1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Free Agent Watch: Class of 2011

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Mar 18, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

-Link-

1 person likes this.
  2. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

you have to be kidding me...

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Our 2009 team is possibly better than any team Memphis has put out in its franchise existence. Stupid writer.

4. SunsRocketsfan

I read it as the writer meant the rockets team this season which I totally agree.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If we've got anything to offer, I'd try to grab DeAndre Jordan. Sterling isn't as tight-fisted as he used to be re salaries, but maybe it'd work.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Couldn't agree more... Oops, I mean - This.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I wonder if he meant to say "better than the Memphis team he spent much of his career on."
    He already messed up by naming Shane's current team as the Rockets, so at least it would be a consistent error on his part.

Otherwise, the current Memphis team is quite comparable to this year's Rockets team. And the Rockets teams in the past few years have been better than this Memphis team.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

For sure, but I'm worried that because he's Blake Griffin's best friend, Sterling's going to feel pressured to dig deep in to his pockets to retain Jordan.

Jordan's definitely the most desirable FA, in my book. Long, freakish athleticism, excellent defender around the rim, great finisher. He would instantly fill the void at center, and imagine a defensive frontline of Chuck Hayes and Jordan... scary.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

With center being our biggest whole to fill, the only veteran high price center's I would consider going after would be Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol or Nene Hilario. If none of those guys can be had, then I would look to sign a young big. With the only young bigs worth considering, being...

1. DeAndre Jordan(22)
    2. Spencer Hawes (22)
    3. Kyrylo Fesenko (24)
    4. Alexis Ajinca (22)

The most likely of these would probably be Fesenko, given the interest the Rockets had on him last year, and he would come at a cheap price. Also it will be a lot harder to get Jordan or Hawes due to their restriction in free agency.

10. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

When the Clippers dumped Baron Davis' contract with their unprotected pick, they pretty much set themselves up financially to resign DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers will probably trade Chris Kaman for a small forward. With Kaman being an expiring contract, and centers being such a commodity, Kaman will have trade value

11. k-money

k-money Member

who is this stupid writer? obviously this idiot does not watch basketball at all.

"better than the Rockets team he spent much of his career on" stupid *******:mad:

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

"Marc Gasol: Here's one that GM Chris Wallace got right"

Really? And then he goes on to say that Marc won't be better than Pau, so what the hell did he get right? Screwing the rest of the league?

13. New Generation

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Problem is none of those guys are going to be available without a trade.

15. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

We have to get DeAndre! NO questions asked! He soo fits our rebuilding team imo

16. TmacRedemption

TmacRedemption New Member

this writer has no idea what he is doing.....

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not safe to assume:p but I assume what's he's talking about is what he said in sentence following that one, which is:
    so therefor GM Chris Wallace "got right" or "got it right".

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I agree with everyone, I would LOVE to sign/trade for DeAndre Jordan, but if we can't get him, I guess Marc Gasol or Thaddeus Young would be all right. How about taking a chance on Greg Oden? Anyone up for that?

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

I think it should have been "better than the Rockets team (this season) where he spent much of his career."

Stupid Chad Ford! Either he does not watch the NBA or he is a dumb writer.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Kaman is the only Clipper on a guaranteed non-rookie contract. Their salary situation is really good in the near future. Any GM would kill to inherit that team right now. But do you think Sterling will be willing to pay all of his young players in the next 2-3 years? Their payroll could skyrocket to 90+ million in 4 years easily if all their players got market value, and that's assuming there's no hard cap.

If not, I could see them being stupid enough to let Jordan go and we'd better throw lots of money at him this offseason.