ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Taco Cabana "Street tacos"
moestavern19 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #21
moestavern19
Contributing Member
moestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieWasSnubbed
At least it was a just cause.

That is blasphemy.

Exactly.

In another culture in a different time I could have had her beheaded for that.

But you know, water under the bridge...

Sponsored Link
VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 10-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #22
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Shady
Made from fresh dogs and cats.
LOL, Oh are we talking about the same tacos here..

Kam is offline Old 10-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
I like the way Cilantro smells.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

rocketsjudoka is offline Old 10-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #24
rocketsjudoka
Contributing Member
rocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrocketsjudoka is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24870
Considering most of y'all live in Houston and other Texas cities where there are a lot of actual tacqueries why would you go to any fast food place to get "street tacos" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inivsible Fan
This thread makes Clutch the Bear cry.
"Until then though I am still and will remain a Rockets fan even if zombie Joe Stalin was the coach. "

Help Typhoon Rebuilding in the Philippines
http://www.fil-minnesotan.org/

or if you don't like helping people
http://www.reverbnation.com/theserfs

RickRock713 is offline Old 10-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #25
RickRock713
RickRock713 is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #31054
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsjudoka
Considering most of y'all live in Houston and other Texas cities where there are a lot of actual tacqueries why would you go to any fast food place to get "street tacos" ?

that's what im saying.

Rock3t Man is offline Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #26
Rock3t Man
Contributing Member
Rock3t Man is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRock3t Man is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34169
Blurr, not to be a kill joy but if you go to any taco stand, I can guarantee you will get more for what you pay compared to taco cabana. 1.25$ / taco and more meat, cilantro, onion, repollo if you want, jalapeno, salsa verde or rojo, any different type of meat, of and also much larger tacos.

conquistador#11 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #27
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
It's like when my friend and I went to Guatemala. Dude always wanted to go to a Mcdonald's. Live a little, go anywhere else for a taco! We're talking about actual tacos here?
MAn, I'm craving taco palenque all of the sudden, only thing I miss from the Valley.

Blurr#7 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
Blurr#7
Contributing Member
Blurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28751
I didn't go to Taco cabana with the sole purpose to buy these tacos. I was at the drive thru and saw the ad and thought "we'll let me see how "Street" these tacos really are.
Like I said I was just pleasantly surprised.

vlaurelio is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #29
vlaurelio
Contributing Member
vlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the pointsvlaurelio is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16082
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoLy-D
Don't get me wrong, though, I like Pho... but no Tacos I have ever tasted have had dog or cat in them.
its easier to put dog/cat/other animal meat in a taco and it will still be called a taco..

pho has to have that distinct beef flavor in it.. or pho ga has to have distinct chicken flavor in it.. anything else then its not pho anymore..

The Real Shady is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #30
The Real Shady
Contributing Member
The Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsjudoka
White people are afraid to go to those establishments.

CJLarson is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #31
CJLarson
CJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43106
Quote:
I call BS on this.

LonghornFan is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #32
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Quote:
Lies. I go to these 2-3 times a week for breakfast or lunch. I'm a cracker and there are plenty other whiteys in line with me. The food rocks and it cleans out my digestive system in a matter of minutes after eating. How is that not a win/win?

Blurr#7 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #33
Blurr#7
Contributing Member
Blurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBlurr#7 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28751
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornFan
Lies. I go to these 2-3 times a week for breakfast or lunch. I'm a cracker and there are plenty other whiteys in line with me. The food rocks and it cleans out my digestive system in a matter of minutes after eating. How is that not a win/win?
For real, I'm hispanic but there's always white,black even asian folks in line at some of these places.

Kam is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #34
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Quote:

All I see are white folks at these places. 60 percent white peeps, 40 percent everyone else.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

moestavern19 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #35
moestavern19
Contributing Member
moestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldmoestavern19 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1017
White people love Mexican food, come on.

CJLarson is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #36
CJLarson
CJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCJLarson is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43106
I think it has now been officially established...."Whitey ain't scared of no Taqueria."

The Real Shady is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #37
The Real Shady
Contributing Member
The Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLarson
I think it has now been officially established...."Whitey ain't scared of no Taqueria."
I go there as well, but I know a good number of white people who wouldn't set foot in a Taqueria. I always laugh at the people paying 99 cents for a breakfest taco at Taco Cabana when you can get one at Arandas for the same price that's 10x better.

RV6 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #38
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch
I prefer taco trucks.
i thought this meant they opened up taco trucks..

im not sure why they or another well known restaurant hasnt...i think the biggest issue with them is bad management/advertising, etc...upper level stuff....a place like Taco Cabana has these departments already. With that, along with well- known name, they'd clean up on the streets. They just need to tweak their cooking some to make the menu more "street". That'll bring in the usual taco truck consumers, but also bring in those who were afraid to try because they feared it was unsanitary.

The Real Shady is offline Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #39
The Real Shady
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam
All I see are white folks at these places. 60 percent white peeps, 40 percent everyone else.
I definitely call BS on this one. I guess it depends on which one you're hitting though. When I go to one in Spring Branch I'm the only whitey in the joint.

RV6 is online now Old 10-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #40
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
people who are anal about cleanliness are afraid to go to those establishments.
fixed