. Him and Lebronze deserve each other.

What guys would I pickup in a game of basketball? Scottie Pippen, Magic Johnson, James Worthy and Hakeem Olajuwon. I've got NO chance of losing. None at all. Olajuwon..he was in the top ten in five categories; steals, rebounds, blocked shots, scoring and shooting percentage. To have a big guy of his size to be in the top ten in steals...to me it shows the versatility and the type of guy he really was.

-Michael Jordan

ObamaFan is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #50
ObamaFan
ObamaFan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50760
Remmeber the report of Dwayne Wade yelling at David Stern during the lockout in a meeting

he's not the same anymore

Honey Bear is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #51
Honey Bear
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey the Clown View Post
Wade scoffs at them celebrating, like it was a fluke and they were some nephew ass lil dudes that got lucky....then he comes out tonight and $hits his compression shorts all over the court. 5 pts. Reminds me of him mocking Dirk's cough last year....

They don't respect their opponents that they deem they are "above", yet they ain't done a DAMN THING to or WON crap to have this self satisfied attitude. Diva ass Destiny's Child ass dudes....

...oh that's right...Wade won a title back when George Bush was still President.... his rep is still living off that anomaly. Freakin Cuba Gooding Jr., Jerry Mcguire of the NBA ass D-Wade. He sniffed the promise land for 12 minutes and thinks he's still a king. Show us something lately, you cry baby diva.

You said it homeboy. Preach to the choir, cuz this gravy train has left the station.

supdudes is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #52
supdudes
supdudes is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesupdudes is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesupdudes is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36386
Even Jon Travolta's gotta be like "damn that's a big jaw!"

HombreDeHierro is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #53
HombreDeHierro
HombreDeHierro is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey the Clown View Post

hahaha repped

astros99 is offline Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #54
astros99
astros99 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27702
Why does everyone think he took growth hormone? Not saying he didnt, but just wondering why everyone is so sure about it

Jacinto is offline Old 05-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #55
Jacinto
Jacinto is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari77 View Post
SERIOUSLY? The straw that broke the camels back for you was just this year when he mentioned payment for playing in the Olympics? Where the heck have you been.

Dude, it was AS SOON AS he won that title in 2006. EVERYTHING CHANGED with him. He decided to change up his women (Definitely one can say he easily upgraded by getting with Gabby Union(Damn she's fine)) the manner in which he went about it set the tone for the douchness to follow.

One can go back to the LeBron decision and it wouldn't be a surprise to find out Wade masterminded (brilliantly one should add) the addition of Bosh and LBJ while letting LBJ go on with the silly tv thing and getting the backlash.

What about during the finals last year when Wade decided to mock Dirk's illness on his walk into(or was it out of ) the arena? (And like Wade's lapdog, LBJ followed suit, showing exactly who the alpha dog in that relationship is).

What about the numerous DWade Flops?

Man he hasn't been that humble, married fella from Marquette since the 2006 championship.
Teach!

Someguy1229 is offline Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #56
Someguy1229
Someguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42682
I used to really like Wade as well but ever since LeBron came.........well he has just changed.

MD_in_Training is offline Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #57
MD_in_Training
MD_in_Training is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #31122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy1229 View Post
I used to really like Wade as well but ever since LeBron came.........well he has just changed.
Don't make it sound like Lebron somehow corrupted Wade. Ferrari777 is right. Wade turned evil douche (compared with Lebron's dumb douche) quite some time ago after all the fame got to his head.

fallenphoenix is offline Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #58
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfallenphoenix is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfallenphoenix is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfallenphoenix is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfallenphoenix is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42673

it all went downhill after this. i blame kevin hart.

GreatOne1978 is offline Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #59
GreatOne1978
GreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGreatOne1978 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46641
he only has that 96 free throw gifted NBA finals MVP going for him, otherwise he's Lebron 2.0 Always been an ass but gotten a pass for it until the spotlight got bigger with Lebron's arrival. He plays dirty, hes a piss poor sportsman and if it werent' for the free throw parade the refs give him he may not be a superstar but just an all star with limitations to his game (Ex: Rondo)

rawool is offline Old 05-18-2012, 03:18 AM   #60
rawool
rawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16550
Quote:
Wade screamed at Erik Spoelstra to "get the [blank] out of my face" during a timeout in the third quarter.
http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2...4-heat-75.html

I can understand the way he reacted was in the heat of the moment (pun intended), but damn, something really must be frustrating him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption
I would let Chandler Parsons and Dwight Howard double team me all day.