ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Trade deadline 2012 - realistic trade scenarios
Tags:  1560, 2012, basketball, houston rockets, nba, pau gasol, trade Tags
giddyup is offline Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #61
giddyup
Contributing Member
giddyup is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegiddyup is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegiddyup is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegiddyup is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegiddyup is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donegiddyup is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3438
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mdotcom View Post
I've heard rumors that the Lakers reportedly want Michael Beasley and the Timberwolves may actively pursue Kevin Martin.

If this is the case, I think this trade would be good for every team.

LAL receives - Luis Scola, Goran Dragic (or Flynn), Michael Beasley, & Wesley Johnson.

HOU receives - Pau Gasol

MIN receives - Kevin Martin
I'd rather have Beasley and Wes Johnson for Kevin Martin.

The Gasol talk won't go away because, I think, he physically resembled McHale. I think Morey thinks that McHale can toughen him up and teach him a few more things and make a resurgent career for the Spaniard. I'm okay with that but it all depends on the price and most of the proposals are too costly for Houston.

Last edited by giddyup; 02-23-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Sponsored Link
ABrooks0 is offline Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #62
ABrooks0
ABrooks0 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44993
In my opinion we gotta trade for Beasley, his value is probably career low and we can probably snatch him for TWill and maybe a pick? Beasley's offensive game has so much potential, dude is a scorer. We can use someone like him when were on those offensive droughts. Plus, I really feel he can blow up into a legit player here.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #63
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrooks0 View Post
In my opinion we gotta trade for Beasley, his value is probably career low and we can probably snatch him for TWill and maybe a pick? Beasley's offensive game has so much potential, dude is a scorer. We can use someone like him when were on those offensive droughts. Plus, I really feel he can blow up into a legit player here.
Really? You think Rick Adelman is looking to reunite with Terrence Williams? Really?

ABrooks0 is offline Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #64
ABrooks0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
Really? You think Rick Adelman is looking to reunite with Terrence Williams? Really?
Lol true true. Just an idea, but seriously..get Beasley.

kjayp is offline Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #65
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
Quote:
I agree with tryin to snatch Beasley on the cheap... maybe Bud, an expiring and second rd pick might do it...

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!

fitchjs is offline Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #66
fitchjs
fitchjs is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7064
Thoughts?

Rockets trade:
Kevin Martin
Jordan Hill
Chase Budinger

Timberwolves trade:
Michael Beasley
Nikola Pekovic
Wesley Johnson

rocketblaze is offline Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #67
rocketblaze
rocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2009
Member: #41757
Quote:
Yeah I agree. The guy has the ability to become an elite scorer in this league..

As far as his pricetag here's an article from minny...

quote:
A little birdie confirmed Wednesday that the Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in trading for Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley. Whether the Lakers have made an offer for Beasley is unclear, but the Wolves aren't especially interested in acquiring more bodies. A first-round draft pick might be a reasonable trade. .... The Lakers, by the way, aren't the only team expressing interest in Beasley

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20019654

Offering them the NY pick, along with their own second rounder and a future pick in addition to some expiring's might do the trick.

kjayp is offline Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #68
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchjs View Post
Thoughts?

Rockets trade:
Kevin Martin
Jordan Hill
Chase Budinger

Timberwolves trade:
Michael Beasley
Nikola Pekovic
Wesley Johnson
LOVE IT - but dont think it'll happen.... the only way I see Minnie parting with Pekovic is in a 3 way where they get Pau...

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!

ashishduh is offline Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #69
ashishduh
Contributing Member
ashishduh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodashishduh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46962
I don't understand all these scenarios involving Scola/Martin/Dragic with no young "bluechips" being moved. The CP3 trade was nixed because Stern saved Demps from looking like a moron because of this.

But I guess the fact that that deal "happened" proves that some GMs really are that dumb...

theprof is offline Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #70
theprof
theprof is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #44934
Hill and Martin for Beasley and Pekovic. Free C-Lee!!

ABrooks0 is offline Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #71
ABrooks0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketblaze View Post
Yeah I agree. The guy has the ability to become an elite scorer in this league..

As far as his pricetag here's an article from minny...

quote:
A little birdie confirmed Wednesday that the Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in trading for Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley. Whether the Lakers have made an offer for Beasley is unclear, but the Wolves aren't especially interested in acquiring more bodies. A first-round draft pick might be a reasonable trade. .... The Lakers, by the way, aren't the only team expressing interest in Beasley

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20019654

Offering them the NY pick, along with their own second rounder and a future pick in addition to some expiring's might do the trick.
Oh that's interesting, didn't the T-Wolves trade like a 2nd round for him to the Heat?

AverageAgain is offline Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #72
AverageAgain
AverageAgain is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #36044
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchjs View Post
Thoughts?

Rockets trade:
Kevin Martin
Jordan Hill
Chase Budinger

Timberwolves trade:
Michael Beasley
Nikola Pekovic
Wesley Johnson
My thoughts are that some of you people really think of the most unrealistic trades, like trading a bag full of donkey dung for a box full of gold...please see above....how abut Thabeet, Courtney Lee, and Flynn for Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, and Gordon Hayward and then turn around and trade Scola, Budinger, and Parsons for James Harden, Kendick Perkins and Eric Maynor and 2 future number ones....Houston sports fan=no sense of reality

conquistador#11 is offline Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #73
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
what do you guys think about sending all of our 09ers to the thunder for Durant? We could use the scoring he would give us! Scotty can develop hasheem and twill.

rolyat93 is offline Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #74
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
I've been in the James Harden camp for a while, he's underutilized in OKC (not bad coaching just already two established stars). And the Thunder need a post presence Scola and Kmart + Pick for Harden. The only thing is the salaries aren't in the same ball park. Would need a 3rd team.

joesr is offline Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #75
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishduh View Post
I don't understand all these scenarios involving Scola/Martin/Dragic with no young "bluechips" being moved. The CP3 trade was nixed because Stern saved Demps from looking like a moron because of this.

But I guess the fact that that deal "happened" proves that some GMs really are that dumb...
At least some of us see why it happen and not say its because it was with the Rockets.

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

mr. 13 in 33 is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #76
mr. 13 in 33
mr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47563
if the timberwolves got kevin martin i'm sure adelman would love to see martin and love together on the same team

ROXTXIA is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #77
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
Courtney Lee and Chase Budinger and the NY pick for James Harden, because OKC can't afford to pay him and Ibaka along w/ their All Stars.

Okay, it isn't realistic.

arjun is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #78
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXTXIA View Post
Courtney Lee and Chase Budinger and the NY pick for James Harden, because OKC can't afford to pay him and Ibaka along w/ their All Stars.

ya thanks for that last line

OremLK is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #79
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXTXIA View Post

OKC has no reason to trade Harden before next season's trade deadline, and even then they may choose to keep him.

Ultimate6thMan is offline Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #80
Ultimate6thMan
Ultimate6thMan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44100
Okay, the Lakers want Lowry for Gasol. We want Howard and Deron.

What about we give the Lakers Lowry and Scola for Gasol...but only do it if we have a deal on the table with Orlando for Howard that would include Martin, PP, Parsons, our expirings and any/all picks that they want to complete the deal? If we can keep Dragic, CLee and hopefully Morris, we could add anything and everything in the deal that would make Orlando happy enough to do the deal..even two of those three if necessary.

Howard may want to play and stay here if we can pair him up with Gasol, with the potential to sign Deron in the off season. The key would be saving enough cap room to sign Deron and hopefully keeping CLee and Morris for our 2 and 3 positions.

If we had a starting lineup next year of:

Deron
CLee
Morris
Gasol
Howard

I think we become the favorites for it all and would not have any problems signing players on the cheap to filll out the roster; not to mention whatever is left over that Orlando leaves or sends over to make the deal happen. Eating that Turkgolu contract may be the part that becomes tough if it keeps us from having enough cap space to sign Deron outright in the offseason. Maybe some of the capologists here can toss around the facts of whether it would work or not.

My thoughts are always shoot for the stars, and be happy if you are able to land on the moon.