1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did y'all, did y'all hear what the Knicks got for us? Isiah Thomas!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

J Jeffries + fillers for Stoudemire, done deal.

4. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

HAHAHAHA!!! Isiah Back with the Knicks

Morey is a genius. Those Knick picks are now gold. I just hope New York doesn't suck so egregiously that the picks become protected.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Three cheers for NY management!

Hip hip... huzzah!
    Hip hip... huzzah!
    Hip hip... huzzah!

6. sbyang

sbyang Member

Isaiah's record as GM and coach is probably better than Walsh + D'antoni's.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only thing Isiah has ever done well is draft. And guess what? We have their next two picks.

8. Tornadoofsoul6

Congrats to Jeffries and his new contract extension!

9. Ketchup&Mustard

That's because Walsh and D'antoni have been cleaning up the mess Isaiah left behind.

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

The knicks are going to be a much improved team this year with or without Isiah as a 'consultant'. I'm just hoping they underachieve once again and we get a decent pick. Ppl over overhype these Knicks picks. Morey will get rid of them anyway by midseason.

11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Morey needs to have Isiah on speed dial right now, just in case the knicks decide to let Isiah run GM duties again.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

if by midseason the knicks are 10 games under .500, then the pics will be more valuable in a trade. I think you may be underestimating the power of pics. Specially for teams that are going to start a rebuilding process and are looking to get rid of their stars.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

As for the whole "he scouts well" thing, it still makes no sense. I'm sure the Knicks could have found someone who was just as good of a scout as Isiah was, without problems that bringing Isiah within 50 miles of the Knicks will do.
    Aw, what do I care? Still a concern in that that Knicks 2012 pick could be top 5.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They still have Amare haha. They are a good 7-13 pick.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

http://www.mynbadraft.com/2011-NBA-Mock-Draft

I think they'll be no better than Indiana was last season finishing 32-50 which is good enough for the 10th pick.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...128/isiah-thomas-glaring-conflict-of-interest

ESPN"s Dana O'Neil points out the blatant conflict of interest that may result from Isiah working for both the Knicks and FIU. But apparently FIU and Isiah checked with the NCAA about it and the NCAA is OK with the arrangement. Interesting.

O'Neil's piece talks mostly about a competitive advantage for FIU. However, what about a competitive advantage for the Knicks? Isn't there some sort of NBA rule limiting contract with college player before they declare for drafts?

I mean, shouldn't the Rockets start hiring Pitino, Calipari, Coach K, and even High School, AAU coaches, etc. as "consultants"? At the very least this will give them some good inside stories on some players and it might even give them a way to, say, encourage a player to either come out or stay in school depending on whether the team has a pick that could snag them.

17. Superdave532

Superdave532 Member

Wow, I had just assumed that he wasn't involved with FIU anymore. I can't see how the NCAA could allow something like this. I mean, it's not like he's working at UNC or anything, but even still it seems like an advantage for both the Knicks and the university. Then again, maybe the NCAA figured that this was Isaiah they were dealing with and knew it was impossible for either organization to gain from it.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

This opens the door for Walsh to retire and Isiah to take his place next year. :D

19. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

If so, the Knick Future may not be so bright (cue quote from blog @ espn article)...

"Let's see...he drove the ABA into bankruptcy, could not win in Toronto, could not win in Indiana, could not win in NY, poured "haterade" on his friend Magic, was so disliked he could not make the original "Dream Team"...and the Knicks are asking him to "consult"?
    Run NY Run!!!" revgee61

link

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I can see it now:
    Morey: Hey, if we give you Jeffries, will you remove the protections from those draft picks?
    Isiah: But, the salaries have to match, can we thrown in Turiaf?
    Morey: You're starting negotiations with Daryl Morey with Turiaf for Jeffries?

5 mins later.

Isiah: Okay so I'm getting an elite defender in Jeffries, a lottery pick with Jordan Hill, and the rights to international superstar Sergio Llull and you'll getting two unprotected picks, Amar'e and we will sign and trade Melo for you. .