ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

View Poll Results: Would you trade Kyle Lowry (+ more) for Deron Williams?
YES 847 49.13%
NO 877 50.87%
Voters: 1724. You may not vote on this poll

[ClutchFans] Keep an eye on Deron Williams, because the Rockets sure will
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, daryl morey, deron williams, espn, houston, houston rockets, jersey, magic, nba, nets Tags
Clutch is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/2279/d...uston-rockets/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
ElPigto is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
I love Lowry and I want him to be our point guard. I know this opinion will probably be in the minority.

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

LCII is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
If we can attract Howard by giving up Lowry and other assets for Deron, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The one concern: Would we end up like the NYK? With absolutely zero depth and overfatigued superstars...doesn't sound like a good recipe for success especially after the Tmac and Yao 'era'.

robbie380 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
robbie380
Contributing Member
robbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6630
Keep Lowry.

We don't need to improve a position that is already a strength.

Captain Hook is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Captain Hook
Captain Hook is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47312
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCII View Post
If we can attract Howard by giving up Lowry and other assets for Deron, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I was voting no....until i read this

LCAhmed is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
Deron Williams is a proven Superstar, Of course I would trade Lowry + more for D Will. D Will is one of those guys you can build a championship team around.

RocketsRed14 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
RocketsRed14
RocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsRed14 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48055
ONLY if getting williams will bring in Howard. Otherwise, we're giving away other players in order to strengthen and already strong pg position.

Pf - Blake Griffin
C - Tyson Chandler/Pero Antic

JayZ750 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
JayZ750
Contributing Member
JayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2000
Member: #1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto View Post
I love Lowry and I want him to be our point guard. I know this opinion will probably be in the minority.
I'm not sure I'd even consider comparing the two. I mean, of course you don't just want to give a player away for nothing. But under the assumption, regardless of salary differences, they are at least comparable point guards right now, the real issue is Dwight Howard.

I've heard varying reports about the economic impact to Dwight Howard if he walks this summer. Clutch, or Bima, or anyone else, with the new CBA and sign and trade rules, etc., how much money would Dwight lose if he just walks from Orlando and signs with another team??

Despite the consistent threats, we have still yet to see any player walk from any meaningful amount of money just to get to a different/better team. Will Dwight be the first?

It's hard to imagine the Rockets have the assets to trade for both Dwight and Williams.

LabMouse is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
LabMouse
LabMouse is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32442
I have to say "Yes" even although I like Lowry more as a person.

CDrex is online now Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
CDrex
Contributing Member
CDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCDrex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39038
I'm on the fence. Probably yes if it's specifically Lowry + Scola + remove lottery protection on pick we owe them. Not sure I'd be on board if it was any more. I love Lowry and want to see him stay a Rocket for a long time but Deron Williams is an elite player and the Dwight factor is intruiging.

Rocketman95 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsRed14 View Post
ONLY if getting williams will bring in Howard. Otherwise, we're giving away other players in order to strengthen and already strong pg position.
This exactly. If we make this trade and don't get Howard, guess what? We're the Nets. Of course, that's what the majority of fans are clamoring for, so what do I know.

Matthieu is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Matthieu
Matthieu is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48836
I love Lowry, and despite his torrid season start and the slump Deron Williams is enduring, yes i will, superstars attract superstars, and it could be our only option to land Howard. we would sell lowry high and buying Williams low, it's the perfect timing ... it's a risky move ok, because we could end up with nothing if Williams doesnt re sign, but as much as i love our guys, we're not going to contend with this team, so ...

King901 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
King901
King901 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33690
I would only do this deal an hour before the deadline.

javal_lon is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
javal_lon
javal_lon is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejaval_lon is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejaval_lon is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47065
If we get a true center or PF , then I would say yes to D-Will... He would take a good team to the next level.... But with these current pieces, I'd stick with Lowry....

durvasa is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So it boils down to this question if you’re the Rockets: Do you pursue a max-contract star in Deron Williams in an attempt to become a top NBA locale once again, but doing it at the cost of your highly underrated and underpaid point guard in Kyle Lowry?

JoeBarelyCares is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
JoeBarelyCares
Contributing Member
JoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2113
Since Deron will cost you $16.3 million, and Dwight will cost you $19 million, on a salary cap of $58 million, that leaves you less than $23 million for 10 other players. That means besides moving Lowry, one of either KMart or Scola will have to be moved, too.

TEXNIFICENT is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
TEXNIFICENT
TEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTEXNIFICENT is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32178
Yet another letdown waiting to happen. So tired of the "almost trades" and then back to reality with "assets" and promises of a better future. Sooner or later Morey has to deliver. Wake me when he does.

Asian Sensation is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
Classic buy low/sell high scenario. I love Lowry just like 99% of this board but Deron Williams is a top 3 PG in the game. Don't let his performance in NJ fool you.

This is a guy that tooled us 2 years in a row in the playoffs and was regarded as the best PG in the league with CP3 before the rise of Derrick Rose. I'm partial to Deron Williams as the best PG in the league still.

For all the complaining we do about the lack of having a superstar and ability to attract other superstar's.... this is a move that MUST be made if it's on the table.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

wonderboy2313 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
wonderboy2313
wonderboy2313 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43097

does lowry really have to be traded for the nets to accept a trade for d-will? what do you guys think about this trade?

PG: Lowry
SG: D-Will
SF: Parsons
PF: Scola
C: Sammy D

wonderboy2313 is offline Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
wonderboy2313
wonderboy2313 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43097
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/dwill.png/