1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Gasol, Rockets, Lowry, etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Gasol for Martin and Scola?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2012.
  1. Yes

145 vote(s)
    67.4%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_lakers_celtics_nba_021012

Interesting. I wonder if the strong play by Dragic would make Morey consider trading Lowry for Gasol. And wouldn't it be nice if we had a good third stringer to step into goran's role?

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was wondering if the Lakers would consider taking Dragic + Scola for Gasol. That would leave us plenty of pieces to add another star to the mix and maybe Gasol would make a guy like D-Will more likely to sign an extension.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lowry is the only reason the Lakers would make a major trade with the Rockets. They don't care much about anybody else on the roster.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

1. Trade Lowry for Gasol
    2. Sign Steve Francis for the vet's minimum to run PG
    3. Profit!

1 person likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

eff the Lakers. i don't want Pau and I'm not remotely interested in helping them solve their PG issue.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

They just need a PG upgrade in general. Dragic is a lot better than any point guard on their roster and I'm sure they realize it. My Dragic + Scola proposal is too lowball for them though I'm sure.

7. heartofachamp34

Flynn over Lin just keeps looking worse and worse....

1 person likes this.
  8. cod

cod Member

It reads like Morey has a longing for Pau, but only offering Martin and Scola. While Kupchak likes Lowry the best from the Rockets roster but isn't the one initiating the deal so will look elsewhere if he's not available.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

It wouldn't matter, dude. Lin would not be getting any PT behind Lowry/Dragic and nobody would know he was any good.

10. pge71188

pge71188 Member

flynn, martin and Scola for Pau :)

11. rocketsmetalspd

Never deal with the Lakers to help them out is not in the best interest of the team. The Rockets are finally getting on roll and Gasol does not want to come here anyways. Get Kaman for Thabeet, TWill, and Flynn that would be nice.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree with this ... I'd rather take a look at Utah and their bigs or the Sixers and Iggy to improve our team. I don't think Pau is worth it anyway ...

13. conquistador#11

now that deal I will do, and i support martin.
    Then pau with his swag can attract dwigh howard and other superstars. I'm joking on the second line. But this deal is fair for both teams.

14. 45souf

45souf Member

No way i would help the fakers out..unless they part with bynum...other than that, whats the point? so another west team can take us out? not today

15. joesr

joesr Member

You need much more to equal salaries
    much more which is why Martin is used, Scola and Martin gets you close but not there.

they would need to clear up the roster to accept the amount of players needed to equal salary matches

16. heartofachamp34

You're missing the point. Having Lin still on the roster would either soften the blow of giving up Lowry/Dragic to get Gasol, or be an enticing chip in the trade itself instead of giving away 1 of the other 2 (far more enticing than Flynn). Logic my friend.

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I mentioned Lowry, Scola & Thabeet for Gasol and Steve Blake as a possible trade a while back. Dragic has really strong career numbers when he starts (12.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 7.4apg, 2.1TOV, 46% FG, 36% 3PT).

I'm not sure I'd actually do that, but it's something I'd give thought to. We'd need to get a 1st rounder back for me to seriously consider it, I think.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My friend, if Lin were on the roster, nobody would give a **** about Lin or think he was good becuase he wouldn't have been playing for the Knicks the last two weeks, insofar as it would have been physically impossible. Pauli Exclusion Principle, my friend.

1 person likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

It works with just Scola, Dragic, and Thabeet. I'm sure they could make room, they have a surprising amount of crap players on their roster.

20. cod

cod Member

When Kupchak has hinted at trading for an All Star PG I don't think he's settling for Dragic, Flynn, or any other backup PG in the league.