ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Other Sports

Dynamo Offseason Thread
Tags:  houston, houston dynamo, soccer Tags
DrLudicrous is online now Old 02-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #61
DrLudicrous
Contributing Member
DrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2002
Member: #3729
I'd be very surprised if we gave up a starter to get him back. My theory is we'll send another forward to Montreal, as it is we have Bruin, Carr, Kandji, and Weaver, along with a forward we got in the draft and a Brazilian forward we have in camp. If you add Ching to that you have a lot of guys to fill two spots on the field.

Sponsored Link
J.R. is offline Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #62
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Quote:
HOUSTON - Major League Soccer sources told FOX 26 Sports the Houston Dynamo and Montreal Impact are "very close" to an agreement on a trade that would send the rights to forward Brian Ching back to the Dynamo.

MLS sources told FOX 26 a deal between the two teams could be reached as early as Thursday.

However, any deal is contingent on an agreement between Ching and the Dynamo to restructure his contract that will fit the Dynamo's needs.

If the deal is consummated MLS sources told FOX 26 the Dynamo will send the Impact a conditional draft pick.

On Monday the Impact wrote on its Twitter account that Ching had been given permission to league the club for personal reasons.

Ching returned to Houston to await the results of the negotiations on both fronts.

Dynamo president Chris Canetti, who has not been available for comment, confirmed on Monday that he was negotiating with both the Impact and Ching in an effort to make the deal happen.

The Impact acquired Ching through the MLS Expansion Draft in November.

Dynamo officials said then if there was a way to bring him back to Houston, they would try to make it happen.

Clearly, the team and Ching are on the verge of being reunited.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...#ixzz1mVGeIFXp

kidcave9 is offline Old 02-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #63
kidcave9
Contributing Member
kidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45975
Yeah buddy only for a conditional 2013 pick. It's an endearing story. Dynamo will be Mls champions , book it.

FrancisFan3 is offline Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #64
FrancisFan3
FrancisFan3 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcave9 View Post
Yeah buddy only for a conditional 2013 pick. It's an endearing story. Dynamo will be Mls champions , book it.
I predict the Dynamo can win the East again. Only Philadelphia and Kansas City are the real threat in their conference. The New York Red Bulls are a mess and I think Thierry Henry will leave by the summer transfer deadline. DC United is the dark horse and may surprise the critics/experts. DC still have their key players Dwayne De Rosario, Charlie Davies, and Andy Najar. The rest of the Eastern Conference (Chicago, New England, Columbus, Toronto, & Montreal) will be the same as last year and they will not make the playoffs.
The Western Conference is stacked with LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders, Real Salt Lake, and FC Dallas are my top 4 teams that can contend for the MLS Cup and are also a threat to Houston. Portland will be the surprise team in the West. The rest of the West (Chivas USA, Colorado, Vancouver, & San Jose) will not make a serious push for the playoffs.

SF- Gerald Wallace/ Josh Smith
PF-Amare Stoudemire/ JJ Hickson
C-Demarcus Cousins/ Robin Lopez

kidcave9 is offline Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #65
kidcave9
Contributing Member
kidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45975
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisFan3 View Post
I predict the Dynamo can win the East again. Only Philadelphia and Kansas City are the real threat in their conference. The New York Red Bulls are a mess and I think Thierry Henry will leave by the summer transfer deadline. DC United is the dark horse and may surprise the critics/experts. DC still have their key players Dwayne De Rosario, Charlie Davies, and Andy Najar. The rest of the Eastern Conference (Chicago, New England, Columbus, Toronto, & Montreal) will be the same as last year and they will not make the playoffs.
The Western Conference is stacked with LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders, Real Salt Lake, and FC Dallas are my top 4 teams that can contend for the MLS Cup and are also a threat to Houston. Portland will be the surprise team in the West. The rest of the West (Chivas USA, Colorado, Vancouver, & San Jose) will not make a serious push for the playoffs.
Wow you know your stuff. Also does anybody else go to dynamotheory.com for their dynamo news. I love their site, they always have a dynamo article, news,or keepers notes video. By far the best Dynamo coverage I've seen. Check it out..

leroy is offline Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #66
leroy
Contributing Member
leroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchleroy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcave9 View Post
Wow you know your stuff. Also does anybody else go to dynamotheory.com for their dynamo news. I love their site, they always have a dynamo article, news,or keepers notes video. By far the best Dynamo coverage I've seen. Check it out..
I didn't know that site existed. Repped for that...

Good news on Ching. He should get to finish here and the Dynamo don't have to give up much.

DrLudicrous is online now Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #67
DrLudicrous
Contributing Member
DrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrLudicrous is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisFan3 View Post
I agree with your assessment, the only caveat is that Philly may not be as good after sending Le Toux to Vancouver. They still seem pretty dangerous since they have a lot of young guys that should be better with another year of experience. Also, Charlie Davies is back in France.

I get most of my Dynamo news from Bigsoccer.com, their Dynamo forum is basically like the GARM, if something of note shows up on the internet it usually gets posted there.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1063

J.R. is offline Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
quote:
Dynamo president Chris Canetti said MLS approves deal that sends Brian Ching from the Montreal Impact back to the Dynamo. On the trade that returns Brian Ching to the Dynamo, team president Chris Canetti said: "We are happy to have Brian back where he belongs.."

DrLudicrous is online now Old 02-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #69
DrLudicrous
Contributing Member
Dynamo reacquire forward Brian Ching

Fyreball is offline Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #70
Fyreball
Contributing Member
Fyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39843
Great news. Welcome back, Brian!

dumbartonbass is online now Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #71
dumbartonbass
dumbartonbass is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdumbartonbass is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdumbartonbass is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdumbartonbass is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdumbartonbass is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24374
BBVA wouldn't have been possible without his play on the field, especially the first two years. Brian deserves to open the doors and, hopefully, score the first goal.

Pizza_Da_Hut is online now Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #72
Pizza_Da_Hut
Pizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13337
Ching is back baby!!!

Wild about them Cats!

J.R. is offline Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #73
J.R.
Contributing Member
Already posted?

Quote:
As of March 1st, Dynamo traveling supporters will not be permitted to utilize items listed as Supporter Group Exemptions in the MLS Prohibited Items policy (e.g. flags, banners, confetti, drums). This sanction shall continue to be in effect until otherwise notified by MLS; provided, however, that at a minimum it shall apply to the following games:

1. Houston Dynamo vs. Chivas at the Home Depot Center (March 11th, 2012)
2. Houston Dynamo vs. Sporting Kansas City at LIVESTRONG Park (July 7th, 2012)

The decision to impose this sanction is based on the League-wide position that misconduct at any MLS event can affect a fanís standing at other MLS facilities. MLS will not tolerate behavior which threatens the safety of any fan, stadium employee or match participant. The actions of just a few individuals can influence the perception of all of our supporters, clubs and League.

After the opening of BBVA Compass Stadium on May 12th, 2012, the League will evaluate whether to lift the ban on the previously stated privileges. The following factors will be considered in determining the ultimate length of this restriction:

1. Supporter conduct at 2012 MLS away games
2. Supporter conduct at BBVA Compass Stadium
3. Implementation of a supporter charter
4. Formation of an effective leadership system for all Dynamo supporters that is recognized by the club

The League is encouraged by the ongoing discussion between the Dynamo supporters and the front office to learn from past events and prevent them in the future. While regrettable that these incidents took place, it is our hope that 2012 marks the year that such misconduct is a thing of the past so that we can return to our focus of supporting the Texian Army, El Battallon, Brickwall Firm, La Bateria and any other legitimate group supporting the Dynamo.

Thank you and feel free to contact with [MLS] with any questions.
http://blog.chron.com/soccer/2012/02...mo-supporters/

MLS brands some Dynamo fans as 'hooligans'

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #74
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32179
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
Good link about eye-witness account of the event.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/..._at_r.php#more

Even says Creavalle might have video. I hope this place gets shut the **** down.
and now Creavalle is has his case dropped. Coincidence? I doubt it.

2014's new version of I'm not a racist:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh7 View Post
Please don't label me racist for pointing these facts out, for it's not a racial issue. Even my successful african-american friends...