ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Samsung Galaxy S III
Tags:  2011, 2012, android, september, spain, tech, technology, video Tags
ItsMyFault is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #81
ItsMyFault
Contributing Member
ItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36216
Seems like a smaller Galaxy Note without the stylus and has a quad-core Exynos processor which is nice. I don't really like the design all that much.

Sponsored Link
Amel is online now Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #82
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
not impressed

seems like the One X is now the top phone out there for at least this year

I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Willís rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.

Scionxa is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #83
Scionxa
Contributing Member
Scionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47743
Meh. I'm not excited anymore
4.8 is way too big for me, and I quickly realized that a 2100mah battery still isn't enough. (At least for LTE users, it might be for GSM users)

Ziggy is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #84
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
I don't really like the design all that much.
The designs can change significantly amongst carriers. Just compare ATT's white GS2 to Sprint's white GS2. Sprint's is sexy, ATT's is meh. With the GS1 carriers had even more variation. Hell, the GS2 released with different screen sizes in the US.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

Scionxa is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #85
Scionxa
Contributing Member
Scionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScionxa is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
The designs can change significantly amongst carriers. Just compare ATT's white GS2 to Sprint's white GS2. Sprint's is sexy, ATT's is meh. With the GS1 carriers had even more variation. Hell, the GS2 released with different screen sizes in the US.
True.
Sprint even had an original Galaxy S with a keyboard (Epic 4G)

ItsMyFault is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #86
ItsMyFault
Contributing Member
ItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemItsMyFault is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Member: #36216
Quote:
Yeah that's true. This particular design though, I wouldn't be a fan of buying.

Ziggy is offline Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #87
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
They say 4G will be here this summer - http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/s...ion-hitting-n/ - but what is 4G? That means LTE right? No way this doesn't have LTE?

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

OmegaSupreme is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #88
OmegaSupreme
Contributing Member
OmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11426
Quote:
They say 4G will be here this summer - http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/s...ion-hitting-n/ - but what is 4G? That means LTE right? No way this doesn't have LTE?
in addition to those questions... will the lte variants still have the exynos quad core that they supposedly don't play nice with?

Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 05-03-2012 at 02:08 PM.

jEXCLUSIVE is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #89
jEXCLUSIVE
jEXCLUSIVE is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #36189
"Samsung Galaxy S III HSPA+ arriving in May"

Does this include T-Mo here in the US?

Zion is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #90
Zion
Zion is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13397
Design wise, it's horrible!!!

SGS2 and GNEX look much nicer. After all the hype what a disappointment.

Scionxa is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #91
Scionxa
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
in addition to those questions... will the lte variants still have the exynos quad core that they supposedly don't play nice with?
watch them put Snapdragon S4's (dual core) and piss everyone off lol

BiGGieStuFF is offline Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #92
BiGGieStuFF
Contributing Member
BiGGieStuFF is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2002
Member: #4147
The phone isn't that much bigger than the gnex at all. Just a hair longer and tad wider but noticeably thinner. I'd imagine it'd feel very similar to the gnex in hand but geez they really took advantage of the real estate. that 4.8 looks so much bigger than the gnex's 4.65 especially since they don't use software keys.

Samsung has packed in some neat features but most of them I won't use. I wonder if there will be a way to add some of those features into vanilla ICS. I like that it still has the microSD. I was hoping for a mini-hdmi so I wouldn't have to use a MHL adapter which requires a power source.

And I agree that more than likely the phone will come with a different processor if it came over to the states. I was really disappointed there were no announcements of any tablets.

I was hoping for an 8" ICS power tablet of some sort. Overall just not enough to switch away from my gnex since my guess is some of those features will be easily had once devs get their hands on it.

Mildly impressed. I'd probably get it over the HTC ONE X just for the screen size alone but definitely would probably opt for a AT&T LTE version. At least with that I could turn off LTE and still get great battery life and HSPA+ speeds

Rokkit is offline Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #93
Rokkit
Contributing Member
Rokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #120
That's really underwhelming. Particularly in the design. The One X looks so much better IMO.

EddieWasSnubbed is offline Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #94
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGGieStuFF View Post

Mildly impressed. I'd probably get it over the HTC ONE X just for the screen size alone but definitely would probably opt for a AT&T LTE version.
For .1"?

I'm sticking with the Evo One X (aka Evo 4g LTE).

moose is offline Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #95
moose
moose is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodmoose is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33961
Since I am with t-mobile, I will probably settle with this.

JeopardE is offline Old 05-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #96
JeopardE
Contributing Member
JeopardE is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeopardE is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeopardE is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeopardE is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeopardE is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeopardE is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18598
I like the design, and I think it will be a huge hit. The complaints about Samsung's use of plastic are overrated in my opinion and most people will love that it is so light and sturdy just like the Galaxy S2. Once again the outstanding performance of the new Exynos CPU will set this phone apart like it did for the GSII, and the new software features will be a big draw, especially the photo sharing/tagging stuff, S Voice and eye tracking. And contrary to what you think, the 4.8" GSIII is actually about the same size as the HTC One X - about 0.05 inches longer, same width and weight. They simply minimized the bezel around the screen to make it bigger.

I don't like Apple myself, but people were crapping all over Apple like this when the iPhone 4S was released ("bah! token spec upgrade! y no new groundbreaking design? iOS5 and Siri are gimmicks!") and it went on to shatter sales records. You don't climb to the top of the mobile phone food chain by catering to tech geek expectations. You do it by making stuff everyone else wants to use, and I think Sammy has done well for themselves here to put a lot of pressure on Apple as their chief smartphone competitor.

Last edited by JeopardE; 05-04-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Burko is offline Old 05-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #97
Burko
Burko is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47952
One word to describe this.... Incremental.

Air Langhi is offline Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #98
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeopardE View Post
I like the design, and I think it will be a huge hit. The complaints about Samsung's use of plastic are overrated in my opinion and most people will love that it is so light and sturdy just like the Galaxy S2. Once again the outstanding performance of the new Exynos CPU will set this phone apart like it did for the GSII, and the new software features will be a big draw, especially the photo sharing/tagging stuff, S Voice and eye tracking. And contrary to what you think, the 4.8" GSIII is actually about the same size as the HTC One X - about 0.05 inches longer, same width and weight. They simply minimized the bezel around the screen to make it bigger.

I don't like Apple myself, but people were crapping all over Apple like this when the iPhone 4S was released ("bah! token spec upgrade! y no new groundbreaking design? iOS5 and Siri are gimmicks!") and it went on to shatter sales records. You don't climb to the top of the mobile phone food chain by catering to tech geek expectations. You do it by making stuff everyone else wants to use, and I think Sammy has done well for themselves here to put a lot of pressure on Apple as their chief smartphone competitor.
The quad a9 are not going to be as good as two kraits. Samsung should have really put out dual a15.

KingCheetah is offline Old 05-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #99
KingCheetah
Contributing Member
KingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4419
That S3 has a ton of power, but I think the S2 has plenty of power to hold me over until the S4 comes out. The rumor on the S4 is dual 3.2 Mhz quad cores, a 5.9 inch 3D holographic screen, and 6 gigs of RAM. It will also have a 1080P projector for playing movies against a screen or white wall.

EddieWasSnubbed is offline Old 05-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #100
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheetah View Post
That S3 has a ton of power, but I think the S2 has plenty of power to hold me over until the S4 comes out. The rumor on the S4 is dual 3.2 Mhz quad cores, a 5.9 inch 3D holographic screen, and 6 gigs of RAM. It will also have a 1080P projector for playing movies against a screen or white wall.
You left out what I think will be one of the more important features:

It will fold up four times so that it fits into your pocket neater than a pack of gum.

Sucks it will only have a 1,000 mah battery that is nonremovable, though.