1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes health issue

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tony Stark, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Member

I hope everything is okay with the wagon but Sam_amnick Is reporting a health condition the chuck wagon recently found out about

"Troubling news for Kings F Chuck Hayes: team announces " stress echo test...revealed an abnormality which will require further testing"

"To clarify, Hayes - who recently signed 4 yrs, $21 million deal - has heart condition that needs to be checked more."

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, I hope it's nothing. Chuck doesn't deserve anything like that.

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Member

Yeah definitely hope everything turns out alright........the wagon has the heart of a champion

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

FU Morey! U break Chuck's heart!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good for Chuck that this came out after he signed the multi-year contract.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I remember taking a physical before football season my freshman year of high school. The nurse pulled out the little stethoscope and proceeded to listen to my heart. After a few listens, she stopped and went to ask the other doctor to come over and listen. He listened a few times, and then basically told me I'm gonna need to run a few tests to be cleared to play.

I ran the tests and everything turned out to be fine, but it was not a fun experience, and the not knowing what's going on was pretty nerve-wracking.

I hope everything turns out to be fine for Chuck. Would hate for something bad to happen to him now.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's awful.

I hope everything is fine and he has a great season!

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

does chuck's body realize he does not play in houston anymore and can therefore be healthy?

so cuttino, collier, and now maybe hayes.

11. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Just glad they caught it. Almost glad he went to Sacramento now; new team docs might have looked at it different than the Houston guys, hope this isn't a Cat Mobley kind of thing.

All the best to the Chuckwagon.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Houston is the one team that was plagued by injury.

13. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I don't know if anyone cares, but I'm just speculating what could be wrong.

If they've done a "stress echo" already, that's a pretty serious test of heart functioning and pretty much diagnostic. The test usually diagnosis abnormal flow. He likely either has a mitral regurgitation (a leaky valve that causes back-flow from his left ventricle back into his left atrium) or aortic insufficiency (leaky valve that causes back-flow from his aorta back into his left ventricle) or a congenital defect.

In pretty common first two cases, he'll have excess blood volume ending up in the left ventricle, which causes the heart to remodel and work really hard to provide enough actual blood to the body as some of what is pumped is going backward. Eventually, someone like this can reach a point that their heart can't deal with the extra blood anymore, and he'll have a major problem.

This can be fixed, however, with a valve replacement, but he'll have to be put on anti-platelet/anti-coagulant therapy, which means his playing days could be over.

14. RocketGZ

RocketGZ Member

They still can't question the man's heart, too much hustle in there for it to go down. Good thing I can retain him in NBA 2k12:cool:

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

At this point whatever it is it sounds like he has it. Like you said the echo is definitive. HOCM is the one everyone fears, the one Cuttino had. I'm amazed that these world class athletes make it to this level of play without it being diagnosed, or without having symptoms.

Chuck I always knew you had more heart than the average person!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrophic_cardiomyopathy

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

would it be inappropriate to post "the pic"?

17. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Praise God in advance for his healing in the Name of Jesus!

Amen!

1 person likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're not serious are you!? Houston would have caught this same anomaly; some would have blamed it on the Houston trainers/coach/curse.

Hope Chuck is ok and this voids his contract so he can come back to the waiting arms of the Houston Rockets.

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways, thoughts and prayers go out to the Hayes family.

Here's to the Chuckwagon having a healthy career in the NBA making the likes of Amare and Blake Griffin his b**** and a healthy life outside of the NBA as well.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

No biggie.

Chuck will overcome it.