1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets standings watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Probably end up in the top 8 but with that Dallas loss and rockets win at NJ I think Rox moved up to the 7th. Where do you think they'll end up?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

8 or 9. I don't think they'll break into top 7, unless they upgrade the team at the trade deadline.

3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Minny is out of it since Rubio is out, you dont think Rox can finish ahead of borderline teams like PHX, POR and UTA with roster as currently constructed?

4. cod

cod Member

Making the playoffs itself will be be tough. Minny, Utah, Blazers, and Suns are still in it.

Minny and Blazers look like they're headed for a season's end crash. Utah could go either way. Suns are hot right now.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They can. Its also possible they can fall behind one of those teams.

6. conquistador#11

I still think they'll end up with the sixth. Minus the toronto game, they played close in those games they lost. Just a comedy of errors.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Ask me in 5 days.

All I can say is it's likely the final two playoff spots will come down to the last day of the season.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

fixed

9. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

ask this question again after the trade deadline...who knows we might be tanking

just depends on the direction we trade

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We can make number 7-8 with our current roster if we meet the following conditions;

-If Lowry, Martin, Scola, Dalembert all find consistency.

-All 2009ers must go.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

premature equestionation - - who starts, and finishes, against the Clips in LA?

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

All 2009ers? I can see Thabeet (2), Flynn (6) and Williams (11). However, I am not so sure we should part with Hill (8), Llull (34) and Budinger (44).

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Well one thing is certain: we are not standing pat. We will make some moves. I assume at least 4 of our players are on the go.

With that being said, it is nearly impossible to tell. Morey IS willing to go all in. I assume he attempts that first.

I don't see Scola, Martin, Dragic, Thabeet, TWill here by the deadline. If it's a big trade, I don't see Lowry, M. Morris, Bud, and Martin here by the deadline.

It's just impossible to tell by now, but in a couple of dayse will be a very active forum. :)

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

The West is ridiculously tough a couple of stretch of loses can put an end to your playoff chances so without Lowry I dont see us winning games and staying in the top 8 for the duration Lowry is out

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

okc is next..back to back L...crap!

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

You guys think Rox can hold off PHX for that 8th spot?

Also when Kyle returns is he the starter or Dragic remains?

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

oops Phoenix and Utah*

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Good god, with PHX coming on, there's a chance we barely miss the playoffs again. This can't keep happening, can it?

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We have a better schedule than Phoenix and I think we are better than them with a healthy team. Yesterday was just a team running on fumes. Dragic can't play 40 plus minutes a game and play at a high level. IWe do need a better back up point and Camby has to get better acclimated with his role. Not shooting 15 foot jumpers.

Morey seems to think we need 35 wins to make the playoffs. Thats 11 more wins. We do have to play Dallas 3 more times twice in Dallas and we have Chicagom Miami and the Lakers at home but the rest of our games are winnable.

20. arjun

arjun Member

if we want to make the playoffs...we need Kyle Lowry back, and we need Kevin Martin to stay on the bench.