1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] McHale: I'm heading to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 31, 2011.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/featur.../31/rockets-mchale/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good to see we hired an expert on statistical analysis, not some guy who learned it a couple years ago.

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Welcome aboard coach!:)

Oh Chuck...

Joerger contract is reportedly up
    I bet;)

Rift already between player and coach?!
    I'm kidding!!! Clearly Morey and Martin have great communications as Martin said himself. I guess he wasnt being sarcastic afterall.:p

4. conquistador#11

" a lot of that stuff."
    Seems like he knows what he's talking about.

I will stop posting now. I can eat my dinner knowing that Hasheem will be a 15pts/12reb/6 blocks type of player and that Kevin is committed to winning a championship unlike the other coaches we've had.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I'll make a bold statement and say the Rockets are solidly committed to winning 30-40 games for the next three years.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I bet Les Alexander gave him "the laugh." :)

Chuck: Kevin, don't go to Houston. They gonna screw you out of $3 million like they did to me.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Well, I guess that's more encouraging than, "I don't know what I'm supposed to do with him."

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Someone embed this if you can, please. Not working for me. :confused:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_CF3tALIuI

Ha

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wait 'til Daryl shows him the spreadsheet that says coaching only makes a 5 game difference in a season at the most. :)

Thank God I don't have to work with this ass clown!

[​IMG]

#9 Carl Herrera, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3_CF3tALIuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thanks. Appreciate it.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3_CF3tALIuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

"McHale said he got a similar fun, upbeat vibe when talking with Rockets owner Les Alexander and GM Daryl Morey. He and Morey have similar philosophies, McHale said, and Alexander impressed McHale as being committed to working toward a championship."

My glass is half full.

1 person likes this.
  14. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Wow, looking at that David Kahn pic kinda threw me off for a bit. I couldnt tell who it was and started wondering if it was The Penguin from Batman Returns. Oh yeah and he is an ass-hat of a gm along with being Mr Penguin's look-alike.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on guys. You gotta love that laugh! Thats good stuff! lollll!:grin:

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

cory brewer said that kevin mchale was a great coach in minny. cory brewer is always right, and besides, he dunks on people like its nothing so i trust his instincts.:grin:

17. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

wow this is an awful laugh... it made me cringe, sounds like crazy legs from Don't Be A Menace In South Central While Drinking Your Juice In the Hood.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Never go to see a comedy movie with Les. Always go to see sad movies where everybody dies of aids.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6szE_qmzavQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. McKinleyH

McKinleyH Member

Like most of you, I'm in the wait and see category. I am liking McHale's references about having fun coaching the young guys. Rudy T said the same things.

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

That is an interesting comparison.

He really does remind me of Rudy in alot of ways (on the surface). Knowledgeable (former All-Star), reputation of being outgoing/good personality, good communicator (at least a good speaker based on what I saw on TNT, tho McHale might not be as great a speaker as Rudy), good teacher (based on Garnett/Love). Not really an Xs/Os strategist.

Give him a team of hungry veterans, willing to learn and wanting to win, and I think that he could field a great team. Give him a team full of boneheads and not so much. Should be interesting to see what he does with this team (a team in the middle of that).