ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

The 8 teams that will make the Playoffs at the end of the year are in it right now
Tags:  basketball, espn, houston rockets, memphis, minnesota, nba, playoffs, utah Tags
TheRealist137 is online now Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
http://espn.go.com/nba/standings?group=2

Seedings may change, but that means Utah, Memphis, Minnesota are going to be out.

1 Oklahoma City
2 LA Clippers
3 San Antonio
4 Denver
5 LA Lakers
6 Houston
7 Dallas
8 Portland

Sponsored Link
davidio840 is offline Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavidio840 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
Maybe this is better to look at..

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Cannonball is offline Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
Too early.

Pete the Cheat is offline Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Pete the Cheat
Pete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePete the Cheat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
Too early.
I would still love a shot at the Spurs in the first round...
I won't lie...seeing Hollinger's projection made my mouth water a little bit.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both

I haven't died. Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken

DaDakota is offline Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
I think Minny has a chance to sneak in there......and I think it may come down to Houston and Minny for the final spot.

DD

VBG is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
VBG
VBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota View Post
I think Minny has a chance to sneak in there......and I think it may come down to Houston and Minny for the final spot.

DD
Classic DD being wrong. This post should be saved. There is no way Minny is gonna make the playoffs.

Their improvement is definitely remarkable. But playoffs in the West? Sorry but no.

mario713 is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
mario713
Rookie
mario713 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44039
if we can make it, i dont see why MIN cant make it.. Love,Rubio,Beasly,Williams......

and I'm A DIEHARD Rockets FAN!!!!

DaDakota is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBG View Post
Classic DD being wrong. This post should be saved. There is no way Minny is gonna make the playoffs.

Their improvement is definitely remarkable. But playoffs in the West? Sorry but no.
They are 1 game behind us, and they own the tie breaker, I may be wrong, but don't underestimate their team.

DD

Asian Sensation is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
Quote:
They are 1 game behind us, and they own the tie breaker, I may be wrong, but don't underestimate their team.

DD
You're not wrong for once.

Unfortunately.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

Amel is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
hey

thanks for posting the standings that are widely available on any basketball website..

I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Will’s rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.

REEKO_HTOWN is online now Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Quote:

DD
I see Minny getting the 8th spot (Maybe) but I see us getting the 5th or 6th spot because Denver is about to tank. Gallo means too much to their offense and he'll be missing for at least 2 weeks. I still don't think Minny is mature enough to stay consistent.

Karolik is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Karolik
Karolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44968
Yep, everything we have seen from this team thus far shows that they will definitely make the playoffs...

BEAT LA is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
BEAT LA
Contributing Member
BEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43559
That likely means the Rockets won't have a pick higher than 15 in this draft (NY will make the playoffs). That sucks, but it's worth it if we get a shot at SA or Denver in the first round, especially SA. A rematch against the Lakers would be nice, but I don't think we stand much of a chance even though they are older.

Still 41 games to go.

durvasa is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Minnesota will make the playoffs. Adelman is good.

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32178
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
Adelman is great coach. Period.

nachbarFTW is offline Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
nachbarFTW
nachbarFTW is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnachbarFTW is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #42989
I think either way some really good teams are going to miss the playoffs in the West.

“It should not be denied... that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations,
with absolute freedom, and the road has always led West.”

arjun is offline Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
I would love to get a stab at upsetting the Spurs in the playoffs.

It seems like we have played them a 100x this season already, it only makes sense that we see them in the first round. Between the Clippers, Thunder and Spurs...I'd go with the Spurs.

It's been a weird season..a Houston Rocket first round upset victory could be in the making.

mr. 13 in 33 is offline Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
mr. 13 in 33
mr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47563
all it takes is one person to help us in the playoffs

VBG is offline Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
VBG
VBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the pointsVBG is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #42683
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
15 games at home outta 25.

Amazing that the Grizzlies look like they will have a very tough time making the playoffs again.

BEAT LA is offline Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
BEAT LA
Contributing Member
BEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43559
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. 13 in 33 View Post
all it takes is one person to help us in the playoffs
kevin martin?