1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Riley drops the Hammer on Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YaoZow, Oct 28, 2010.

1. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

And so it begins.

Riles don't mess around and Lebron's pissed about not getting his way.

http://clevelandleader.com/node/15114

2. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

This article is so full of win:

Sounds like the Honeymoon period is over, time to face the reality of playing for Pat Riley.

1st game of the season and already Riley and Lebron are pissed at each other...I wonder how long this marriage lasts.

3. tested911

tested911 Member

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This story sounds fake, but I fully believe the benefits that the Cavs gave him. I know Pat Riley isn't going to let this happen though.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

*in before t_mac1 tries to downplay this news article.*

2 people like this.
  6. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

I don't know how much of it is true but it does match with Riles "no BS" reputation.

One thing I've noticed so far is you don't see Lebron's posse at the end of the bench or behind the bench anymore.

When Lebron was in Cleveland, his buddies were always right there at the bench at both home and away games.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't know if he's pissed and "regretting" his decision to leave, maybe so, but Adrian Wojnarowksi hit on some of this just recently:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatceltics102710

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I read the same article. Seems Lebron James needs to decide what's really important to him: a team that kisses his ass because he's their only star or a team with other stars (and I am including Pat Riley in this) who have their own needs and opinions and will not be all about Lebron.

It seems rather dumb to let petty **** get in the way of business, but these things happen. Look what happened to the Police.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I believe it, though the Cleveland Leader was definitely a colored report - they are itching to tear him apart like we (and Orlando before) have been with McGrady.

LeBron's biggest obstacle to reaching true Jordan status is his obsession with becoming a global icon and being this MTV-styled super figure. basketball comes second. What's astounding is, he's so good he's still a top 2 player despite that.

Maybe the Riley tough love will help with that...but I can't help but wonder if he's on the verge of burning out. He took the backlash really hard this summer, and Riley is a pro at sucking the fun out of his players.

It'll be interesting to watch.

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Lebron is an immature kid, end of story.

Grow up Lebron and take care of business

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

................and so goes it in the NBA.

The era of players running the league is ending right in front of our eyes. The new CBA will seal the deal for the next few seasons at least. They're not getting out. The owners aren't letting them out. All this posse crap with players controlling who they play with, where they play, and running the whole team...............it's coming to an end.

Are you watching this, Melo and Chris Paul?

1 person likes this.
  12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

maybe it'll be easier for Cleveland to get the right players wit Lebron not on the team, rather than trying to acquire them while he was there. They have what, 3 years to do it?

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/lilrock9/b****stolemysifh.png

14. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Riley has all the leverages. Heat is a better team if they trade LeBron for a good post player and a shooter. LeBron's got nothing on him.

1 person likes this.
  15. clippy

clippy Member

This article sounds like it was written by a bitter Cleveland fan or Lebron hater. I'd suspect goodbug, but the grammar, while poor, is still WAY above his standards.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

I mean honestly, what can be done now?

17. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I have 3 first author publications, including one IEEE journal paper in English. I guess the committee were fine with my grammar. How about you?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what I've been thinking too. Did LeBron really understand what he was getting into when he signed on with Pat Riley? Can he cope with it? But then, there were stories about what Magic Johnson and Co. did under Riley's reign. Those were scary.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

awesome.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Could be bs, but make no mistake about it, Lebron is an egocentric high maintenance dude. Everything will be okay if they win and he maintains his superstar image. But if they start losing and he becomes a difficult primadonna I would not be surprised to see him traded after one year.

Yeah, I said it. And it is not because that wouldn't be the last thing Miami would want to do. Miami wants to win and the want to win with Lebron. Lebron would have to have a major season long tantrum to make that a possibility. But I think he might just be capable of that. Cleveland gave him everything he wanted and even we still so moments of his tantrums. No he is not the darling boy of Miami that role goes to Wade. he is the one checking his ego at the door. And if push comes to shove Lebron will be the fall guy not wade. Make no mistake about that.

So whether or not this story is true if they don't at least make it the east Finals expect all hell to breakout. Lebron's cronies will not be happy and they will convince Lebron he shouldn't be either. In the end RIley is brilliant. He knows that Lebron is almost as great a trade value as he is a player. You can not lose with the superstar experiment. Imagine what you can get for Lebron on the open market. CP3 Okafor and a couple of 1st round picks to start. That would be funny Lebron in New Orleans without his bud CP3 and a gutted Hornets team. How about a 3-way deal with Houston. There's no denying Lebron is the most talented player in the League. Miami will come out ahead in this deal no matter what.