1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bet thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Dec 21, 2010.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

We are all a bunch of solid rocket fans. How about we put it to show.

All post should start like this:

"if the rockets, (Enter something you expect), I will do this (something alittle crazy).

It can be a long term bet, ie: If the rockets win the championships this year, I will donate 200 to the tipjar. or a short term bet, if the Rockets dont be the Clippers I will shave my head.

Now these bet should be followed upon. Take a picture of you doing the bet and posting it here. Then put it your signature for us to know that you are indeed a real fan and not a bandwagoner.

What do you all say, who's got ROCKETS PRIDE?

Current Bets!
    phantoman-If Chuck Hayes dunk in another game this year, I will donate $50 to the tip jar.

gah-I feel I am due a 20 dollars pledge to the jar, if the Rockets make the playoffs I will put in $40.

Pizza_Da_Hut-Here's my bet, the Rockets will make the playoffs this year AND will win at least 3/7 of those games in that series. If I'm wrong, I'll throw down $50 in the tip jar. If I'm right, I'll probably still throw down those $50...

TdashDUB-If we make it to the finals, I'll tattoo the current rocket logo on my ass... cheek of your choosing..and I'll film the process

Nickb492-1.And if the Rockets make to the second round I'll get the Classic Rockets logo tatted on my chest. I already did that when they beat Portland and have the current logo incorporated in my right arm piece. Even have Toyota Center in it.
    2.If the Rockets win 7 out the next 10 games I will buy this horrible monstrosity that is a Rockets Scottie Pippen basketball figure.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Scottie-Pippen-...=item5ade060997

htownrox1-If Yao plays another game this season I will streak but naked across the Toyota Center during the game.

wikiwiki-If we beat the lakers in a playoff series, I'll propose to my girlfriend.

BEAT LA - If Yao scores 20 points in another game I will donate $20 to the tip jar.
    If the Rockets trade for a center I will drop in $10.

BleedRocketsRed -1. If at any point between now and the trade deadline, the Rockets trade for any player under the age of 32 who has played in at least 1 All-Star game, I will donate $30 to the tip jar.
    2.If the Rockets make the postseason this year, I will purchase playoff tickets (at least one lol), dress up like a Rowdy (I'll find a Rowdy and ask them for advice on what to wear. Guessing its face painted, jersey plus some type of headwear), and be jumping up and down screaming throughout the entire game, sitting next to the "unpassionate" fans.

t_mac1 - if daryl morey of the rockets land a certified superstar this year, i will dye my hair red.

kam - If the Rockets beat the Lakers in the playoffs, I was actually considering getting a Von Hawk with red ink.

Hayesfan - If the Rockets make it to the second round of the playoffs... I will drive (that's about 18 hours) to Houston for the opening home game
    Edit: If it's during the week I reserve the right to absent myself from the bet because of teaching.

pge71188 -If the Rockets make it to the playoffs, I will attend every Rockets Home Playoff game.

Apollo33 - I'll fly to Houston from Toronto for a game next winter if the Rockets make second round

RainbowPoop -If at any point in the season one of our rockets players Posterizes Blake Griffin I will strap myself in a portapotty, & be heaved down a hill in it, with the help of friends or CF members.

00rocketgirl -So, my bet is, if we make it to the 3rd round of playoffs, I will get my cars' seats covered Rockets themed. Red and black seat covers and I'll put Rockets logos on them. If we make it to the finals, I'll get the matching floor mats.
    2nd Round- I will get my belly button pierced for the sole purpose that I can put in a really cute Rockets belly button ring/charm I've been eyeing on eBay.

Disciple of RP - If we win the championship, I will get a tattoo of Hakeem's AND Yao's faces (3" minimum each) somewhere on my person.

#1 phantoman, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. phantoman

If Chuck Hayes dunk in another game this year, I will donate $50 to the tip jar.

3. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I am a Red Rowdie, therefore being a Rowdie and bandwagon don't go in the same sentence. I am at every game and blow my lungs out, win or lose, I don't need to prove anything.

4. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

oh sure... anyone can get paid to yell and shout.

We're talking about you giving something up to show your loyalty.

C'mon... don't be a little girl....with your excuses

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Dude, can I have your autograph?

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

What does that have to do with Anything? The only thing you just proved is that you are a dbag.

7. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

WIN OR LOSE I give up 103 hrs of my lifetime for the Rockets by attending all the home games. That is enough.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

This is the stupidest thing you could write. A real fan wouldn't consider it "giving up" 103 hours. Most fans pay to "give up" hours attending games.

Do you have a sweet deal, getting free tix for entertainment? Yes.

9. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I am guessing your one of the tools that leave in the 3rd quarter of a blowout or sit on your rear end the whole game instead of making noise? The Rowdies exist because the arena is like a church during an hour mass. If 18,000 people actually got up and screamed and cheered loudly FOR THEIR TEAM, the Rowdies WOULD NOT EXIST.

I am proud to be a dbag. Thanks. Also so are 10 other NBA teams fans, who have copied the Rowdies model and started their own group.

10. phantoman

Thank is awesome, i thank you for your support for our team. But it doesnt mean you can act like a dork just because you get to go for games.

I watch every game that is more than you, I scream at my tv all the time, it is by no mean inferior to you going to games.

So, keep it to yourself, if you want to join in on the tread then do it, or self shut up.

11. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You don't think I watch every road game too?

And if you scream at the television, how about instead, bring some of your so called "screaming" to the arena? Just a thought.

12. gah

gah Member

Exactly.

rockets247 man up, you might as well had not reply to this thread :cool: , but seeing that you did with clearly weak excuses, you blew it, safe face and make a bet

13. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I said nothing but the truth.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Isn't this trying to prove you're not a bandwagoner by stating you're a RR? :confused:

15. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Exactly. WIN OR LOSE, I am there from beginning till end.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

This thread got lame fast. "I get free tickets which I use, therefore I am super fan."

I bet this is the worst argument ever. I further bet that I will never employ a crappy graph to prove any point I attempt to make.

If either of these two bets flop, then I promise JCDenton will never post on Clutchfans again. Book it.

17. gah

gah Member

I feel I am due a 20 dollars pledge to the jar, if the Rockets make the playoffs I will put in $40.

1 person likes this.
  18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And so are those of us watching at home. Want to impress someone? Buy season tickets and be there from beginning till end, win or lose.

1 person likes this.
  19. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

No offense bro, but I had a really hard time reading this.

20. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I was a season ticket holder and still there from beginning to end.

Why would I buy season tickets and sit with fans that aren't excited, aren't passionate about the game and very quick to turn on their team when things go sour, when I can sit with real fans that care passionately about the Rockets win or lose? Most care more about giving their money to the concessions for $8.50 hot dogs than creating an ounce of noise for the home team. NOBODY CAN DENY IT, IT IS THE TRUTH.