ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] McHale on having less input on personnel than he did in Minnesota - "Good."
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, minnesota, movies, nba, video, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
UPDATE: 1:25pm -- Here's video of McHale talking after the press conference.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1615/k...erence-videos/

This was probably the funniest part of the press conference. I'll have a few more videos up ... about 7+ minutes of McHale after it was over.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
adeelsiddiqui is offline Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
adeelsiddiqui
Contributing Member
adeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14300
I was really hoping to see Leslie bust out laughing.

J.R. is offline Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Les not amused. :-|

rhadamanthus is offline Old 06-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
rhadamanthus
Contributing Member
rhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrhadamanthus is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8186
It was funny and honest. And then Les killed it.

heypartner is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadamanthus View Post
It was funny and honest. And then Les killed it.
But Les would have killed it if he had fallen into his giggling laugh, too. no?

MorningZippo is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
MorningZippo
MorningZippo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMorningZippo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46486
Les was like the **** that's affecting my profit margin. Morey is like "lol, this guy has no idea what pile of **** he just stepped in."

Outlier is online now Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
All this team is missing is a super prospect for me to be super excited about the future... but for now I'm mildly excited. I like McHale.

Raven is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZippo View Post
Les was like the **** that's affecting my profit margin. Morey is like "lol, this guy has no idea what pile of **** he just stepped in."
I strongly suspect that Les wants a coach who'll give safer interviews to the media, which might explain his sour reaction to the joke.

glimmertwins is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
glimmertwins
glimmertwins is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineglimmertwins is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18267
I like McHale - find him amusing and he was a hell of a player, but I'm still skeptical that he can make it happen as a coach. I would love to be wrong though. Hopefully he gets the right assistant coaches around him to take some of the in game pressure off him because right now, I'm scared that he is not going to the be the master tactician that the games best coaches are(and Adelamn is in that group).

"Everything looks like a nail to a hammer."

htown11 is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
htown11
htown11 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36130
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp4354

Already up on Yahoo haha

Qball is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
Qball
Contributing Member
Qball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQball is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2001
Member: #3261
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....The 3 Stooges...

dobro1229 is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....The 3 Stooges...
yeah your right.

-A top 50 Hall of Fame NBA Player of all time with multiple championships

-MIT professor.

-and a billionaire business entrepreneur.

But Im sure you're smarter than they are.

Raven is offline Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobro1229 View Post
yeah your right.

-MIT professor.

Slap!

Nook is offline Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
Nook
Nook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #32535
Quote:
yeah your right.

-MIT professor.

OUCH....

Outlier is online now Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
Quote:
yeah your right.

-MIT professor.

shots fired.

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Quote:
yeah your right.

-MIT professor.

And in this press conference, McHale is talking about being a player, Morey is talking about stats, and Les is talking about businesss

Wait, no they aren't.

Clutch is offline Old 06-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
UPDATE: 1:25pm -- Here's video of McHale talking after the press conference.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1615/k...erence-videos/
Updated to include the video of McHale after the press conference... just under 8 minutes.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

J.R. is offline Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #18
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32628
Talk about players winning you over? Martin went out of his way to praise you.

Thats all nice. Kevin and I have talked. My job is to make them the best they can be. Sometimes easy, sometimes not so easy where you get push back. Everyone will have to find their role. I'd be lying to say everything will be rosy from the first day on. I told them all: we're gonna work hard. I've never had a problem coaching anyone yet. I'll tell them the truth and how I see things. No BS, all straight forward.

Challenges of motivating?

Thats my job to motivate them. If they arent motivated, they can sit right by me. If you're sitting by me, you dont make many mistakes. My HS coach told me that. I was throwing the ball all over the gym. He said, know why you're sitting by me? I said no. He said you cant throw the ball all over the gym, you're sitting by me. I thought about it for awhile, I liked to play, so I stopped throwing the ball all over the gym. You use the bench, thats what you use. You used the bench back then. If you're playing like a dog, you sat next to the coach. If you were playing good, you played. That hasnt changed and will always be the case. Its your job to motivate them and get them ready to play. I take pride in that. I take pride that teams I coached always played hard. If you dont play hard, you sit next to me. I'd rather lose with guys playing hard than with more talented guys giving me sideways, halfway effort.

Rashmon is offline Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Rashmon
Contributing Member
Rashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1537
Quote:
yeah your right.

-MIT professor.

Down goes Frazier. Down goes Frazier. Down goes Frazier.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 06-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsf09 View Post
If you dont play hard, you sit next to me. I'd rather lose with guys playing hard than with more talented guys giving me sideways, halfway effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsf09 View Post
Les not amused. :-|
I listened to the radio coverage and didn't get the impression that Les was annoyed or anything. Seems like he just wanted to point out that it's not gonna be the dictatorship of Daryl or even a divided rule where McHale and Daryl run totally separate operations. He's been big on collaboration between the coaching staff and the fron office.

Last edited by Carl Herrera; 06-03-2011 at 02:21 PM.