1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Marcus Morris compares himself to Carmelo... but not on defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Another funny moment... Marcus Morris compares himself to Carmelo -- but not on defense (basically not realizing how insulting this would be to Carmelo).

McHale: "They got TVs all over, fellas."

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tYoZrBC9WjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

oh jeez. They all seem to think they are basketball Gods it seems

3. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

Marcus Morris compares himself to Carmelo

in todays press conference marcus morris says that he compares himself to Carmelo Anthony, but he also said he wont compare their defense cause, no offence, melo sucks at it.LOL:cool:

4. bewy

bewy Member

When? post it up!

5. bewy

bewy Member

nevermind, you posted the video up kind of later:/

6. acjeitherocket

lol....comedy

7. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Lol, so we've got a D. Howard and a Melo it seems.

At least until the season starts.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Didn't Bill Simmons make a list of guys who think they're superstars every time they step on the court when they're truly aren't? (like Jamal Crawford truly thinking he's a top 10 player in this league). We have a few on our team now I guess.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

You are very confused between "I pattern my game after Carmelo Anthony" and "I am as good as Carmelo Anthony".

10. t_mac1

From that video, he said he "compares" himself to Carmelo Anthony, but not on the defensive side of the ball.

The guy hasn't played a game, and he already dissed a top 10 player in this L.

All I'm saying is he talks a big game, and let's hope he can back it up. It's fine to have confidence/borderline cockiness, you need that in the NBA. Ask Jamal Crawford.

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Good. He knows what to look for. He's exactly right. He should model his game after Carmelo or Paul Pierce. Those guys are that quick, so they make up for it with back-to-the-basket situations. That's exactly what Marcus should be doing.

Confidence is a huge factor for rookies. I'd rather see him take a shot at Carmelo than ask for an autograph

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Comparing to is a ways say from being better than. The dude personally knows Carmelo and was cracking a joke. He makes that clear in his post press conference interview posted on the Rockets website. He meant no ill will.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

DeShawn Stevenson thinks he is as good as Lebron, and the Mavs beat the Heats...

does this mean we are gona beat the Knicks next year? WoHo, big deal!

14. t_mac1

I didn't see the other vid, but I don't care if it's a joke. For players who even joke about this stuff, they probably do believe it themselves. Great players need this type of mentality regardless. Hell, I believe 90% of the NBA players carry this type of mentality, or else they wouldn't last in this league.

I just hope this translates into hard work every practice and offseason, and puts those words into fruition.

Kobe came into this league thinking he was the best player in the NBA. That drive on borderline cockiness was what drove him to be one of the greatest of all time.

So don't take what I said as a disrespect to Morris.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd rather him be overconfident and super-ambitious than always look kind of scared or lost like Jordan Hill, as long as he doesn't take an attitude like that toward his teammates themselves and cause locker room problems.

16. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

I love our new rooks haha, so much confidence I love it, lets so hope that they can all back it up. This is a very mature team, and I think its going to be entertaining team next year and this teams needs some swagger.

I love Marcus he just seems to keep his cool, even when D-Mo was trying to be funny he kept a hard face haha, either that or he was just annoyed haha.

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

His offensive game will probably never be near Melo's game but at least his defense is better and Im happy with that.

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see no disrespect of Morris. Just looked like more of the recent CF reading way too much into everything/putting words in other people's mouths thing that seems to have infected the board this season.

The confidence these guys have is a good thing and much needed. I think the test is how they respond when adversity sets in. Is it T-Will in NJ or early Kobe in LA? Just be a knuckle head or hit the gym and improve?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All I know is Melo and Howard are going to skool these two rookies when they first meet up. Hopefully D-Mo and M-Mo have the last laugh though.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You seriously need to relax. That's how I see it.

1 person likes this.