ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Red Rowdy Road Trip to New Orleans
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, nba, new orleans Tags
00rocketgirl is offline Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45196
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1538/r...o-new-orleans/

Sponsored Link
Clutch is offline Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00rocketgirl View Post
In the second quarter, the Hornets mascot came over and totally shocked us with some silly string. There was nothing we could do but just stand there and take it. As he walked down the stairs away from us, I started collecting all of the silly string around me, and throwing it back at him. I threw two or three handfuls, all falling short of him.

Less than a minute later, a security guard came up and threatened to throw me out for throwing it and said I was caught on camera. I asked why it was fair that he can shoot silly string at fans who did not agree to it, yet we can’t throw it right back at him. I didn’t get an answer and was told one more time if I threw something I would be thrown out. Getting hit with silly string by the mascot and getting talked to by security are on every away game road trip’s to do list.
Nearly tossed from a game for throwing silly string that a mascot shot at you. That would look good on a police report. On the bright side, I suspect it's all downhill for the Hornets starting next season.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Ricksmith is offline Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
good read, thanks for posting. lol at the New York Knicks chant.

emcitymisfit is online now Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
emcitymisfit
emcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40365
Had a blast! Can't wait to make it back!

- ilookOK

MONON is offline Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
MONON
MONON is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2002
Member: #3969
00rocketgirl, our official Red Rowdies road trip commentator. keep up the good writing, we all enjoy it!

tinman is offline Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
great article.. man the season went by so fast.

00rocketgirl is offline Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
I regret to inform you all that I at the last minute I was unable to make the trip to the RGV, but Red Rowdies will still be in attendance! My dog got sick and I with an exam Thursday, taking off two days of school wasn't the wisest thing.

These are some videos of the players and Matt & Bill stomping on the plush bee before getting on the bus! I love re-watching these over and over again!

Blurr#7 is offline Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Blurr#7
Contributing Member
Blurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28751
Quote:
WTF kind of stomp was that? Brad petted the bee with his foot! Weaksauce!!

RocketDonut is offline Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
RocketDonut
Contributing Member
RocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44805
I'm glad this was heeded in the final video.

00rocketgirl is offline Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDonut View Post
I'm glad this was heeded in the final video.
No, I took the last video with my camera. The others someone took with their phone.

here are some additional photos

I screenshot the video of chuck. I'll try to get the video up later.

SwoLy-D is offline Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
SwoLy-D
Contributing Member
SwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2873
AWESOMELY Cool. I wished I could be part of the Rowdies some day. I've taken so many photos of you peeps walking the main halls and outside the arena... I've got to share them soon.

In regards to the issue with the mascot and the security guard, wouldn't you be able to talk to the security main people and let them know that the Rockets' Organization backs you guys up and realize that throwing the stuff back at the mascot is all in good, clean fun? You guys wouldn't initiate the altercation... so why would you be the ones penalized? That doesn't sound fair at all.

Lastly, it's:

RocketDonut is offline Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
RocketDonut
Contributing Member
RocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44805
Quote:
No, I took the last video with my camera. The others someone took with their phone.
And I'm glad you did. One thing that bothers me is when people take videos in portrait mode on their phone. Thanks for doing it correctly though. What you guys do looks like tons of fun and it takes some major commitment. Major props to the Rowdies.

00rocketgirl is offline Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #13
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoLy-D View Post

Lastly, it's:
CASHoutta is my little nickname for it since One of the rowdies funded the trip on the black jack tables

Pieman2005 is online now Old 04-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #14
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
Dang that pillowpet is tight.

Germany - 7
Brazil - 1

My autographed Trevor Ariza jersey isn't useless anymore!

Kam is offline Old 04-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Good read.

Sounds like fun, i'm sure it is

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

david_rocket is offline Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #16
david_rocket
david_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedavid_rocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #14005
I like reading positive threads like this in the GARM.

Seems you had a lot of fun!

GO TEXANS!!!

knote32 is offline Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #17
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Awesome work Rowdies!

(I need to find a girl that's a Rocket fan!)

emcitymisfit is online now Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #18
emcitymisfit
emcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineemcitymisfit is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40365
Cant wait to road trip again!

- ilookOK

RV6 is online now Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #19
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Nice videos, but only Bullard actually stomped it.... Y'all should have told Miller the bee was going to block his NASCAR. There would be no bee left.

00rocketgirl is offline Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #20
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
Nice videos, but only Bullard actually stomped it.... Y'all should have told Miller the bee was going to block his NASCAR. There would be no bee left.
Chuck and Chase did actually stomp on it too.