ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
Houston288South is offline Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
Houston288South
Houston288South is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45539
As you can tell, we have a particular roster management issue to address. After the last two games, do you think Fisher would have been a better option than signing someone off the street (ie Courtney Fortson from the D League?)

Contrary to what others believe, I still think Fisher could have been the backup PG while Lowry is out. He would have been better than anyone we're considering to sign for the remainder of the year and better than Lee running PG. So someof you are okay with signing Anthony Carter, or someone sitting on their couch? in this case, I think the Rockets org and many fans are letting their pride get them best of them. Now our team is suffering a floor general while Lowry is out and Dragic gets in foul trouble, or needs a rest.

If we don't find a solution ASAP, we are in BIG trouble.

Sponsored Link
getbloodyred is offline Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
getbloodyred
getbloodyred is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43239
what's wrong with fortson? he didn't look that bad tonight, in his first game for the Rox. give the man sometime before we go out and spend unneccessary money on a 3rd string PG

Hook 'em!

Rockets - Texans - Longhorns - Astros - Dynamo - Manchester United

This city needs a champsionship

MikeMania is offline Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
MikeMania
MikeMania is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47189
I don't think it was a matter of skill or ability on Fisher's part, just that he didn't even report to the Rockets.

IzakDavid13 is offline Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
IzakDavid13
Contributing Member
IzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48018
11. Thou shalt not allow Fisher to wear Rockets Uniform.

The 11th commandment.

'Man, this is a great spot for me. A great town, great organization.' They're going this way (points up)." - Dwight Howard

b2bizchina is offline Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
b2bizchina
b2bizchina is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14320
Lin. Lin. Lin

UTAllTheWay is offline Old 03-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
I don't care who else the Rockets need to sign, or who else plays.... as long as I never see Courtney Lee playing PG again.

topfive is online now Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
topfive
Contributing Member
topfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4593
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzakDavid13 View Post
11. Thou shalt not allow Fisher to wear Rockets Uniform.

The 11th commandment.
Yep.

Screw him. The bitch got his feelings hurt when the Lakers traded him (according the LA Times) and is very "emotional" about the situation.

Good. Never want to see him any closer to a Rocket jersey than when an ACTUAL Rocket is kicking his ass.

Dreamin is offline Old 03-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
We should have traded T-Will for Ish Smith.

Shroopy2 is offline Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #9
Shroopy2
Contributing Member
Shroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
We should have traded T-Will for Ish Smith.
Or even kept T-Will and let him play the guard spot.

Rockets Jones is offline Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
Rockets Jones
Rockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31634
Blame Morey for not getting us a PG to back-up Dragic, we just lose two and probably will keep losing the next few games.

RocketsRed14 is offline Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
RocketsRed14
RocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48055
would be nice to have llull right about now.

OremLK is offline Old 03-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets Jones View Post
Blame Morey for not getting us a PG to back-up Dragic, we just lose two and probably will keep losing the next few games.
Hopefully Lowry is able to do some conditioning while he recovers, or even his return may not immediately help.

Da Wink is offline Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #13
Da Wink
Da Wink is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3674
we really need stability at the back up for Dragic..

Matthieu is offline Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #14
Matthieu
Matthieu is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48836
who is available in the d-league ? wouldnt Conroy of the RVG be usefull ?
and i just saw Tinsley is playing there, washed up ?

theDude is offline Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
theDude
Contributing Member
theDude is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12862
This appears to be a big miscalculation on Morey's part and is costing the team wins. The frustrating part is that there is an empty roster spot that could have been filled even before Fisher's buyout. What is the point of having a D-league affiliate if not for situations like this?

Yung-T is online now Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #16
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
who is available in the d-league ? wouldnt Conroy of the RVG be usefull ?
and i just saw Tinsley is playing there, washed up ?
Tinsley is playing for Utah and getting good minutes, don't know why you think he plays D-League. Averaged 10.8 minutes over last 5 games, 20.8 over last 10 games, played a total of 19 games for them so far.

He's good but a bit inconsistent, can pass the ball though and doesn't shoot too bad.

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

CF Draft:

Yung-T is online now Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #17
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
Tinsley is playing for Utah and getting good minutes, don't know why you think he plays D-League. Averaged 15.8 minutes over last 5 games, 20.8 over last 10 games, played a total of 19 games for them so far.

He's good but a bit inconsistent, can pass the ball though and doesn't shoot too bad.
Edited.

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

CF Draft:

Matthieu is offline Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
Matthieu
Matthieu is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
Tinsley is playing for Utah and getting good minutes, don't know why you think he plays D-League. Averaged 10.8 minutes over last 5 games, 20.8 over last 10 games, played a total of 19 games for them so far.

my bad, i should have checked, his name came up when i was looking the stats of the dleague

delta69er is offline Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #19
delta69er
delta69er is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47330
I actually wouldn't mind having Anthony Carter at this point.

Yes he's washed up and was never that good to begin with, but he would provide a needed veteran leadership presence to our backcourt.

Fortson is someone you play as your backup PG if you're trying to get a high draft pick and if Dragic is going to play 45 min a game, we'll soon have 2 D-Leaguers running the 1 for us.

"I hate hate hate being left out, whether it's not being picked for a team, or being picked for a team and showing up and finding out that the team doesn't exist-or that the sport doesn't exist; I should've known, poopball?"

-Michael Scott

dutchbut is offline Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
dutchbut
Contributing Member
dutchbut is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2794
I was so upset when we traded for Fisher. He has a history of dirty play against the Rockets, thus I did not want him in a Rockets Uniform.

Judging from recent roster moves, it seems like we are looking to miss the playoffs to keep a draft pick and or get a look at players that may make the team next year instead of insulting Scola by welcoming Fisher into the Rocket Family.