1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S III

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by underoverup, Dec 28, 2011.

1. underoverup

underoverup Member

Quad core... :eek:

Samsung Galaxy S III Will Make Debut at MWC 2012

Read more: http://technorati.com/technology/android/article/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-will-make/#ixzz1hsPXuw54

As we begin to put an end to 2011, and look on to 2012, we can't help but feel that the spanking new Android smartphone we picked up recently will seem old, slow and outdated very soon. Hark! Your feelings of inadequacy towards your shiny smartphone are...adequate.

ETNews reports that Samsung cometh with a new Galaxy S device which will reportedly make it's debut at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012 in Barcelona, Spain Feb. 27th - March 1st 2012. Hot off the heels of the Galaxy Nexus release in December, as well as a massive amount of new Android activations this month, brings a new breed of smartphone with quad-core organs.

As leaked out online back in September 2011, the new Galaxy S III from Samsung will put the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S II to shame with it's 2.0GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 10 megapixel camera with full 1080p video capabilities and 32GB of internal storage. BAM! It'll most likely and almost certainly launch with Android 4.0 ICS installed as well. The Galaxy S II is still the reigning fastest selling Samsung smartphone to date when it launched in 2011 and sold over 3 million in under 55 days.

I don't know about you, but suddenly my Galaxy S II has lost a little luster. The pains of being in the Android Army.

Read more: http://technorati.com/technology/android/article/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-will-make/#ixzz1hsPH7cPL

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

5 minute battery life

2 people like this.
  3. underoverup

underoverup Member

i hate those auto links they stick in your post when you c/p.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sound epic. I'm up for an upgrade next year.

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I still have the first Galaxy with a full upgrade ready...I'll be waiting...

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's crazy, but I'm still going with the Nexus.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

haha. have we heard of one new battery technology?

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This will be a beast of a phone. However, those specs are likely to change. Samsung is having issues right now with their own compiled builds of ICS with touchwiz , and battery life is bad right now from what I'm hearing . Level one prototype units are sitting around in chandler Arizona , and Dallas :).

Expect this to hit Europe first, again. :rolleyes:

Stay Nexus my friends..

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hope my S2 will be good for at least a couple years -- seems like it has plenty of power to pull it off. Phones are getting up to laptop level power -- that's insane.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That's awesome. I'm having a hard time believing those specs, but that would be awesome if it came out with specs like that.

11. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I don't have a VZW upgrade until end of 2012, so I'll just wait for the fourth-gen Nexus! :)

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Crap, i just got the S2 a month ago...but at $50 i couldnt pass it up...and I imagine the S3 will start off easily at $200 + and will stay there for a while.

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

No worries..the S3 probably won't hit the states until 2013 anyway :p

14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

The Galaxy Nexus will probably be the first, and last Nexus on Verizon :(

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This was expected when the GS2 took 7 months to hit stateside.

That's like a full smart phone generation right there...

I just bought a freaking phone. By the time I upgrade, it'll be a PC, Xbox, and microwave oven rolled up in one.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And 98% of the public will still just be checking Facebook, the weather, playing Angry Birds, and calling mom on it... but it will have 256 cores, 128 gigs of RAM, and a 42" screen, because you need it, dammit!

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

exactly. don't forget the 64 megapixel camera. the stuff about sensor, lens quality, noise is just fools talk.

MOOOOOOOOOORE MEGAPIXELS!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think I could hoist that sucker on my back and let it stream cancer inducing advertisements to pay it off.

But at least I can run the latest Android flavor, Delicious Crack, on it, and future proof myself for another 4 months.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

$50 it will not have atleast 2 out of those 5 things...

20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

why's that?