1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wrestlemania April 1, 2012

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Whos excited

[​IMG]

2. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

pretty psyched dude

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

WTF is that a snake in his neck?!

Wow, I remember going to the one in 2001. The Rock vs. Stone Cold. Good times, good times...

4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

the one in San Antonio right? Sick.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

No sir, our good ole Houston, Tx. Astrodome matter of fact.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man, ive been watching all their promos they've done on each other and I have got to say that Cena has outperformed Rock on the mic. Never thought I'd see it but wow. Hes got the Rock stumbling and stuttering over his words.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Been waiting for a damn year ever since the Rock came back last February. This match better deliver.

8. The Drake

The Drake Member

Cena/Rock should be cool, but I'm more psyched for Jericho/Punk and Sheamus/Dragon.

Oh, and Team Big Johnny all the way :cool:

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Last year The Rock was tearing Cena on the mic and practically buried him every time. This year? Garbage, I don't know whats up with him and I'm hardly excited about the match. Even worse is that we're stuck with this goof ball character (Cena) for years to come.

Only care about Jericho/Punk and HHH/Taker at this point.

10. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

WTH!?!...Can't believe its already been a year since the Rock returned.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I watch, but it's usually just background noise on my tv. Last year, I was pretty excited to see this main event.

Rock has been kinda turning me off. His promos sound cookie cutter and manufactured these days. Say something silly, make any word silly, and get the fans to chant it. That's basically the formula.

If you're on the roster, you kinda got to be pissed that he's taking a spot away from you. He shows up to promote his movie.

Okay, now that I think about it, I did see Vanessa Hudgens talking about the Rock about Journey 2. So I guess that's okay.

12. The Drake

The Drake Member

Yeah, the Rock has been pretty awful the past few weeks (often to the point of unwatchability), but does anyone think WWE is having him sandbag it for the sake of making Cena look better?

It seems pretty clear that they want a 50/50 crowd in Miami during the main event, and the only way they're going to get there is if they make the Rock look weak/Cena dominant. Stuff like the notes on Rock's wrist and Cena's attacks getting increasingly pointed while Rock sticks to "UR GAY" seem too deliberate not to be a work.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

First WM in forever that I think every match could be really good or atleast entertaining.

Cena/Rock
    Undertaker/HHH
    Punk/Jericho
    AmDrag/Sheamus
    Cody/Big Show
    RKO/Kane
    Team Teddy/Team Johnny

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Potential problem I see though is if Taker/HHH is as epic or even more so than last year. Crowd went absolutely ape **** last year and it totally drained them out. Going to be hard for Rock/Cena or one of the world championship matches to follow that.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I think this is a strong possibility and it makes sense from a booking standpoint.

1 person likes this.