ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Rockets will wear blue uniforms as throwbacks next season (UPDATED 1/25)
Tags:  2012, basketball, blog, fashion, houston rockets, nba Tags
onreego is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
onreego
onreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodonreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #30073
UPDATE: 1/25/2012 2:48pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Just a heads up ...

I was told today the Rockets will not be wearing their blue pinstriped uniforms (1995-96 to 2002-03) as throwbacks next season. Maybe it was being kicked around as an idea (don't know), but it's not happening.

Return of the flying what?

Quote:
Next season, like ghosts of fashion failures past, some of the worst uniforms ever worn, will make their return.

The Rockets’ pajamas get ups – and they have been called much worse – will serve as throw-back uniforms, which come to think of it, looks like a misspelling of throw up uniforms.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...rse-noooooooo/

Does that mean we're getting the number 1 draft pick again? Yay.

Sponsored Link
faraza84 is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
faraza84
faraza84 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28736
I still have my Hakeem one but it's def not gonna fit.

_RTM_ is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
_RTM_
_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44396
WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't deserve to get paid for this. He is a liability and the worst coach in franchise history. And the word "coaching" is a compliment for what he is doing in Houston

_RTM_ is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
_RTM_
_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards_RTM_ is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44396
Season of misery

He doesn't deserve to get paid for this. He is a liability and the worst coach in franchise history. And the word "coaching" is a compliment for what he is doing in Houston

redhotrox is online now Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021
Am I the only one excited about this? I think it will be funny to see them in those horrid things.

onreego is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
onreego
onreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodonreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #30073
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraza84 View Post
I still have my Hakeem one but it's def not gonna fit.
I have a Drexler jersey that was made by Champion without the lin...exhaust fumes. How much do those run for on ebay??

Raven is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Now I know why Yao retired. He must have known about this.

JuanValdez is online now Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
I'd prefer they did it during this abortion of a season instead of besmirching the hope of next season.

arjun is online now Old 01-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
dude, thats pretty freaking awesome. i cant wait

Pieman2005 is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
I like throwbacks. Period. I'm tired of being a franchise that got away from it's original roots. The orbital R logo needs to go.

Germany - 7
Brazil - 1

My autographed Trevor Ariza jersey isn't useless anymore!

Ricksmith is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
I feel bad for Kyle Lowry. As if "rebuilding" isn't bad enough, they're gonna put a flying shark dildo on his chest.

Asian Sensation is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
I thought today was Friday the 13th. Not 4/1.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

Ricksmith is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Holy crap!

Quote:
The Rockets will break out their McDonald’s uniforms, those ketchup and mustard get ups they wear for reasons I can’t explain, for the first time tonight.
I didn't know they were wearing the ketchup and mustard's tonight.

knote32 is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
I'm the only one that loves these uniforms...

Know Your Role is offline Old 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #15
Know Your Role
Know Your Role is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #48973
The white home jerseys were ok IMO, it was the dark blue away ones that made me sick. The tv intro was cool for those teams though. The Rocket would chase the other team's spaceship until it crashed at the last second. I'll find it on youtube.

Know Your Role is offline Old 01-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
Know Your Role
Know Your Role is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #48973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Your Role View Post
The white home jerseys were ok IMO, it was the dark blue away ones that made me sick. The tv intro was cool for those teams though. The Rocket would chase the other team's spaceship until it crashed at the last second. I'll find it on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWtXOywGtr0

BigMaloe is online now Old 01-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
Quote:
I didn't know they were wearing the ketchup and mustard's tonight.
i love the mcdonalds jerseys.................... Maybe it will convince hayes to request a trade back to us...

Asian Sensation is offline Old 01-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
Stevie made the jerseys look as good as possible.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

Ricksmith is offline Old 01-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Your Role View Post

Rockets34Legend is offline Old 01-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
Rockets34Legend
Contributing Member
Rockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4644
Damn, ****ing Rockets marketing. Why haven't they fired the whole staff there yet? The **** they display at Toyota Center is embarrassing.