1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

18 Blacks allegedly gang rape an 11 year old Hispanic girl, igniting racial flames

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 10, 2011.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Disgusting and horrific. Meanwhile, Quannell X and the Black Panthers are playing the race card.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-rape-charges-18-men-sparks-racial-tensions/story?id=13095476&page=1

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town
    New Black Panthers Rally Is Moved Because of a Death Threat

250 comments By JESSICA HOPPER
    March 10, 2011

The alleged gang rape of an 11-year-old girl by at least 18 boys and young men has sparked shame and outrage in a tiny Texas town, but it has also stirred racial tensions that threaten to split the East Texas hamlet.

More Video
    Watch: Peace Corps Volunteer Describes Brutal Rape
    Watch: Teen's Suicide Follows Alleged Rape
    Watch: Did Teen's Alert Stop Child Rape?All of the defendants arrested are African-American and the girl is Hispanic.

The hardscrabble town of Cleveland, which is 45 miles from Houston, has fewer than 8,000 residents and since the saw mill closed the biggest employers are Wal-Mart and a nearby prison. In a town this small, everyone is a neighbor, but that small town ambience is being severely strained.

The rape allegedly occurred last November, and the list of suspects has been growing as arrests keep coming. It's not clear whether more arrests are in the works.

The suspects range in age from 14 to 26, include stars on the high school's basketball team as well as the son of a school board member.

But as the investigation drags on, the shock and indignation has been tinged with an undercurrent of racial tension.

"I feel sorry for the little girl. I feel sorry for everyone involved...the city is in turmoil," Inez Dickerson said.

Dickerson, 68, is the great-grandmother of one of the defendants in the case. Her grandson has not been publicly identified by police because he is a minor.

Dickerson remembers when her great-grandson called to tell her the crime he's accused of committing.

"When I got on the phone, he was crying. He said, 'Granny, I've been accused of something. I'm scared,'" Dickerson said. "He's pretty tore up about it."

"I'm not going to play the race card on this because my grandson and all the rest were very young men and they could have given a second thought on this," Dickerson said.

While Dickerson believes the flaring of racial tensions isn't warranted, others disagree.

Houston community activist Quanell X will host a town hall meeting this evening called "What's the real truth behind the rape allegations?"

"Every adult male that had sex with this child should go to prison, I don't care what the color is. But I do not believe black males are the only ones that had contact with this young child," said Quanell X, the leader of Houston's New Black Panther Party. "It appears to me there's only been the selective prosecution of one community, which is African American."

Quannell X said the rally has been moved from a church to a community center because, "The church received some death threats."

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't really see what there is to debate on this issue... other than the fact that Quanell X is involved. Everyone who participated should go to jail.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

littletexxx, you are making an issue of Quanell X where there is none this time. At least yet. If his allegations are true and he and his minions can find evidence that would otherwise be suppressed, good.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I kinda think any time 18 whole teenagers and adults are all accused of simultaneously wanting to have sex with the same 11 year old girl and being the same place at the same time, it needs to be kind of looked over. I don't know if arrest protocol changes when the alleged victim is a child. Some of the suspects may have agreed to go into custody for their own small town safety.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't understand how their race has anything to do with this story. If you leave the word "black" out of this story, it's still just as sick a crime.

Is there any reason to believe that their being black factored into their decision to engage in this behavior?

I hope the law comes down hard on them. If true, they are just a disgusting bunch of animals.

6. bigtexxx

it's the debate and discussion forum. Is it worthy of discussion?

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18 people are a lot of people for almost anything. Except maybe football.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Quanell X playing the race card?

I'm shocked.

Scientists currently conducting studies to determine if water is wet.

More at 11.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

More men... Ouch.
    _____

The defensive attorney for the men says the 11 year old girl was asking for it and wants to be a p*rn star.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Quannel X always seemed like a nobody. Why does anyone give him any attention?

11. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, that's ****ED up!!!!

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Them Dickerson daughters got the badonk-a-donk.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Not to say that it's wrong, but I can't help but feel that the proliferation of p*rn on the Internet has something to do with this kind of thing actually happening.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's your problem with Black people dude?

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

for jose, this one is personal

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

it's just an enjoyment of race baiting. I don't know, maybe he and his brother are banned from six flags or Treasures or something, but this is what they do for fun. Has been for years.

For the record, the only flames that should be ignited by anyone reading this story are human flames: what is wrong with us, as a society, where this can happen. Just a sad day.

17. bigtexxx

I've got no problem with blacks. This story is all over the news in Houston. The race card has been played by others -- I'm just sharing the story

18. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

He goes to The Breakfast Klub, it's all good.

2 people like this.
  19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'd love to meet this character who is just passing along info bc he cares. Ok slingblade. MMMMMmhmmm.

1 person likes this.
  20. aghast

aghast Member

This is one of those cases that should require DNA evidence or cell phone video/pictures for trial/conviction.

Eyewitness testimony won't be enough, as those involved will look to lessen their punishments by turning on anyone they can think of.

I have a feeling before it's over that every black man in Cleveland will stand accused. This could become another Tulia.