1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose unhappy with Bulls' medical staff

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Apr 23, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I gotta agree with Rose here....taping ankles isn't good for the joints. Taping too tight is even worse.

#1 RV6, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. ashiin

ashiin Member

Somebody clone the Phoenix medical staff and give it to all the other teams

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I didn't realize taping ankles was bad for you. I've never taped my ankles and people tell me I'm crazy. I just assumed that everyone else did it.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Tell Rose to be thankful he doesn't have the Rockets medical staff & "Dr" Tom Clanton.

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

It's stupid. It limits the range of motion and weakens your ankles. Same principle as wearing a silly weightlifting belt in the gym.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Didn't know taping ankles was bad, either. You learn something new everyday.

Maybe the medical staff was planted by Miami?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

In general, the average person doesn't understand the importance of mobility in joints. They think the more support is always better.

I think most professionals understand the risk involved though, but taping the ankle does provide enough support to avoid some pain, which allows players to perform, so they still do it and recommend it. It's like a trainer suggesting an extreme diet to allow a bodybuilder to cut. Good for the competition, not food for general health.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wow, he's been complaining about everything lately. First it was Pacers celebrating, then him not getting enough calls, and the how he doesn't want anymore hard fouls on him, and then the recent interview of him where he said he hates the spotlight, and now this.

9. AggieRocketsFan

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That's an updated Tim Duncan meme lol

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Trade Martin and filler for Rose Murray :cool:

12. Prince

Prince Member

Tmac likes 'em. :)

13. lalala902102001

Rose has had a tough year with a string of injuries. However, he needs to learn that he should not complaint out this type of thing to the media. He is behaving like a spoiled star like so many others in the NBA.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rose wasn't quoted. Someone else gave up the info, not Rose.

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The medical staff definitely needs to listen to Rose. I sprained my ankle back in february pretty bad and I was put in a walking boot for 4 weeks. I wore the boot all the time except to shower and sleep. After I took it off my ankle STILL felt weak and loose. I went back to get it checked and the doctor gave me this ankle brace to wear under my shoe. The brace was pretty cool. It had laces and velcro straps for complete support. I stayed off sports for a few weeks just to be safe. After those weeks off I started playing basketball again recreationally on the weekends. Well about 2 weeks ago I was playing WITH the brace on and I ended up rolling it again. It turned out to be another bad sprain with a slight fracture. Now I'm stuck in the same boot for a few more weeks. It sucks.

Now, of course i'm no pro athlete or anything, but still the human ankle takes a good while to heal after being sprained. The ligaments that are connected to the bone get stretched and ripped so those have to be restrengthened over time. Technically Rose shouldn't even have been playing but he's getting paid millions so he has to. Taping his ankle probably helped short term for each game, but over time it never allows the ankle to fully heal so that's why he's getting the swelling and fluid.

This one goes on the Bulls medical staff.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If this is true, the Bulls should fire the entire medical staff.

Incompetence + upsetting the MVP = unemployed

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree it's on the staff, in rose's case, but it sounds like you are saying the ankle should not be loose once healed? The ankle should be weak when you take the boot off, since it's been immobilized for a while and the muscles lose strength/size. You probably left the boot on too long and didnt start rehab early enough.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Rose has been unhappy lately

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the medical staff work for the team, not for the player, once you understand the distinction, you see the issue.