ClutchFans Latest:
DuBose: Rockets-Blazers: Behind the numbers

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] December 15: The Rockets and the Start of NBA Trade Season
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, nba, nba trade, trade Tags
BimaThug is online now Old 12-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #359
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1082/d...-trade-season/

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.

Sponsored Link
k-money is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
k-money
k-money is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46317
great article.

J-Mac is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
J-Mac
J-Mac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJ-Mac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32138
Great insight as always BimaThug!

htownrox1 is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
Nice article Bima.. After reading that, I honestly doubt that Morey trades Scola or Lowry. Not only are they our two hustle guys and the heart of our team, it would be pretty difficult to trade them.

DaDakota is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #331
Bima,

Correct me if I am wrong here, but couldn't we trade Scola before Dec 15th? I thought that when you signed a guy and did not match an offer they are eligible to be traded?

Also, to me the key is not the guys the Rockets could now trade, but what everyone else in the league can now trade...

DD

Building the Best Damned Space Sim Ever!

worzel gummidge is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
worzel gummidge
worzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33905
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownrox1
Nice article Bima.. After reading that, I honestly doubt that Morey trades Scola or Lowry. Not only are they our two hustle guys and the heart of our team, it would be pretty difficult to trade them.
Morey's claimed Scola is who teams enquire after most in trade talks. When working with large enough figures BYC doesn't matter much.

rockets934life is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
rockets934life
Contributing Member
rockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28025
Good stuff, even though it might be a bit more difficult to move Scola, I think Luis is going to be the #1 target by many teams and someone who you can package with JJ to get a high caliber player. Lowry's right to refuse a deal is another reason why AB is the more likely of the two to get moved.

“We were all told by the league he was a tradeable player, and now they’re saying that Dell doesn’t have the authority to make the trade?” said an NBA executive who had periodic talks with New Orleans throughout the process. “Now they’re saying that Dell is an idiot, that he can’t do his job. [Expletive] this whole thing. David’s drunk on power, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the players, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the hundreds of hours the teams put in to make that deal"

htownrox1 is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
The only way I would trade Scola is if we could find another good PF.

Landry anyone??

da_juice is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535
I think Morey is keeping Scola, and as you mentioned it's next to impossible to trade Lowry. Morey will ethier trade Brooks in a package deal with at least Jeffries, Budinger, or Battier to get a big if Yao is done or for a starting SF. Or he'll do what you mention in the article and trade Ish for a draft pick.

BimaThug is online now Old 12-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota
Bima,

Correct me if I am wrong here, but couldn't we trade Scola before Dec 15th? I thought that when you signed a guy and did not match an offer they are eligible to be traded?
No. All free agents signed after July 1 of a given offseason cannot be traded until the later to occur of (a) December 15 of the following season or (b) three months after signing. Offer sheets have nothing to do with it. The offer sheet issues only relate to consent rights and not being able to be traded back to the team with whom the player originally signed the offer sheet.

DaDakota is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimaThug
No. All free agents signed after July 1 of a given offseason cannot be traded until the later to occur of (a) December 15 of the following season or (b) three months after signing. Offer sheets have nothing to do with it. The offer sheet issues only relate to consent rights and not being able to be traded back to the team with whom the player originally signed the offer sheet.
Thanks, I should have known better than to question your trade and salary cap knowledge.

DD

KingStevo10 is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
KingStevo10
KingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42982
Thanks bima,

great article

BimaThug is online now Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
BimaThug
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota
Thanks, I should have known better than to question your trade and salary cap knowledge.

DD
Nah, question away, man. I get stuff wrong from time to time.

Although not often.

justinh is offline Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
justinh
justinh is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6738
great info, thanks

HillBoy is offline Old 12-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
HillBoy
Contributing Member
HillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHillBoy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11812
An excellent article Bima. Thanks

rju1986 is offline Old 12-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
rju1986
rju1986 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47303
Very intuitive! I appreciated this.

opticon is offline Old 12-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
opticon
opticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodopticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18155
Great article it clears things at to what players are really in play to be moved.

Yao/Scola/Lowry - Fall into the wont be traded because of byc restrictions, Les wants them around or they have to consent to a trade

Martin\Battier\Hayes\Miller - Have value but have a greater value to us being on the team.

Budinger\lee\Hill\Brooks\Jeffries\Patterson\Smith\Williams -By the looks of things Morey has 8 players + Draft picks and trade exceptions to play with.

Out of the assets that are likely to be traded no combination Pops out at me and says all-star trade worthy.

TheFreak is offline Old 12-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
TheFreak
Contributing Member
TheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheFreak is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #180
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockets934life
Lowry's right to refuse a deal is another reason why AB is the more likely of the two to get moved.
This is incorrect. Why would Lowry refuse a deal if he wants to start?

opticon is offline Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
opticon
opticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodopticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak
This is incorrect. Why would Lowry refuse a deal if he wants to start?
It all depends where. You think we wants to start for the Raptors or the Twolves.

DaDakota is offline Old 12-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
DaDakota
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by opticon
It all depends where. You think we wants to start for the Raptors or the Twolves.
Uhhhh, he signed with the Cavs in the offseason.....

DD