ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] Officiating in Rockets-Spurs Game
Tags:  basketball, courtney lee, houston rockets, nba, san antonio spurs, tony parker, video, youtube Tags
rocketsmetalspd is offline Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #121
rocketsmetalspd
rocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5424
I just didn't like the 31 to 13 FTs difference. Duncan at one point before the half got to the line it seemed 5 straight times.

Sponsored Link
cbs1507 is offline Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #122
cbs1507
cbs1507 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29691
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
I thought the officiating wasn't out of the ordinary; they aren't the reason we lost. There were questionable calls favoring both sides.

The Rockets played a pretty good game. There were some defensive mistakes made in the 4th quarter, and the Rockets need to be better at moving the ball to get good looks when the other team plays pressure D. Still, a good effort overall. Ultimately, the Spurs won mostly because they have Parker&Duncan and we don't.
I wouldn't call getting outscored 60-39 in the 2nd half and squandering a 19 point lead a "pretty good game". But hey whatever floats your boat.

durvasa is offline Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #123
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
I wouldn't call getting outscored 60-39 in the 2nd half and squandering a 19 point lead a "pretty good game". But hey whatever floats your boat.
Teams make runs, and San Antonio is really good on their home court. The Rockets played one of their best games of the season against SAS. A far, far better effort than what they did the previous game, and better than many of their wins against the bottom feeders as well.

krouchchocolate is offline Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #124
krouchchocolate
krouchchocolate is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47320
Les should be like Mark Cuban and speak up!
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/02/03/c...ned/index.html

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #125
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNotInMyHouse is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Quote:
Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
Les should be like Mark Cuban and speak up!
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/02/03/c...ned/index.html
Nothing will ever change until numerous coaches/GMs/ owners speak out as one. When someone like Cuban or Van Gundy complain it's easy for the NBA office to pick 'me off one at a time with a fine. Btw, I saw a graphic on ESPN saying Cuban has amassed something like $1.89M in fines. Nine of them were from complaining about officiating.

Also, don't forget the episode during the playoffs against the Mavs where Cuban whined about the officiating of Yao. I don't recall if Cuban was fined, but I think the officiating of Yao changed after that, so if he was fined it was probably money well worth spending.

Rocketman95 is offline Old 02-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #126
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotInMyHouse View Post
Nothing will ever change until numerous coaches/GMs/ owners speak out as one. When someone like Cuban or Van Gundy complain it's easy for the NBA office to pick 'me off one at a time with a fine. Btw, I saw a graphic on ESPN saying Cuban has amassed something like $1.89M in fines. Nine of them were from complaining about officiating.

Also, don't forget the episode during the playoffs against the Mavs where Cuban whined about the officiating of Yao. I don't recall if Cuban was fined, but I think the officiating of Yao changed after that, so if he was fined it was probably money well worth spending.
For those who like to say complaining about the officials doesn't mean anything.