ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Size Matters: Rockets shrink in fourth (w/ HD highlights)
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, highlights, houston, houston rockets, nba, video, washington, wizards Tags
Clutch is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/725/ho...ngton-wizards/

(Video: ItsMyFault)

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
knote32 is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Awesome thread title...

It takes two hands to handle a whopper...

TheGM is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
TheGM
Contributing Member
TheGM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTheGM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17953
Ya, Lowry and Chase both need to get back to form for us to start winning especially with Brooks out.

At least NBA.com writers still believe in us.

Last edited by TheGM; 11-11-2010 at 12:28 AM.

kmav23 is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
kmav23
Rookie
kmav23 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45127
so we didnt sign a big defensive center dampier cause we wanted to keep a shooting guard taylor who we never play !!!!

SuperBeeKay is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
SuperBeeKay
SuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30404
I shriveled up when I saw how terrible we did tonight. Definitely not a bonerfide effort tonight.

amaru is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42710
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGM
Ya, Lowry and Chase both need to get back to form for us to start winning especially with Brooks out.

That was before tonights game.

W/ Yao going down for who knows how long I'm not sure those opinions are still valid.

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!

TheRealist137 is online now Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #7
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
Nice article and recap. Since I didn't watch the game, I was wondering why the highlights stopped abruptly after Scola made that lay-up, then I found out that we didn't score for the next 5 minutes.

davidxhz is offline Old 11-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
davidxhz
davidxhz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29935
Last year, people write us off and we survived.

this year, some people are giving us credit but we played like ****.....
when people are saying positive things about you and you actually have nothing positive right now, you know there is something wrong....

The_Yoyo is offline Old 11-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #9
The_Yoyo
Contributing Member
The_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3378
so should we start taking coaching advice from this guy now?

ironariza is offline Old 11-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #10
ironariza
ironariza is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBeeKay
I shriveled up when I saw how terrible we did tonight. Definitely not a bonerfide effort tonight.
today , rockets is a coward

spdngyns69 is offline Old 11-11-2010, 02:41 AM   #11
spdngyns69
spdngyns69 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finespdngyns69 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35610
That's what she said clutch. lol Rockets shrink in the fourth and needs someone to step it up to expand the defense.

davidxhz is offline Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #12
davidxhz
davidxhz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #29935
is there any news about Yao's condition yet, i am worried

rocketfan21 is offline Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #13
rocketfan21
rocketfan21 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketfan21 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13555
Somehow reading this article made me confident that it can't get any worse. I mean it just can't We are 1-6 with many games we could have won. I suspect we figure out the fourth quarter issues, but even if we don't Chase Budinger is not going to be a 13% three point shooter. Kyle Lowry is not going to be near the dreadful average he has. Lee should step it up as well. I think we'll be alright.

arabrocket is online now Old 11-11-2010, 03:52 AM   #14
arabrocket
arabrocket is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36692
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan21
Somehow reading this article made me confident that it can't get any worse. I mean it just can't We are 1-6 with many games we could have won. I suspect we figure out the fourth quarter issues, but even if we don't Chase Budinger is not going to be a 13% three point shooter. Kyle Lowry is not going to be near the dreadful average he has. Lee should step it up as well. I think we'll be alright.

we've been saying that after every loss. cant let them pile up if u wanna make the playoff.

greatpacha1 is offline Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #15
greatpacha1
greatpacha1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47305
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabrocket
we've been saying that after every loss. cant let them pile up if u wanna make the playoff.
Logical...so i agree.

Clutch City Representative since 1989

Beard recognize Beard

A!G!G!I!E!S!

onreego is offline Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
onreego
onreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodonreego is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #30073
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGM

the media needs to stop believing in the Rockets, it seems to be their kryptonite. Hopefully they'll stop rooting for us that way it'll light a fire under this team like it did last year.

Clutch is offline Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan21
You're definitely right... it's one thing to lose when you're players are putting up their averages, but in this case, you can see exactly where the Rockets are woefully underperforming. Room for growth. They're not this bad ... but they don't look to have the ceiling that some projected.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

DaDakota is offline Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #18
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
You're definitely right... it's one thing to lose when you're players are putting up their averages, but in this case, you can see exactly where the Rockets are woefully underperforming. Room for growth. They're not this bad ... but they don't look to have the ceiling that some projected.
Guilty as charged on the ceiling bit, your clutchness.

But I am not so sure with their injuries that they get that much better.

I want to believe they will but Yao and AB are two extremely important players, the team was quasi built around their 2 unique skillsets.

You take them out of the mix for any extended period and we fall too low to make it back as a factor in the playoff race.

Yao's injury is key - man, anyone else getting tired of saying that?

DD

Building the Best Damned Space Sim Ever!

Commodore is online now Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #19
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Quote:
Suddenly, every game looks like itís going to be a dogfight.
I would settle for dogfights at this point.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #20
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yoyo
so should we start taking coaching advice from this guy now?

Serioiusly, though, the verticals are a problem. Yi, McGee, and Blatch are simply jumping/reaching higher than our guys, even Wall and Thornton are bigger than their counterparts.

Often, these Wizards guys look clueless, but not yesterday... maybe Flip Saunders is doing a great job, maybe they are just having a good clue day, but yesterday the Rockets lack of size (and athletiticism) showed.