1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors fans ruin Chris Mullin's retirement ceremony by booing owner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Mar 20, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byBqrtB8Kow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lacob: "The fans are upset I guess that we traded one of our favorites. That's all I can attribute that to. What I feel bad about is... Cont</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/181975135568396288" data-datetime="2012-03-20T05:27:07+00:00">March 20, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lacob cont.: "they kind of ruined a night that was very special. The organization really tried to do the right thing with Chris."</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/181975378481524737" data-datetime="2012-03-20T05:28:05+00:00">March 20, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Think we can all agree that the classy Chris Mullin did NOT deserve to have his night spoiled. Props to Mully for trying to calm things down</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/181976589792325632" data-datetime="2012-03-20T05:32:54+00:00">March 20, 2012</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

Wow...that went too far.

Fans should be ashamed at ruining that moment for Chris Mullin.

3. rawool

rawool Member

IMO, he's at fault too. He kind of instigated by taking so long to start his speech and then by acknowledging it.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Saw that on TNT. I understand the frustration but after a while it's just shameful. I'll give them credit for being passionate though.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rick Barry SMH

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

that was awkward.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Major props to Chris Mullin on that one, and I agree with him. I understand the frustration of getting rid of your team's best player, but it was definitely the right move for them.

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

maybe we should do this? lol jk.

That was pretty pathetic. Warriors fans suck.

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I think it was a combination of losing the team's best player and essentially giving up on the season by trading for someone out for the rest of the year. I can understand the frustration but I agree that it went too far.

10. Trackball

Trackball Member

Am I the only one who's more surprised that they hadn't retired Chris Mullin's number a LONG time ago?

That guy could ball! If I remember correctly, Rudy T called Mullin "a defender's nightmare" in his autobiography.

11. The Joker

The Joker Member

Warriors fans might be the best in all of sports.. Passionate and support their teams through good and bad. Frustration is a part of being a fan, and they let it go slightly overboard on this night.

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Go to a Warriors game in Oakland & you will see what I'm talking about. But hey I wish our fans were that rowdy at Toyota Center.

13. what

what Member

^^^ this.

The warriors fans have clout because they support that team. Alienating them would be a stupid move.

14. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

shouldnt they boo the GM instead if theyre upset with the ellis trade??? i mean lacob has only been owner for 2 years....

15. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Warrior fans can be rude. I was wearing my Rocket jersey in Oakland and one guy said to me "nice shirt *******". Classic!

That said, congratulations to Chris Mullin. Classy player and person. I met him in Dallas and got a picture with him!

16. what

what Member

chris mullin is the only white player that deserved the comparison to Larry Legend. the dude was one of the best shooters to ever come into the league.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well if many of them are also Raider fans then this is to be expected.

18. stefanb

stefanb Member

Chris Mullin is the neighborhood hero of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The dude is a legend in the old neighborhood.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wow, really? Golden State fans wanted to hold onto Monta "Chucker" Ellis and continue sucking? People say the Rockets are on the mediocrity treadmill... Warriors were on it way worse. They weren't even having winning seasons, but were bogged down with big contracts and getting mediocre draft picks.

At least if Bogut is healthy he has the potential to be a MUCH better building block than Monta... and now the Warriors can legitimately tank for a top 5 pick and actually get something good for it. The Bogut trade made a helluva lot of sense for that organization.

And totally classless to ruin Mullin's night.

20. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I literally laughed out loud throughout most of that video. That was great!