1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonny Flynn, the worst player in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Mar 12, 2012.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

HE ACTUALY SLIGHTLY IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR!

Last year he had a PER of 7.1, an offensive rating of 85 and a defensive rating of 114. Combining them, he was the fourth worst player in the past 26 years period.

This year, he has a PER of 7.9, an offensive rating of 87 and a defensive rating of 108.

Here is an article from last year saying that he was the worst player in the game today and the fourth worst player in the past 26 years:

http://hoopramblings.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-historically-bad-was-jonny-flynns.html

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It painful to watch him out there sucking it up. He's the version of AB that can't shoot.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I find it funny Donte Green was the worst - a guy we drafted - and promptly traded ;)

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want this guy gone..I want another back up PG.

5. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

Poor guy I kind of feel sorry for him, but then I realized he's making $3.4 mil

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

3.4 mil to bench warm!? What a tough life. He and Thabeet can go and sulk in their mansions!

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Speaking of AB, isn't he a FA? :cool:

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Kinda.

The only team he can sign with is Phoenix until the offseason when he becomes restricted (similar situation to Chandler).

9. Houston288South

Flynn is horrific, but I think Sheldon Williams is equally terrible, or worse. What a shame...

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I am really interested, maybe some1 can find a statement from Morey about Flynn, if he was just a guy they had to take on for Motiejunas or they really thought he was good enough. That Lin cut is starting to look more terrible by the day. Might as well play Martin or Lee at PG!

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I think was a low risk/ potentially medium reward move in regard to flynn. At best- he can become a good backup pg. Worst- expiring contract. Still not that bad of a move for a guy with a ton of potential coming over next season.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah. Alot of things can go wrong when you are injured and out foe an entire season.:rolleyes:

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Every time the Rockets play T-Will the announcers talk about how he can play nearly every position. Every time Flynn came back in last night all I could think was why not T-Will. He is at least a great passer with great court vision. Flynn only has one trick: run the clock all the way down then turn it over.

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

Wow you guys are hilarious......

HE WAS INJURED LAST SEASON.

He hasn't played at all this year. The two games he's seen action, he's been incredibly rusty.

He had a very good rookie campaign that you conveniently left out. He was so good the Pacers offered the 10th overall pick for him.

Drtg is very subjective. It depends substantially on the teams you play for. Timberwolves and Rockets.....yea.......

Marcus Morris is close to a -2 PER right now. If you can judge a players PER by a handful of games with spotty minutes, why not do the same for Marcus?

1 person likes this.
  15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Maybe he needs to go get warmed up in the NBDL then because he is doing nothing but harming us, every single trip up the court.

Give the rock to T-Will or Lee or even Martin (ugh) to run the offense. (At least Martin will only turn it over about 5/10 times instead of 9.5/10.) Double up on guards for defense and give it to Parsons to start the offense if need be. Or run it by committee when Lowry's out and Dragic is resting.

Maybe Flynn is just rusty, but he is TOO rusty by far to be handling the ball for any pro team right now. And he can't hit the side of a barn nor does he do a thing for us on defense. We play 4 on 5 with him on the court. But it's worse than that. We give him the ball to make all our decisions on offense and all he does is dribble down the clock and throw it away.

I would rather see Samuel Dalembert run our offense right now. Anything would be better than Flynn.

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

if you mean he's played 9 games, and over 100min, then yes you'd be right. Parsons had very limited minutes at first too, made the most of them. Flynn has made 8 of 32 FGA, 8 total rebounds, 22 assists, and 8 turnovers. In fact, 8 FGs, 8 rbs, and 8 turnovers? Thats his new nickname, Jonny "Crazy 8" Flynn.

he seems to have NO PG instincts when he's out on the floor. Sure, you can be "rusty" shooting, but he shows no control or court vision. Maybe he is better than what we've seen out of him - but he can't get minutes on past or potential. If you arent assisting, shooting even CLOSE to a decent percentage, rebounding, stealing, or defending.... then why should coach put you in?

He's one of the worst players I've ever seen on the Rockets, and when he's in we do very badly.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Second worst player in the NBA .... Hasheem Thabeet owns the distinction of being the NBA's worst player.

Just sucks that both of them are on the same roster .....:mad:

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Clutchfans had a draft prediction thread that summer and I was all in for Nicolas Batum. I thought he had more upside than Greene but then Greene exploded one game in summer league shooting lights out and I thought Morey's a genius.

19. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Why not give TWill some burn at PG?