1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AOL Fanhouse] Rockets' future remains wide open

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2o12, Dec 22, 2010.

1. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/22/rockets-future-remains-wide-open/#cntnt

1 person likes this.
  2. hourocket365247

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

interesting quotes there.

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Keep Scola a rocket

he belongs in rocket red! just like Ron Artest :eek:

5. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Another fanhouse article here -->
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/22/rockets-quick-to-remind-theyve-won-without-yao/

6. worzel gummidge

That is true team spirit unlike all the fairweather attitudes/posts that have creeped onto the board lately.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Cool post... Cool quotes. I love Scola's desire to be here. I know there are more talented PF's and we could upgrade his spot maybe. But I really think he is the kind of guy that you win championships with. So I would rather upgrade the center position than trade him.

As for next year, watch us against the Heat next week to get an idea of what the future holds. If we play solid against them and going forward become a good them expect to hold serve pretty close to roster we have. Obviously AnJeffries is gone before we even get there. Also Hayes is gone most likely. But Battier depends if we trade Budinger or not. If we don't do something special in this ANthony deal we will probably sign another defensive center in the off season. I think Dalembert would be a possibility. And of course we still have New Yorks pick (Yes I say NY because I am sure they will be below us). We will also sign Yao and should be back by the new year. So that leaves us with

Yao
    Miller
    Scola
    Patrick Patterson
    Jordan Hill
    Bud or Bat
    Williams
    Martin
    Lee
    Brooks
    Lowry
    Ish
    Rookie
    FA Center

That leaves us only one spot on the Roster. Also I expect Adelman to be resigned. Of course if going forward we play below 500 then I expect a lot of roster moves. One of the problems on this squad is we have made to many adjustments to the roster every year and there is very little stability. Watch the heat game if should give a look into the future for this team.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Understatement of the year. :)

9. STUD

STUD Rookie

Hypothetical: What if we get a pick around 13-16 and draft a Score 1st PG like Kamba Walker or Brandon Knight(if they both come out)

Would we still sign Brooks in the off-season?