ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Other Sports

Ryan Braun Tests Positive for PED
Tags:  brewers, espn, milwaukee, milwaukee brewers Tags
TheGreat is offline Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #21
TheGreat
TheGreat is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTheGreat is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31451
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseBlade View Post
He may well be guilty, but I just want to hear his side of the story before I write the guy off. I think it's only fair.
They said his levels were the highest of all time and doubled the most amount...

I mean, even if he didn't mean to take them (every athlete says that), his career is tainted because of ESPN trying to be the first source to report it..

So sad..

Sponsored Link
dharocks is online now Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
dharocks
Contributing Member
dharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12819
So... Consider the source, but:

http://www.terezowens.com/more-on-ry...pes-situation/

Quote:
I have more inside information on the Ryan Braun ‘herpes rumor’ situation. I heard this yesterday from two guys who both work for the Brewers. According to them, “Braun will be let off because he tested positive for Herpes and the medication given to him by his doctor (legal to fight this) is what caused the spike. Braun and his lawyers plan to go after whoever leaked the story because of HIPAA laws. That is why Braun has not made a statement and that is also why in Mark’s statement he referenced it being a “personal issue”.

So we’ll see what happens, but from the sounds of it, the Brewers brass is pretty confident he will be let off. Still extremely embarrassing for him, but better than roids and more importantly better for the team. I guess one thing we did learn about Braun through this whole ordeal is he is not exactly intelligent.” This is a lose lose situation for Braun…Kinda crazy for an MVP to be dealing with such an uncomfortable dilemma.
Well, if true, this is awkward.

TheChosenOne is offline Old 12-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
TheChosenOne
Contributing Member
TheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharocks View Post

awkward around the water cooler for sure.

Dave_78 is offline Old 12-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
Dave_78
Dave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDave_78 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20252
The test/epitest ratio test is old and if I remember correctly, easily beatable.

Ender120 is offline Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #25
Ender120
Contributing Member
Ender120 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsEnder120 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsEnder120 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsEnder120 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13748
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharocks View Post

Eh, not that awkward these days, when one in four or five Americans has herpes.

A little more awkward because he's well-known, sure, but I know Jeter has herpes because Jessica Alba caught it from him. Price of celebrity.

Now to go laugh at the fact that while Braun has a temporary MVP trophy, I don't have warts on my dick.

aghast is offline Old 01-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
aghast
aghast is James Harden -- racking up the pointsaghast is James Harden -- racking up the pointsaghast is James Harden -- racking up the pointsaghast is James Harden -- racking up the pointsaghast is James Harden -- racking up the pointsaghast is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
awkward around the water cooler individually shrink-wrapped, personal water bottles for sure.
Fixed.

juicystream is offline Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #27
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
He won his appeal:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/76...ame-suspension

noscrusir is offline Old 02-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
noscrusir
noscrusir is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2002
Member: #3978
Good for him since he doesn't have to sit out 50 games. Downside though is now everyone knows he has herpes

TheGreat is offline Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #29
TheGreat
TheGreat is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTheGreat is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31451
Quote:
Originally Posted by noscrusir View Post
Good for him since he doesn't have to sit out 50 games. Downside though is now everyone knows he has herpes
What!?

juicystream is offline Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #30
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat View Post
What!?
Read this page, it was a rumor as to why he failed the test. According to ESPN, he got off by attacking the exchange of the samples along the way, not the actual positive result. Basically saying it could have been compromised along the way.

Big Shot Bob is offline Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #31
Big Shot Bob
Big Shot Bob is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24028
What I don't understand about this is they found out he had like 4 times the amount of testosterone in his test. Why would they just assume the test was correct? That seems like a major red flag that something wasn't right with that sample. When you have an outlier like that in a laboratory, you do more trials. You don't just jump to a conclusion.

Big Shot Bob is offline Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #32
Big Shot Bob
Big Shot Bob is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24028
Edit that. He had twice the amount of the largest drug test ever failed in the MLB.

Rocketman95 is online now Old 02-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #33
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #19
Reports that the MLB front office is livid resulted in me making sweet sweet love to my wife last night. Best news I've heard all week!

Cannonball is offline Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #34
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
Innocent or guilty, MLB sound really incompetent in all of this. Braun had offered to take a 2nd test and a DNA test. MLB refused.

KingCheetah is offline Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #35
KingCheetah
Contributing Member
KingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4419
Chain of custody... sorry, but you can leave the MVP's urine in your fridge overnight before dropping it off at Fedex.

JayZ750 is online now Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
JayZ750
Contributing Member
JayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayZ750 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2000
Member: #1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicystream View Post
The article never mentions herpes, and certainly doesn't paint a clear picture one way or the other. A lot of the article points to the fact that despite the policy not being followed to the T, the results still were what they were and the policy mishap shouldn't have impacted them.

Alternatively it appears as if Braun offered to do a lot to prove he was innocent, some (or all) of which MLB refused to consider??

I don't know who to believe.

I do think the one point with regards to clean athletes is fair. IF Braun did cheat, this is a slap in the face to clean athletes.

juicystream is offline Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #37
juicystream
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZ750 View Post
The article never mentions herpes
Of course it didn't. Who would believe that rumor?

Cannonball is offline Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #38
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheetah View Post
Chain of custody... sorry, but you can leave the MVP's urine in your fridge overnight before dropping it off at Fedex.
He supposedly left it on his desk. Creepy.

dharocks is online now Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #39
dharocks
Contributing Member
dharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12819
I've never really cared about PEDs in baseball. It's entertainment. It's not like anyone cares about football players juicing. I think it's stupid that some people think that he should be suspended anyway, or that the fact that he used a technicality to get off is somehow an admission of guilt. Fact is, pointing out the procedural **** up was simply the easiest way to win his case. That doesn't mean he's admitting to using, just that the best way to win was to invalidate the means used to determine his guilt.

PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #40
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
I'm torn. No evidence of contamination, but the opportunity did exist, and the results are amplified. Urine samples sit around all the time, so that's not a big deal, other than this collector had an opportunity. Though i suspect he just made a poor decision. Braun probably did it, but there is definately doubt. So I think the arbitrator made the right decision. But for Braun to tell me he didn't get stronger, faster, that's a bit silly when you have an MVP trophy that he didn't have before. A simple solution is to put him into a higher class of testing ( increased frequency ) and see what happens so that he can prove his innocence to the doubters, and baseball is assured he's not cheating. Maybe that's unfair to Braun, but this is the path to clear his name. Anything less and I believe 50% of the people will still think he did it, right or wrong.