ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
davidio840 is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
March 16th, 2012

Dear Rockets Fan:

First and foremost, let me thank you for your continued passion for and support of the Houston Rockets. As we prepare to celebrate our 10th Anniversary Season in Toyota Center, it remains my primary goal to bring another NBA World Championship to our great fans and the City of Houston. We will do everything we can as an organization to ultimately attain that goal.

As we head into the stretch run of the season with a playoff spot in the highly competitive Western Conference within our grasp, we will continue to make a strong push up the standings. We currently stand one and a half games out of 4th place, and with the addition of veteran leadership to complement the talented young core of Kyle Lowry, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic and Chase Budinger, we're very excited for the remainder of the year. The team is well positioned for the future with our youth and established veterans Luis Scola, Samuel Dalembert and Kevin Martin, and we have significant cap room and multiple draft picks to make a run at strategic player acquisitions.

While the future is very bright for the Rockets on the court, we’re also creating great experiences that will make your Rockets partnership even better. In keeping with my desire to bring the finest in world-class sports and entertainment events to Toyota Center and the City of Houston, I recently announced NBA All-Star Weekend will return to Houston February 15-17, 2013. This event will not only be a celebration of basketball for Rockets fans everywhere, it will deliver a significant economic impact to downtown Houston and the surrounding region.

In addition, in this 10th Anniversary Season you’ll see many upgrades in Toyota Center designed to enhance your game experience, including a new state-of-the art scoreboard and signage system to provide better replay, game action and game information visuals; an upgrade to our concessions to decrease wait times and provide enhanced menu options; greater game presentation elements to better connect our fans to the action on the court; and a new Rockets Hall of Fame on the main concourse to celebrate the great teams and players of the past, among many others.

In closing, great things are happening for the Rockets and our fans. I look forward to seeing you soon at Toyota Center as we build on the strong Rockets tradition and create many more memorable experiences together. Again, thank you for being such a big part of the Rockets family.

Best regards,

Leslie L. Alexander
Owner

Sponsored Link
Clutch is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Where did this come from?

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

RedDragon01 is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
RedDragon01
RedDragon01 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRedDragon01 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43675
It was emailed to us moments ago.

davidio840 is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Where did this come from?
Rockets Insider. I get the emails and this was sent to me a few minutes ago. I am looking for the link to post it.

Kam is online now Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Stuff like this gets sent out periodically. Usually at the end of the season, and the start of the season.

Usually optimistic bs.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

atomicanderz is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
atomicanderz
atomicanderz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodatomicanderz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44905
By the 2nd paragraph I realized this wasn't a spoof/joke and stopped reading.

"This may sound morbid and mean, but I'll choke a baby if we get another pick 14! I swear it!" - Dubwerth

YaosDirtyStache is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
YaosDirtyStache
YaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneYaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneYaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneYaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneYaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneYaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneYaosDirtyStache is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43586
Looks like Clutch isnt an insider anymore.

Someone find the new IT guy, im guessing his moniker is EMail

txppratt is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
txppratt
Contributing Member
txppratt is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetxppratt is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18139
dear rockets fans,

sorry we didnt get anything exciting at the trade deadline. were working on all these other things to enhance your game experience because david stern hates us.

oh... and dont be mad at daryl.

signed,

les

emcitymisfit is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
emcitymisfit
emcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40365
Rockets HOF sounds awesome.

- ilookOK

Clutch is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidio840 View Post
Rockets Insider. I get the emails and this was sent to me a few minutes ago. I am looking for the link to post it.
Thanks for the heads up and passing it along on the board.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

kjayp is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
tryin to lessen the disappointment of the trade deadline? Props for the pr effort....

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!

Clutch is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
Clutch
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaosDirtyStache View Post
Looks like Clutch isnt an insider anymore.
Les gives me all the updates in the Styx forum... but he didn't mention this email stuff

coachbadlee is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Very classy of Mr. Alexander. He knows that we all were waiting for the block-buster trade and is basically apologizing for not getting it done. It's okay. Yesterdays moves didn't hurt the team. I think they are doing a great job of keeping us all interested in the team.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

J.R. is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Alexander
The team is well positioned for the future with our youth and established veterans Luis Scola, Samuel Dalembert and Kevin Martin, and we have significant cap room and multiple draft picks to make a run at strategic player acquisitions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Blinebury
There will be more talk of salary cap space, draft choices, flexibility and potential for doing big things in the next offseason. Just like the last one and the one before that, along with what is now the past couple of trade deadlines
Haha....

Last edited by J.R.; 03-16-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Htownhero is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Htownhero
Htownhero is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1643
Wow, no mention of Morris in the "talented young core" group. I think that says something.

Everybody knows the war is over, everybody knows the good guys lost

CometsWin is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
CometsWin
Contributing Member
CometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2000
Member: #1451
Double post

CometsWin is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
CometsWin
Contributing Member
CometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2000
Member: #1451
The best barely playoff team owner in the league by far. Rockets fans are thrilled.

davidio840 is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
davidio840
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownhero View Post
Wow, no mention of Morris in the "talented young core" group. I think that says something.
I was also thinking that. They didn't mention him at all. Seems as if he isn't in our future plans.

tinman is online now Old 03-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Thanks for the heads up and passing it along on the board.
I got the email too.

This is the picture sent with it:

xiki is offline Old 03-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
The owner exists, has a name? I wonder what he tells DM the GM to do???