1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you put the blame, T-Will or Rockets organization ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Feb 19, 2012.

?

Who is at fault for T-Will not getting the playing time ?

1. Rockets organization, he has too much talent to be on the bench.

60 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. T-Will, he hasn't gotten playing time from multiple head coaches and seems to be a headcase.

175 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Quite a dialogue brewing about T-Will. I know the guy is very talented but seems to be somewhat of a headcase. Well i ask you Rockets fans who is at fault for T-Will not getting the playing time ?

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He didn't get it under RA, he didn't get it under McHale.

It's on him.

Same goes for Thabeet.

Playing time is earned, not given.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

He simply needs to keep his mouth shut. I find it puzzling as to why Morey took the gamble on him and gave up a 1st round pick, but then stockpiled multiple Small Forwards to diminish any playing time he could have received. Of course I don't blame him for wanting out. He's wasting away his prime on the bench, but mouthing off to the media and Twitter isn't helping his situation here or his future with another club.

4. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

Start T-Wlll Bench parsons! he cant hit jumpers! :mad::mad:

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets organization set it up nice for him, but if he was truly a great player, he'd overcome all those things.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know I often think the same thing...but it is possible that multiple teams pass on a guy and then he breaks out.

I think at times you have to just roll with the guys you think have talent and see what they can do when given the opportunity. If you give the hard-workers the nod all the time all you will end up with is a team full of over achievers...

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Both parties bear some blame. But 2 teams and 5 coaches and documented attitude problems, including comments from the Nets GM who took over as coach for a while, make it clear this falls on Williams.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Who is "he"? Neither one of them can hit jumpers.

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

Twill must be acting a fool in practice for him not get ANY playing time....Remember when Courtney Lee got injured...did Twill play?...NO...Remember when Budinger was sucking at the beginning of the season and Twill was actually out performing him..did he get more minutes..NO..Remember when Parson beat out both Budinger and Twill for the starting SF spot..who got a chance to redeem themselves...therein lies your answer..Twill is a knucklehead!!:eek:

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

when you have the crowd yelling "free T-Will" atleast give the man some playing time

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

When did that ever happen?

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Many football stadiums are yelling to see the backup quarterback play. Should they all be free too when the starter is usually clearly better?

14. Margrave

Margrave Member

Blaming the Rockets organization is a bit harsh, they are trying to in every game possible, whether that is the right strategy is also up for debate, but that is what is going on here.

For me the issue is that they acquired all these picks and never really tried them on an NBA floor, it would seem that TWill might make a pretty decent backup PG.

I honestly believe that TWill needs to go to a team with established superstars that can tell him to shut up and play, when he starts getting mouthy, he reminds me of Rodman, a crazy personality that desperately needs attention.

He clearly feels he has not gotten his shot, and honestly, there is some truth to that.

I believe Morey made a comment last year about having too many assets can never be a bad thing and Bill Simmons commented it can be a really bad thing.

Well, I concur with Simmons, sometimes having too many like players can cause a chemical spill and that is what it looks like on the Rockets this year.

Too many equal parts, IMO.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I blame the organization for being foolish enough to trade for the guy. The responsibility for what has, or has not, happened on the court regarding Williams is something I place entirely at the feet of Mr. Williams. He has not produced on the court. He seems helpless to work within an offense. He has tremendous defensive potential, along with his other "potential," yet has not shown us decent defense, either. And all this BS about not getting time on the court in games? You earn that time in practice. He obviously has not produced in practice.

Williams is his own worst enemy. His biggest problem is that he doesn't realize it.

2 people like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In hindsight , it was a poor trade by Morey.

That said , Twill has an enormous amount of physical gifts .... Its not difficult to become enamoured with the physical ability.

Twill doesnt move without the ball , stops ball movement on offense (reminds me of Steve Francis dribbling the shot clock away) and doesnt really defend all that well - Couple that with poor shooting and questionable shot selection .... he deserves his spot on the end of the bench.
    The NBA is about consistency , not making a highlight reel every once in a while.

We have seen absolutely no improvement in Twill's game over the year plus he has been with the team , that points to a lack of the type of work ethic required to be an NBA player , much less one on the elite level.

Three quality NBA coaches have reached the same conclusion with this guy .... I doubt they are wrong.

Twill - Quit tweeting and start working on your shot.

1 person likes this.
  17. thething

thething Contributing Member

When the starter is sucking, yes. It doesn't matter if the starter is probably better. You need to see what you have if it's a young guy on the bench.

The Rockets are not a championship contender, yet they are letting young players rot on the bench. It's obvious that T-Will has talent--he just needs playing time in order to have a chance to put it together. So far he has had no chance.

18. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I have to agree with most folks. Tweats or no tweats, the guy is getting no minutes, so something is off. We may never really know for sure. It does not appear to be in the statistics, from what I see, he is on a par with many of the guys getting significant minutes.

Then you watch him play. He blows by everyone, makes great passes, rebounds and plays some defense. Head case or not, given the ball and the minutes, I doubt anyone would be completely surprised if he came away with a triple double.

Early in the season, when he got some playing time, it was if he was being forced to play like he was Bud or Martin, hang out up high behind the three point line waiting for a kick out. It seemed as though when he did get the kick out he would pass up the three (smart) and make an aborted drive to the bucket resulting in a pass of that did not result in much.

It was if he was playing the spot of a 3 point shooter that did not have to be honored, allowing the defender to play off, not allowing any meaningful penetration. I was hoping Dragic would bring the ball up and then let Twill handle the ball. We did this with Tmac who also was not bad at passing off.

I don't get to watch many games and would like to see if anyone else noticed how Twill was used early on and if perhaps our offense has evolved to something in which he no longer makes a good fit.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think T-Will has a bad rep that has stayed with him.

You watch him on the sidelines, and you can tell that he can't be that bad in the locker room.

Why wouldn't he get minutes and that nutcase Von Wafer did?

In my opinion, Morey really has messed up. You invested (somewhat) and T-will and you aren't pushing either of your coaches (previously Rick) to give him a shot.

I'm not even a T-will fan, but something isn't right.

With all the idiotic plays Jordan Hill makes, the lack of effort, he still gets minutes.

Hell, Hasheem gets garbage minutes before Twill gets off the bench, and Hasheem has turned out to be a terrible, terrible investment. I understand the money involved and the whole "Battier was bringing us down" argument, but if a stiff like Thabeet gets minutes and has no desire to play (allegedly), why doesn't Terrence get a few touches a game?

I used to be impressed with Morey, but these small asset-based investments are showing some of his weaknesses. Why go after players that will not play, at all? It doesn't make sense.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

See, I'm not sure about that. From what we've read and heard in the past, Terrence is early to practice and late to leave. I may be wrong though. Are there articles/evidence to suggest he plays like Hasheem during practice?;)