1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Chronicle writer by day, striper by night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Houston Chronicle writer by day, stripper by night

Sarah Tressler: Houston Chronicle Society Writer By Day, Stripper By Night

[​IMG]

It sounds like a bad rom-com book and movie, which no doubt its author hopes it will be -- society reporter for a big-city newspaper by day, stripper by night.

That's apparently the life being led by Sarah Tressler, who began writing society stuff for the Houston Chronicle after Douglas Britt left the paper to begin his own very odd double life.

Tressler blogs, Facebooks and tweets about her life as an "angry stripper." It's all pretty much what you'd expect -- writing in the style that really, really wants to be described as "fearless" and "intelligent" and "funny" and "sexy."

Whether it lives up to that is a matter of taste, we guess.

The web writings describe her life dancing at local clubs like St. James and The Men's Club.

Her most recent entry, on March 12, talks about how a man who was tipping her as she was dancing accidentally spit some lettuce on her. (Comic relief for the movie!!)

We e-mailed Tressler, 29, but haven't heard back. Her LinkedIn profile says she has a bachelor's from University of Houston -- where she's now an adjunct professor, it says -- and a master's in journalism from NYU. (For what it's worth, there's only one Sarah Tressler in the state with a Texas driver's license, and it shows a Houston address.)

[​IMG]

She's freelanced for Us magazine and for the Chron since April. Some Chron staffers say she is now full-time, but we couldn't confirm that.

Some of those Chronsters aren't too happy, from what we hear:

Her fellow Chronicle employees have found out and they're furious. Furious because she barely bothers to conceal her identity and they're worried about the reaction from the "ladies who lunch" when they inevitably find out that they've been hosting an active stripper at their benefits. And furious because she "flaunts" her "stripper money" around the office in the form of expensive designer clothes and handbags. And furious because the Chron staff feels like she's just using them as fodder for a future roman a clef.

Harsh.

We've asked for reaction from Chron editor Jeff Cohen; Melissa Aguilar, the paper's assistant managing editor for features, and Kyrie O'Connor, who supervised the section before becoming an interim editor at the Chron's sister paper in San Antonio, but haven't heard back from the first two.

O'Connor said she knew "Sarah Tressler as a highly competent freelancer, but I've been out of pocket for quite a while. I understand she may be on staff now, but that's about my limit" of knowledge.

We'll update when we do hear from Cohen, Aguilar or Tress. Until then, we leave you with Tressler's January 1 blog post, "The 10-Hour Day Yields an Icky Fetish":

I worked from 1:30 to 11:30 last Thursday, which is long enough to hang out with some friends, make some new contacts, eat lunch and pull down about $750. I also had a run-in with one of my least favorite of the weird fetishes: guys who like to have their nipples, um ... bothered.

Foot suckers aside, the nipple guys freak me out the most. I personally hate it when guys try to reach out and rub or tweak mine; getting a dude who likes to have his ... ew ... stroked or pulled or WHATever, gawd, it's so gross. Sorry. And just kind of bumping up against the general area outside the shirt is never enough. They aren't ashamed to lift their shirts up and bare their man-nips, which, incidentally, are usually longer than what may be considered normal, the result of which I can only imagine must be from sexual apparatuses sold at stores like Nasty Pig on W. 19th in Chelsea.

#1 bobmarley, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I don't see the problem here... The Chron can use a little spice. Or more John McClain

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Attention w****.

1 person likes this.
  4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't read the Chron... but I'm totally ok with this.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

topless girl in picture 3 o'clock

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Here is a better pic of her on far left.. for those interested in w**** shaming:

[​IMG]

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Freaked me out a bit when I opened the thread...lol.

She's a facebook "acquaintance" of mine (through a mutual friend), and we've even had chat conversations before, but it's never been apparent that she was a stripper. I can't honestly remember her doing any flaunting or bragging of any kind, although she has some modeling pictures, travels a ton, and attends a lot of highbrow events (for journalistic purposes).

Regardless, what does it matter if she's a professional dancer? I'm confused.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This city once had strict stripper standards. I blame El Hitman.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why are you posting here when you have a hot, intelligent stripper on facebook waiting to be banged by you?????!!!!!!

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Looks like

[​IMG]

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

oh man the family guy resemblance is uncanny!

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Houston Chronicle writer by day, "striper" by night? :confused:

I wonder what kind of stripes they are.

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Someone sure likes to ****ing complain.

1 person likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't want to seeing John McClain being discussed in the context of stripping. Ewww...

17. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

El Hitman needs to recruit her ASAP.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I know the blonde in the middle...she went to Kinkaid.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That's a MAN, baby...