1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colson Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chewy, Aug 17, 2001.

1. chewy

chewy Member

With Kyle Hill signing with France and Moochie's status uncertain, is there any chance the Rockets will sign Sean Colson? If Moochie resigns, which is likely, there should still be a IR roster spot open for Colson. Colson would then be insurance, just in case Wink or Mooch get injured during the season. So do any of you see Colson resigning?

2. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I do. He might not be a good passer, heck he might not even pass but he sure is a good scorer. He has the ability to create a shot for himself and for others(If he only get them the ball) with his herky jerky moves. He does well in an open court fast break in terms of being a PG and getting the ball out to the wing or flyers to layin. He can get inside with ease dribbling in and out. He loves to drive on bigger players(SF-PF) to score inside. He has a shot, he can hit all the way out to the 3pt range. He can hit 3-4 outside shots straight on consectutive plays, but unfortunitely he can also miss 3-4 shots straight on consectutive plays(has a nack of shooting it till he makes it attitude before passing it up for another shooter).

And unforunately his play is not really neccessary for the rockets for him to be an significant player at any time when were healthy. I don't see him playing more than 25-30 games at most and least than 10-15 mins in any of them. I still think he's worth having on IR unless we find a better player that's around 6'5 - 6'7. Our heights go from 6'2 to 6'4 at our guard position which we are only 3 deep(True Guards). DL can play and though I would love to see the miss match DL can bring(6'11, awesome) I doubt he would backup 15-20mins at SG consistently if we were injured. We will need a backup sooner or later. Glen Rice is not going to play much SG, think about how he does against defending SFs. Think about last year we had shandon and we still required the services of S. Colson. I guess I'm saying that I think we need another guard and S. Colson could do.

3. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Truthfully, I do see him coming back. At the very least, we'll sign him to some 10 day contracts and maybe sign him for the season. I think that the core players (Steve, Cuttino, MO T) really like him, and it's worth having someone around who knows the system.

But, I do question why we got Kyle Hill if we are keeping Colson. Maybe Hill is going to be moved again?

4. e-bull

e-bull Member

Hill signed with a European team, with former Westfield HS center Thalamus McGhee. I believe we retained Hill's rights.