chuck hayes highlights on defence?
Tags:  basketball, chuck hayes, highlights, houston rockets, nba Tags
mario713 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
mario713
Rookie
mario713 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44039
it says chucky hayes defence stole the show yet no highlights on it. can someone get this done?? thanks

Sponsored Link
DaDakota is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
FIVE STAR IDEA !!

DD

durvasa is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Many people don't really appreciate what Chuck does on the defensive end because, as you point out, his plays rarely make the highlight videos. He was the player-of-the-game yesterday, and all the highlight packages show are players scoring the ball. No respect for good defenders unless they are swatting the ball out of bounds.

mario713 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
mario713
Rookie
yay i got dd's attention. lol.

mario713 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
mario713
Rookie
yea i guess i gotta download the whole game.

JuanValdez is offline Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario713
yea i guess i gotta download the whole game.
The oversight has been corrected: http://rockets.clutchfans.net/839/ch...re-stoudemire/

Thanks Clutch!

HayesDPOY is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
HayesDPOY
HayesDPOY is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44809
Look at my ID
He is a seriously underestimated defensive player although his defense is already
well known.

Quote:
it says chucky hayes defence stole the show yet no highlights on it. can someone get this done?? thanks

krouchchocolate is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
krouchchocolate
krouchchocolate is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47320
Thanks clutch for that video. Hayes shut amare down!

t_mac1 is online now Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
t_mac1
Contributing Member
t_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29872
i think defense as a whole can only be appreciated if you watch the game. it's hard to "highlight" a momentum switch when hayes shuts down a big man and things like that.

and you really cannot highlight the little things that chuck does.

sometimes i hate on him for his offensive ineptitude, but his defense has always been on point. ALWAYS.

shane, on the other hand,.... no comment

Noob Cake is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #10
Noob Cake
Noob Cake is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30906
Ridiculous how no one in the league seems to be able to back down Chuck Hayes. Hayes defensive footwork is also excellent

Felece is offline Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
Felece
Felece is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Cake
Ridiculous how no one in the league seems to be able to back down Chuck Hayes. Hayes defensive footwork is also excellent
Only problem there is, is when tall centers just hook it over him

valorita is offline Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
valorita
valorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvalorita is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36697
What's next... Can someone please put a highlight reel of Shane's intangibles?

RAID is offline Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
RAID
Contributing Member
RAID is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2005
Member: #16355
Quote:
Originally Posted by valorita
What's next... Can someone please put a highlight reel of Shane's intangibles?

BradMiller is offline Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #14
BradMiller
BradMiller is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47686
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID
Cool, the green bear. What a neat species.

roslolian is offline Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
roslolian
roslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34579
Some things I noticed:

1) Amare is trash without Nash (or someone who can create plays for him). He only did one offensive move the entire game: back Hayes down, then pivot and drive to the hoop.

2) With that said, I've never seen this move been defended until now. Most of the time a situation where you can back your guy down, pivot, and then drive to the hoop results in a foul or a score unless you miss the layup or turn the ball over. I've never seen a defender agile enough to still stay in front of his man and deny intro into the shaded area. Wow

3) Is this the norm for Chuck or is it just a career game? He didn't just defend well, he also blocked guys to help secure the rebound and he made some good passes. His effort level seems to be higher than normal, maybe its just me but I think if he played like this we wouldn't have gone 0-5.

Chuck04 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Chuck04
Chuck04 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #96
That was amazing. He made Stoudamire look very second rate, especially the first two misses he had. Loved the last highlight though, where he literally ripped the ball right out of Amare's hands.

"That's what I do. When teams run a double-team on me, my job is to go out there and make the right plays. They tried to blitz me on pick and rolls, but I was able to get around the big guys and I was fortunate enough to find my guys in the right spots and they were knocking down shots. When it's rolling like that, I don't have to score that many points." - Tracy McGrady, 04-13-2005

"I had it rolling from the outside. When I shoot threes the way I did, my defender is pretty much at my mercy because I can pull up at any given time.

"When I play with that kind of confidence, there is nothing you can do but hope I miss shots."
- Tracy McGrady, 05-06-2005

rofflesaurus is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
rofflesaurus
rofflesaurus is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerofflesaurus is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18591
It was the Knicks.

Amel is offline Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
Quote:

I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Willís rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.

liljojo is offline Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #19
liljojo
liljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneliljojo is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofflesaurus
It was the Knicks.
No. It was Amare. He manhandled a perennial all-star in one-on-one situations, and helped his teammates in the process. It was a team win, but there are exactly zero reasons to knock on Chuck's defense last night.

RedRedemption is offline Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #20
RedRedemption
Contributing Member
RedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43241
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofflesaurus
It was the Knicks.
I'm pretty sure he didn't simulatenously guard all Knicks players at the same time, so no.