1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(RealGM via some dudes twitter) Nuggets want to trade Melo to........

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by acefan18, Aug 28, 2010.

1. acefan18

acefan18 Member

2. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Just saw that this was also posted in the Carmelo expressing interest in Rockets thread.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

This thread will be a lot easier than finding the link in the 56 page carmelo thread. :)

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Well, I was the the one who first posted it, but seeing as how I can't make threads, I did what I had to do.

Anyways, I think Nuggets are just messing around with Melo. Kings? Wolves? Really?

We can offer them a way better package.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

they just want to give melo and any future demanders a lesson. Clippers,nets,minnesota? I rather go to toronto or stay in denver jeeshh...

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well the Nets are on his teams he would like to play for list.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Melo got traded to the Clippers or New Jersey there is a very good chance those teams instantly becomes a playoff team.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

They are so mad Melo wants to go to Houston that they won't even send him to a good team in the East.

It's funny because Toronto sent Bosh to Miami.

9. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Yea I agree, the guy mentioned that they might be "calling his bluff" by leaking that he might be traded to Sac Town or the Wolves. Maybe trying to scare him into staying??? haha

10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

A playoff team? No.

A championship contender? No.

Does Melo really want to spend the prime of his career being bounced out of the 1st or 2nd round?

He want's what his buddies in Miami want, a chance to play in June every seaon. The best situation for him is Houston. We've got draft picks, young talent and some trade exceptions. We don't have to gut our team either.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Edit.

12. G-Money

G-Money Member

Well....****.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

They would even trade him to a division rival before sending him to Houston. They know how good the Rockets would be.

Melo for Hill, Battier, Taylor, 3 first rounders, Jared Jeffries, and cash to buy out Jeffries contract.

This team would be stacked at every position x 2. Rather than 3 good players and a bunch of scrubs/over the hill players, the Rockets have the best front line - depth combination in the league.

Yao / Miller
    Scola / Hayes
    Anthony / Budingger
    Martin / Lee
    Brooks / Lowry

I say they would easily go seven games with the Heat:

Ilgauskas / Joel Anthony
    Bosh / Haslem
    LeBron / Butler
    Wade / Miller
    Chalmers / House

If Memphis, Toronto, and Cleveland can do it, why can't the Nuggets? They are rebuilding anyways.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Who said anything about Championship Contender and why in the world would you even list that after saying they aren't a playoff team. Well no **** sherlock if they aren't a playoff team than of course you don't think they are Championship contenders.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nevermind didn't see the edit.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

are the nuggets playing hard ball..? what the kings, the wolves have that we don't..?

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

For some reason I would like him to be traded to Miami. Bosh for Melo? That team would be even more stacked, although LerBon might have to move to the 4. Anyways, I don't know if the numbers match.

18. bj2flyy

bj2flyy Member

They don't want to trade with the rockets because they know we would the top in the west..so they are trying to trade him to a non playoff bound team..

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

#1) Houston has the expirings (Battier & Jeffries). Battier would be a nice 1 year rental to help fill the void at the SF position.
    #2) Houston has the young talent (Hill, Patterson, and Budinger).
    #3) Houston has plenty of draft picks.

And most importantly, Carmelo wants to join the Rockets.

Miami will be contenders for the next 5 seasons. Yao doesn't have much time left to win....Problem is everyone wants to see Miami to win this year.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Why would that matter anyways? If they are gonna rebuild and let go of Billups, Martin and Smith as well, they would want to start off fresh.

A rebuilding team's top priority is not to make the playoffs but to rebuild through the draft.