1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you're the Texans, do you go after Plax?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 6, 2011.

?

Would you?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

He would be a nice asset next to AJ80, but 2 years in jail may have also thrown him off his game.

I would give him the league minimum and let Jacoby go. I'm thinking Walter could go slot.

1 person likes this.
  2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

You can't say we should go after him and then say you'd give him the league minimum.

The guy is gonna command some real money--he's gonna have plenty of teams interested. That said, I would go after him with a 2 year incentive-based deal that could get him up in range of the better #2 WR's / worse #1 WR's if he performs really well and stays out of trouble

(but if given a choice, I'd much rather spend a lot more on Asomugha or however you spell it)

3. msn

msn Member

I still like the idea of a douche-bag free locker room. There are non-******* players that can help the Texans.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I highly doubt he can command a pretty high contract. Rosendouche is just hyping his ass up, but he's going to be getting a contract just like Vick did when he got out of the pen.

I know we're the douche-bag free team, but I would go more after talent that being the good boy, perfect attendance team. Giving him a chance could definitely relieve some pressure off AJ80.

#4 Rockets34Legend, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

let him go to Phily with the rest of the thugs and felons

6. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind some a$$hole type players...the good ole boy nice guy locker room hasn't gotten us anywhere...but at least they keep "battling"

7. msn

msn Member

I think the whole "you need a little thug in you to win" line is total bullcrap.

The Texans do not lose because they have mostly decent-character guys. They lose because they have zero talent on defense and their coaching, for nine years, has generally been just a cut above buffoonery.

Put TO, Burress, Finnedouche, and Haynesworth on this 2010 team and do you know what you get: you get 6-10. Because the coaching staff were a bunch of freaking idiots.

1 person likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your post is an oasis in a desert of "nice guys finish last" foolery. Because it quenched my thirst for logic I rewarded it with reputation increase.

2 people like this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are plenty of good fa wr's who actually played last year. If they are going for someone with personality questions, I'd prefer TO. The only 'name' that I'd not prefer is Moss. Anybody who claims they know exactly what percent of his old self that he will be is a fool.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Eagles will sign him to form the Vick-Plax tandem known as Con-Air

(yeah I stole that from somewhere)

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If he still knows how to play football, absolutely

12. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

You know it's funny to me I was thinking the same thing too and of course with all the hoopla about him getting out of jail finally as a fan you think hey would he be a good fit with us? So I saw this NFL Network video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d8203318c/Will-Plaxico-find-a-team-in-2011) and saw a crazy stat at the 1:48 mark which showed the most receiving touchdowns in the time period between 2005-2008 and the player at the top of that list was Randy Moss and I got to thinking:

I say this with all seriousness now, but I think if we were getting rid of Jacoby Jones (which it seems like we're not but if we were) then we would then be looking for his particular replacement. Assuming that you would need deep speed and just sheer playmaking ability. Randy Moss went from having an expiring contract that the Patriots were going to have consider in the offseason to an absolute joke of a commodity. That being said I believe even now if he came in to a team, a system, and a situation that he could respect and hopefully fit in to he would be a nice temporary solution. I know many people are going to disagree with me here but if you really played close attention to our Texans last year many analysts even started noticing that we were a between the numbers team on offense. We had absolutely no deep threat. If there is one thing on the offensive side of the ball that has to change on this team it has to be that. We need to be able to get some quick hitters on the offensive side of the ball so as to avoid the 3rd down situations and incredibly long and tedious drives. Plus we can get him for cheap. The Texans would never do it though, but I definitely think it's worth considering.

Just my opinion!

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Would take that combo over Schaub/Walter combo anyday of the week.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I agree, but you have to admit that a thug or two in the locker room sure would make things a little more interesting. Something the Texans haven't been since.....well, EVER.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'd say it's nigh impossible to have a 53 man NFL roster without at least one or two bad apples in the bunch, even if you're the Texans.

16. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'm sure they have had a thug or two. Travis Johnson kinda struck me as thuggish for some reason. Anyway, NFL teams are pretty good at keeping bad character players under wraps until they shoot themselves in the leg in a nightclub because they're too dumb to buy a holster.

17. conquistador#11

Unless he learned how to play the strong safety position while in the pen, I would not sign him.
    With the talented running backs and that O line, I would be surprised if we didn't run it more this season. F' it, let's pass it 60 times a game..

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

(Insert mar1juana joke here)

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Take whatever you were gonna offer Plax, and add it to Nnamdi's offer....just to ENSURE that he comes here.