ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
sydmill is offline Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
sydmill
sydmill is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4452
Knowing that things will not work out like this (as they never have in a decade plus of Rocket's fanaticism other than the EG failure...) here is what I am hoping for thursday night:

14 - Biyombo: maybe he's not the next Hakeem, but what if he's Shawn Kemp 2.0? Even if he ends up being Stromile Swift w/a motor he'd be an upgrade in size for us in the post and a player teams have to scheme for when we play. I just think the risk is worth the potential payoff even if he never develops more than a mildly consistant jumper.

23 - Tyler: Obviously I put a premium on athletic ability and the infamous p word, but this guy (if he gets his act together) should provide us with atleast what Thabeet or Hill do at a fraction of the cost.

38- Butler: Our very own bball version of the blind side with a local kid that played for a major university for 3 years and should be a contriutor in some way, shape or form in year 1 at a position of need? Seems like an easy choice.

Sponsored Link
MourningWood is offline Old 06-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
14. Chris Singleton
23. Donatas Motiejunas
38. Josh Selby

crash5179 is offline Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningWood View Post
14. Chris Singleton
23. Donatas Motiejunas
38. Josh Selby
Two small forwards and a 3rd string point guard. Yuk.

MourningWood is offline Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash5179 View Post
Two small forwards and a 3rd string point guard. Yuk.
A 6'9'' defensive menace and legitimate inside-out threat on the other end if the floor, an aggressive 7-footer than runs the floor well and has a high basketball IQ, and a highly touted floor general that plays lock-down D and attacks the basket at will. Very solid haul, in my book.

Selby was considered the #1 prospect in the country by Yahoo!/Rivals this time last year, and has a very high ceiling... as does Motiejunas. Both will take time to develop... Singleton, on the other hand, has the ability to log significant minutes early in his career. He was arguably the best perimeter defender in the nation, and he served as the captain of the nation's best defense at Florida State.

crash5179 is offline Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:
A 6'9'' defensive menace and legitimate inside-out threat on the other end if the floor, an aggressive 7-footer than runs the floor well and has a high basketball IQ, and a highly touted floor general that plays lock-down D and attacks the basket at will. Very solid haul, in my book.

Selby was considered the #1 prospect in the country by Yahoo!/Rivals this time last year, and has a very high ceiling... as does Motiejunas. Both will take time to develop... Singleton, on the other hand, has the ability to log significant minutes early in his career. He was arguably the best perimeter defender in the nation, and he served as the captain of the nation's best defense at Florida State.
I actually like Singleton but Donatas has no motor, motivational issues and does not like to rebound the ball. Selby will never see the floor behind Lowry and Goran.

sammy is offline Old 06-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
If we're dreaming:

Marcus Morris at 14. Vucevic at 23.

LongTimeFan is offline Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
LongTimeFan
Contributing Member
LongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3172
Quote:
14. Chris Singleton
23. Donatas Motiejunas
38. Josh Selby
Good list. I'd take Motiejunas at 14, so if we're able to land him at 23 that'd be incredible. I'll follow your lead and go:

14. Valanciunas
21. Motiejunas
38. Selby or Tyler

Hoping for Austin Rivers..

Alvin Choo is offline Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
Alvin Choo
Alvin Choo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2007
Member: #25032
14. Irving.
21. Williams
38. Kanter

You did say draft dream right?

jogo is offline Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
jogo
jogo is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14661
[QUOTE=sydmill;6190909]Knowing that things will not work out like this (as they never have in a decade plus of Rocket's fanaticism other than the EG failure...) here is what I am hoping for thursday night:

14 - Biyombo:

23 - Tyler:

38- Butler:

This is exactly what my most recent wish list looked like. But I highly doubt we take both Biyombo and Tyler as both are projects. Those two along with Thabeet and TWill is a lot of new guys who need playing time to develop. Maybe we go Biyombo, Harris, Benson/J. Williams?

I we don't draft Biy or Tyl and they are both available to us at 14 and 23 then I'll be really pissed.

scola4 is offline Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
scola4
scola4 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32495
14-Biyombo
23-Vucievic
38-Butler

wow...