ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

View Poll Results: If you had to pick one.. Who would you rather have as our long term point guard?
Kyle Lowry 145 22.27%
Goran Dragic 506 77.73%
Voters: 651. You may not vote on this poll

The Dilemma: Kyle Lowry vs. Goran Dragic
Tags:  basketball, cool! oh wait...it's bleacherreport, houston, houston rockets, nba, trade Tags
BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #41
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcity View Post
So - I would be happy with Kyle as a 6th man - to rotate in at both guard positions - letting Gogi - play SG at times - But we have a new starter folks - and maybe a franchise player.

If Kyle can't accept a new role - unload him for more assets and let's keep trying for the big fish . . .
Honestly though, what is the point of that?

Kyle deserves more than 10-15 spot minutes per game. He is a better player than that and somebody can offer him that (which would be best for his career).

That could also potentially ruin Kyle's value (as an asset).

Sponsored Link
BigM is offline Old 04-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #42
BigM
Contributing Member
BigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2764
I'd sign Dragic at any reasonable cost and deal with the roster details after.

Lowry is a great starter with a value contract and I'd be fine with him starting for the next 7 years but Goran I think is hitting another level.

Sign him and start them both or get something of value for Kyle which shouldn't be hard at all.

larsv8 is offline Old 04-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
larsv8
Contributing Member
larsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemlarsv8 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28004
Pick up the phone and ask Sacramento or the Blazers if they would move thier picks for Lowry.

Morey is smarter, more aggressive and actually gets big stars that he didn't draft. The odds are against us now. Our FO just doesn't compare to theirs. We can beat them in the draft but the Bulls have never traded for a player as good as Harden or signed a player as good as Howard.

ballplayer is offline Old 04-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #44
ballplayer
Contributing Member
ballplayer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #237
The answer to this question depends on how much money Goran wants. Granted Goran is doing his thing right now and I feel he has shown enough to want to be started in the league, but to say he is more clutch than Kyle is a bit premature. Kyle has put the team on his back many a night when he and Goran were on the floor together. My question to the board is this. In the games that Goran has lead us to victory in, can you Kyle wouldn't have found a way to do the same? I think Kyle runs the team better, but Goran is a better scorer than Kyle. Not sure Goran is leader because, it seems that since Klow has been out the leader/decision making role is going thru Scola and he is doing a great job at keeping us together. So the answer to who i keep really depends on if Goran want to be here and who the Rockets are going to bring in.

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 04-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #45
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Either one.

I don't think it makes much sense to keep both at high salaries.

If we could trade Lowry for a great package or sign and trade Dragic (if that's still possible) then I think that's the route to go.

Both are very good but neither is a superstar (yet). And the goal is still to get a superstar.

HorneR is offline Old 04-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #46
HorneR
HorneR is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42722
I'd like to drop Lowry to a team with space to take on the money for a top 5 pick. Best case scenario, imo.

jocar is offline Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #47
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador#11 View Post
wtf? what superdivas are available that won't leave you at the altar?

this sexual fantasies with superstars has to stop.

u go girl!

alethios is offline Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #48
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552
Quote:
This is not a difficult question to answer:

Dragic has officially broken out and come into his own and is a better PG than Lowry in almost every category.

1) Better natural shooter
2) Keeps the dribble deep into the lane
3) Longer/Taller physically
4) Overall better defender with his size
5) Better Clutch Shooter
6) Better decision maker throughout the game and definitely in the clutch

Don't get me wrong - I love Kyle - I love his grit, toughness and competitive nature - But we have now seen enough of a body of work with Goran - that we all know we are seeing something VERY special emerge.

With Kyle's improvement in the beginning of the year - a lot of that was due to his improved 3 point shot - We all still knew that he had limitations with his size in defending bigger PG's - So he was never going to be a superstar PG - But at best a potential All star - With Goran's stature, tools and propensity to hit the clutch shot as well as demanding the ball in his hands when the games on the line - We are seeing a potential Superstar and I don't think I am overstating.

So - I would be happy with Kyle as a 6th man - to rotate in at both guard positions - letting Gogi - play SG at times - But we have a new starter folks - and maybe a franchise player.

If Kyle can't accept a new role - unload him for more assets and let's keep trying for the big fish . . .
Goransanity??

daywalker02 is offline Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #49
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255

DUHK is offline Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #50
DUHK
DUHK is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45788
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador#11 View Post
wtf? what superdivas are available that won't leave you at the altar?

this sexual fantasies with superstars has to stop. wake up! there are only five true franchise players available the only way to get your touchy hands on one would be through the draft. A draft that only produces superstars on an average of once every four years. And even then you'd have to be BOBCATS BAD! That takes a lot of trying.

KEeep both. Both lowry and the goran are closer to become stars. infact, if they wore yellow and purple they would be stars.
I really agree! I used to question why Morey has tried to keep this team competitive while still trying to get a good player, but looking at the bobcats and those teams that suck all the time and have an identity of sucking makes me sick. I would NEVER want to the Rockets to be that bad. This team is fun to watch and I think Morey has done a good job of getting good players.

I think our future is bright. D.Mo looks promising and Llull is MVP in the euroleague. I think we should just be patient and things will work out.

Let's enjoy the ride guys.

mazinger is offline Old 04-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #51
mazinger
mazinger is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemazinger is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemazinger is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #35014
Quote:
This is not a difficult question to answer:

Dragic has officially broken out and come into his own and is a better PG than Lowry in almost every category.

1) Better natural shooter
2) Keeps the dribble deep into the lane
3) Longer/Taller physically
4) Overall better defender with his size
5) Better Clutch Shooter
6) Better decision maker throughout the game and definitely in the clutch

1) No
2)Yes
3)Yes
4)Yes
4)No
5)No

daywalker02 is offline Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #52
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
I don't understand why you have to be pro Dragic or pro Lowry.
Both are very good PGs yet have the upside to become great or semi great. Both are Rockets. Cheer for both. And let Morey deal with the situation in the offseason.

fchowd0311 is offline Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #53
fchowd0311
Contributing Member
fchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefchowd0311 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46089
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinger View Post
1) No
2)Yes
3)Yes
4)Yes
4)No
5)No
please explain... Goran in the past 17 games has been clutch in almost every close game. Plus him being taller and a better ball handler makes it easier for him to create his own shot in clutch situations where the defense is playing him hard. Plus as a starter Goran is averaging more assists and less turnovers than Lowry as a starter plus the team has a higher offensive efficiency rating as Goran being the starter.

Goran for the season is shooting for 47% while Lowry is 42%. And for 17 games now Dragic is shooting from the 3 point line at 44%. At some point it isn't considered a streak no more.

FatChad is offline Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #54
FatChad
Rookie
FatChad is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1510 Polk St View Post
Pay Goran and trade anyone not named Parsons to get it done.
That's what I'm sayin'

daywalker02 is offline Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #55
daywalker02
I am confident that Llull can get close to Goran's level as well... maybe not with the assists but in terms of scoring.

gmoney411 is offline Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #56
gmoney411
gmoney411 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodgmoney411 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29888
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
I am confident that Llull can get close to Goran's level as well... maybe not with the assists but in terms of scoring.
I love Kyle but I just don't see how we can let a player with as much upside as Goran just walk for free. If you can get a team like the Kings or the Blazers to give you a top 5 pick for Lowry I think you have to take it and resign Dragic. Morey has been going with the cheap players for so long but now it is time to take a bit of a risk and pay someone.

JCole is offline Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #57
JCole
JCole is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50539
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
ummm not rly... Lull actually isn't that good... Am pritty sure he will stay in Europe...

gregsa is offline Old 04-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #58
gregsa
gregsa is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50612
Here's the article about why keeping Dragon in Houston and wy Lowry has to go ! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...pendable-asset

W22_STREAK is offline Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #59
W22_STREAK
W22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineW22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineW22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31459
because calderon is still ballin' and tj ford is no longer in the league.

conquistador#11 is offline Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #60
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
what would king Solomon do ? Not the sh*** writer but the real one who hooked up with egyptian hotties.

I love both of them. I would make dragic an offer he can't refuse and promise him 31 minutes a night. in mauryball fashion, I would not mention to him that those minutes will be coming off the bench, 10 minute stretches where both will play together.
I'm glad I'm not maury.