ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Trade deadline 2012 - realistic trade scenarios
Tags:  1560, 2012, basketball, houston rockets, nba, pau gasol, trade Tags
Wolverrines is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #81
Wolverrines
Wolverrines is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50090
Quote:
Originally Posted by cod View Post
Llull is a 2nd round pick. There is no rookie scale for him.

He would also be on the same " "years in NBA" scale" as Dragic. This would not matter anyway as it only concerns max contracts.

Rudy Fernandez signed a 3M ($4M) per year contract with Real Madrid during the lockout. That's tax free money. If Llull is their franchise player and can command that sort of cash the Rockets would have to offer at the least the MLE to even have a sniff at signing him away from Spain.
Think Scola 2-3 years at something like 6-10 mil.

Sponsored Link
Wolverrines is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #82
Wolverrines
Wolverrines is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMorris20 View Post
I'd love to see Garnett come to Houston, even if it's only for 2 years. He's got the clutch gene, and it would certainly be welcome in H-Town.

Along the same lines, Paul Pierce would be a nice add as well.
Hell no to Paul Pierce. Old and to many years of big money on his contract. Yes for Garnet since he is expiring after this season. 21 mil off the books. Would also like Ray Allen and his expiring contract

cod is offline Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #83
cod
cod is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecod is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverrines View Post
Think Scola 2-3 years at something like 6-10 mil.
Real Madrid is one of the powerhouses in European basketball.

Luis's club worked on a far smaller budget. During Luis's time the highest paid player in his former club's history was an American guy at 1M per year.

underrated015 is offline Old 02-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #84
underrated015
underrated015 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35218
unless we get gasol, most likely lateral move, doubt if morey trades scola n martin for other players. no reason to get worked up.

CDave is offline Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #85
CDave
CDave is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50367
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjayp View Post
I dont want Pau - I have no interest in dumping a third of our total cap space into a 31, 32 and then 33 yr old Pau Gasol.... that said, I'd love to play third wheel - sending Pau to Minnie with Bud. Scola, Dragic and Beasley to LA. We walk away with Derrick Williams and a center (preferably Pekovic - realistically Darko)...

Kamen for expirings (and possibly Bud) - cool.

Celtics... pass! Those dinosaurs are all fading fast and fall in the same category as overpaying Gasol...

D12/DWill dream - i'd go all in for whatever we gotta do...

Kmart to Minnie - plenty of good possibilities I'd consider!

Deal with Portland.... Wallace or Batum are worth dealin for...
I'll try one last time.

Except for Beasley The Lakers don't have any interest in those other Rocket assets. Theye never did. if they wanted Scola or Dragic they would have taken them last December in exchange for Gasol straight up instead of including New Orleans in a three way trade.

ThatBoyNick is online now Old 02-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #86
ThatBoyNick
ThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49886
Stealing this one from the Random trade idea thread: Lakers in - L.Scola, M.Williams, C.budinger and knicks 2012 pick. Rockets in - P.Gasol and R.foye. Clippers in - K.Martin and rockets 2nd round pick.

HTown5933 is offline Old 02-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #87
HTown5933
HTown5933 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHTown5933 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHTown5933 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBoyNick View Post
Stealing this one from the Random trade idea thread: Lakers in - L.Scola, M.Williams, C.budinger and knicks 2012 pick. Rockets in - P.Gasol and R.foye. Clippers in - K.Martin and rockets 2nd round pick.
I had Foye coming to us in one of my others also...lol

withmustard is offline Old 02-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #88
withmustard
withmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwithmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9680
How is this thread any different than mine from a week ago? Deadline predictions vs realistic trade scenarios. SO.... not what you think will happen but what could happen realistically that you saw coming? I clearly asked people to state what they thought WILL happen. How is this different

Am I just hating?

If so, apologies

Dreamin is offline Old 02-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #89
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
Under 3 weeks left. Must upgrade SF and C spots.

OremLK is offline Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #90
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
Under 3 weeks left. Must upgrade SF and C spots.
Not SF... Parsons is doing a great job.

We just another all-star caliber player to pair with Lowry, it's that simple. It doesn't really matter what position, though a PF/C would be the best case outcome obviously.

Rookie34 is offline Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 AM   #91
Rookie34
Rookie34 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18868
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Not SF... Parsons is doing a great job.

We just another all-star caliber player to pair with Lowry, it's that simple. It doesn't really matter what position, though a PF/C would be the best case outcome obviously.
Parsons is doing a great job, indeed. But if we have the chance to upgrade the SF spot with a player like Iggy or G. Wallace ... you don't hesitate.

I agree with the fact you need to pair Lowry with an All Star caliber player and preferable a (young) PF/C, in order to make some noise in the playoffs and for the future. And I would love a player like Al Jefferson (coached by McHale) ...

joesr is offline Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #92
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
I dont understand this thread? Its the same conception of our trade thread already. Just cause realistic is put into the title? Duplicate thread if you ask me. Surprised mods let it go this far.

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

Da Wink is online now Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #93
Da Wink
Da Wink is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3674
we should also look at the Boston situation..seems that team is about to be blowed up..dunno what DM (he got the connections for sure) can get from them..lots of over the hill players.

jayhow92 is offline Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #94
jayhow92
jayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48093
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBoyNick View Post
Mo and Foye for Martin would be an absolute steal for the clips.

ROXTXIA is online now Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #95
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Wink View Post
we should also look at the Boston situation..seems that team is about to be blowed up..dunno what DM (he got the connections for sure) can get from them..lots of over the hill players.
I think they'd be more likely to trade Rondo for a good player/cap relief and pick(s). KG and Ray Allen are expiring. Pierce deserves to retire a Celtic.

I.e., (this won't happen), if Morey offered Lowry + Thabust and sent Rondo to a third team.

Ainge doesn't want to rebuild around Rondo. Take away the future Hall of Famers from Boston and Rondo, while very good, is somewhat diminished and eating too much cap space.

daywalker02 is offline Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #96
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesr View Post
I dont understand this thread? Its the same conception of our trade thread already. Just cause realistic is put into the title? Duplicate thread if you ask me. Surprised mods let it go this far.
Random trade thread and Trade deadline thread can coexist.
I don't understand why people have to critique everything.

t0mdotcom is offline Old 02-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #97
t0mdotcom
t0mdotcom is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodt0mdotcom is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #50328
Blockbuster Deal.

Im pretty sure all the salaries work.

HOU receives - Danny Granger, Pau Gasol, & Steve Blake

LAL receives Chris Kaman, Luis Scola, & Goran Dragic

IND receives Kevin Martin & Chandler Parsons

NO receives Hasheem Thabeet, Jordan Hill, & 1st round pick via LAL

allanivan is offline Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #98
allanivan
allanivan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38529
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mdotcom View Post
Blockbuster Deal.

Im pretty sure all the salaries work.

HOU receives - Danny Granger, Pau Gasol, & Steve Blake

LAL receives Chris Kaman, Luis Scola, & Goran Dragic

IND receives Kevin Martin & Chandler Parsons

NO receives Hasheem Thabeet, Jordan Hill, & 1st round pick via LAL
I'll so do that////.........

Thefabman is offline Old 02-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #99
Thefabman
Thefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereThefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereThefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereThefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereThefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereThefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereThefabman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28279
Heres my trade idea...

t0mdotcom is offline Old 02-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #100
t0mdotcom
t0mdotcom is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodt0mdotcom is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #50328
HOU receives - Derron Williams & Danny Granger

IND receives - Kevin Martin, Chandler Parsons, & Mehmet Okur

NJN receives - Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, Hasheem Thabeet, Jordan Hill, and HOU 1st round pick via NYK