ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Roy Hibbert's statement about the Houston Rockets (UPDATE: Rockets deny this)
Tags:  basketball, houston, houston rockets, nba, nba development league Tags
llRainmanll is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
llRainmanll
llRainmanll is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32791
Houston is an easy target. If someone wants to get a point across, just throw Houstonís name in there. You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you donít like it, you say, ĎBlame it on Houston.í If you go to the grocery story and they donít have the milk that you like, you just say, ĎItís Houstonís fault.Ē

Sponsored Link
TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #42
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
Why would he when we had two hall of fame centers on our roster?.....

You wanted the organization to lie to him so that he could ride the pine behind them until Deke retired 2 seasons later? He probably could have figured it out on his own.

I don't even know what the point of talking about this is.....
The Rox have always approached the draft as BPA. So it would not have surprised me. Remember drafting Brooks when we had other PGs on the roster?

But you're right no point in going back to 2008. At the end of the day he's Pacer.

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #43
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by llRainmanll View Post
Houston is an easy target. If someone wants to get a point across, just throw Houstonís name in there. You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you donít like it, you say, ĎBlame it on Houston.í If you go to the grocery story and they donít have the milk that you like, you just say, ĎItís Houstonís fault.Ē
Funny.....

Zboy is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #44
Zboy
Contributing Member
Zboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZboy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6676
Its a good thing we didnt get Hibbert or else Morey would have overlooked Thabeet and he might not have been a Rocket today.

RiceRockets is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #45
RiceRockets
RiceRockets is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47451
Doubt Morey would have said 2 years... more likely they said "spend some time" and he is blowing it out of proportion 4 years after the fact (now that it doesn't mean anything).

arjun is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #46
arjun
arjun is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finearjun is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finearjun is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
the guy averaged 7 pts and 3.5 reb his rookie year...those arent stellar enough to not deserve to perhaps go down to the dleague

jopatmc is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #47
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Originally Posted by knote32 View Post
Yeah. With that reasoning, I don't want Blake Griffin or Kevin Garnett either...

You think Hibbert is in the same class as Griffin and Garnett??

(I know you don't.)

My point is a healthy Chuck Hayes is better than Hibbert and will be making half the money Hibbert will be making over the next 4 years. Hibbert is a paper thin player. He folds up into nothing when the pressure is on. He will have to prove to me he is even in Hayes' class.

Understandomendo Kemosabe?

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

xAliceInChains is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #48
xAliceInChains
xAliceInChains is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48407
He was not good his rookie year.

Clutch is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #49
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Just informed: Rockets absolutely deny the claim by Roy Hibbert that they told him they would have sent him to the D-League had they drafted him. I was told very clearly: That did not happen at all.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

apollo33 is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #50
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Joke's on Raptors

They traded Hibbert and TJ Ford for the corpse of Jermaine O'neal lololololololol

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

jopatmc is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #51
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Just informed: Rockets absolutely deny the claim by Roy Hibbert that they told him they would have sent him to the D-League had they drafted him. I was told very clearly: That did not happen at all.
I didn't figure it did. Probably more along the lines of:

Rox: "We use the D-league for development as needed."

Hibbert: "Well, how long would you send me to Dleague?"

Rox: "Well, as long as needed. You may not ever need to go there at all if you come to camp and win rotation minutes. However, if you don't, and don't be surprised if you don't, because we have a lot of veterans here that are ahead of you that you have to outplay, then it is better to go to the Dleague and play. The NBA rules state players can be sent down there for up to their first two years. But we would hope you develop more than to have to stay down there more than one season."

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

daywalker02 is offline Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #52
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
We should sue him for slander

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic
Well you shouldn't. Morris is an NBA player and will probably be a better NBA player for his career than Jones will. Derrick Williams is better than Morris. He was at Arizona. He is now.
D-Ho over HO Chen

DrNuegebauer is offline Old 02-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #53
DrNuegebauer
DrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun View Post
the guy averaged 7 pts and 3.5 reb his rookie year...those arent stellar enough to not deserve to perhaps go down to the dleague
Exactly.

Hibbert said he used those words as motivation --> wow, if his motivation lead to 7 points and 3.5 boards then look out...

I know he's improved his game to Emeka Okafur's career average standard this year - but that isn't saying too much is it?

basketballholic says:
TJones is starting because we don't have anybody else. TJones is giving us nothing more (and probably not as much) as Tyler Hansbrough or Reggie Nut-grabber or some other garbage man pf would give us.
L
O
L

daywalker02 is offline Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #54
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
Exactly.

Hibbert said he used those words as motivation --> wow, if his motivation lead to 7 points and 3.5 boards then look out...

I know he's improved his game to Emeka Okafur's career average standard this year - but that isn't saying too much is it?
His rebounding is very good.....but 13.6 ppg.... is nothing to rave about..... Point guards are scoring more than him.

Quote:
Well you shouldn't. Morris is an NBA player and will probably be a better NBA player for his career than Jones will. Derrick Williams is better than Morris. He was at Arizona. He is now.
D-Ho over HO Chen

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 02-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #55
TEXNIFICENT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Good.

RoxBeliever is online now Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #56
RoxBeliever
RoxBeliever is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRoxBeliever is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43769
Instead he played how many years for a crappy IND team. They only started to take off with a change of coach.

Big deal ... What's the problem with playing in the DLeague? We send everyone down there.

heypartner is offline Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #57
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
It's not just a matter of being honest; it is a smart interview question. You know he won't play ahead of Yao or Mutombo, so if he answers the question incorrectly, then he is not right for the job. You don't want to draft someone who will become disgruntled with his job.

it's a perfectly fine interview question.

jeeze...not everything is Morey treating players as assets.

meh is offline Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #58
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXNIFICENT View Post
The Rox have always approached the draft as BPA. So it would not have surprised me. Remember drafting Brooks when we had other PGs on the roster?

But you're right no point in going back to 2008. At the end of the day he's Pacer.
Mike James, Rafer Alson, and Bobby Jackson
vs
Yao Ming, Dekembe Mutumbo

I'm going to go out on a limb and not say those are comparable.

DrNuegebauer is offline Old 02-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #59
DrNuegebauer
DrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDrNuegebauer is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
His rebounding is very good.....but 13.6 ppg.... is nothing to rave about..... Point guards are scoring more than him.
I think the whole thing was my point??

He's using our comments as "motivation" - uh - motivation to do what?

I guess he's an all-star, so good luck to him. But it's not like he's an unstoppable force or anything!

basketballholic says:
TJones is starting because we don't have anybody else. TJones is giving us nothing more (and probably not as much) as Tyler Hansbrough or Reggie Nut-grabber or some other garbage man pf would give us.
L
O
L

daywalker02 is offline Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #60
daywalker02
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
I think the whole thing was my point??

He's using our comments as "motivation" - uh - motivation to do what?

I guess he's an all-star, so good luck to him. But it's not like he's an unstoppable force or anything!
Your point is my point.
There is no point... League has seen and experienced a low of quality big men....
Now borderline allstars are getting in at ease

Quote:
D-Ho over HO Chen