ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Felton's two-year, $15.8M contract with Knicks finalized
Tags:  2012, basketball, cba, chris paul, nba, new york knicks, trade Tags
BetterThanEver is offline Old 07-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
BetterThanEver
Contributing Member
BetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBetterThanEver is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25693
I like this deal for NY.

Felton was the only player that would take a 2 year guaranteed contract.

No free agents are willing to short contracts, when a new CBA could reduce the amount of money they make in a new contract.

They went with Felton and had to pay a higher price for each year, since there is no guarantee. It gives the flexibility to chase Chris Paul in free agency in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Post
Point guard Raymond Felton's contract figures, finalized today, is two years, $15.8M, according to a source.

There may be a third-year team option but that has yet to be negotiated upon. The Knicks chose Felton partly because he was willing to sign for two years and give the Knicks 2012 flexibility. Donnie Walsh confirmed the agreement is in place.

Felton and the three Golden Staters from the David Lee sign-and-trade - Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelanna Azubuike - will be introduced at a press conference Monday in Greenburg's practice facility.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz0tOtMCVdT

Morey keeps saying that Patterson was ranked 6th on their draft board. If that is the case, he either got real lazy and didn't do a lot of scouting or he got one F'd up draft board.

(edit)...my top 10 ranking
(edit)...Patterson either 12 or 13.
(edit)...6. Greg Monroe 7. Al-Farouq Aminu 8. Paul George 9. Cole Aldrich 10. James Anderson

Sponsored Link
B-Bob is offline Old 07-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
B-Bob
Contributing Member
B-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6273
That's a great signing for the Knicks and unlike the Golden State trade, this one hurts the value of our Knicks' picks.

smoothie is offline Old 07-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Bob
That's a great signing for the Knicks and unlike the Golden State trade, this one hurts the value of our Knicks' picks.
well because he's a floor general who can push the ball and run the offense. no doubt he will have a breakout year and be considered the second best player on that team.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6124...s-negotiations

ASidd_1990 is offline Old 07-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
ASidd_1990
Rookie
ASidd_1990 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodASidd_1990 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45178
Quote:
The Felton-Amare pick and roll will be a treat to watch.

With all these point guards getting lucrative offers, makes you wonder how much money will Lowry get and if the Rockets will really match any offer.

Felton/Douglas
Chandler/House/Auzubuke
Gallinari/Walker
Amare/Randolph
Turiaf/Jordon/Curry

Not a bad lineup. I think they will fight for the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs.

emjohn is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
emjohn
Contributing Member
emjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Member: #6332
Quote:
I'm not concerned. This will be a pretty poor team.

Stoudemire, Curry
Randolph, Turiaf
Galinari, Chandler
Azubuike, Walker
Felton, Douglas

This might be the most atrocious defending/rebounding group ever assembled in the NBA. And the team's assist ratio should be hilarious.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

Carl Herrera is online now Old 07-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
What you say? No Lowry?

ASidd_1990 is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
ASidd_1990
Rookie
ASidd_1990 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodASidd_1990 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjohn

Stoudemire, Curry
Randolph, Turiaf
Galinari, Chandler
Azubuike, Walker
Felton, Douglas

This might be the most atrocious defending/rebounding group ever assembled in the NBA. And the team's assist ratio should be hilarious.
I say they still make the playoffs as the 8th seed in the East.

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks
Celtics
Bucks
Bobcats
Knicks

ASidd_1990 is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
ASidd_1990
Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera
What you say? No Lowry?
With PG's like Felton and Duhon getting lucrative offers from teams, what will a superior point guard like Lowry command?

Sooner423 is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Sooner423
Contributing Member
Sooner423 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSooner423 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSooner423 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2002
Member: #3753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990
With PG's like Felton and Duhon getting lucrative offers from teams, what will a superior point guard like Lowry command?
People don't know he's superior.

smoothie is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:

Stoudemire, Curry
Randolph, Turiaf
Galinari, Chandler
Azubuike, Walker
Felton, Douglas

can you name 8 teams in the east that are better than them? yes they look pretty bad and may only win 35-40 games at most, but it might be enough to make the playoffs in the east.

TheShooter is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #11
TheShooter
Rookie
TheShooter is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30188
I'm confused, I know there were talks about Randolph goin to NY but I didn't see anything confirmed?

TheRealist137 is online now Old 07-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner423
People don't know he's superior.
In other words, people are right in believing he's not superior.

tdogg310 is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #13
tdogg310
tdogg310 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41047
Quote:

I would say that Lowry > Duhon, but saying hes better than felton might be a stretch. Felton is a very underated point guard in the league for a while. Very consistent. He is a proven starter. It is close but i would say for the main fact that he's proven it, Felton>Lowry.

kokopuffs is offline Old 07-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #14
kokopuffs
kokopuffs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20290
definitely think lowry is only = to felton at best. Felton was marred by a crappy rookie season, but he's actually pretty good. i would definitely have to think hard if NY offered felton for lowry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker
you won, now go away.

Today, 11:37 AM

jmwilliamson is offline Old 07-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
jmwilliamson
Contributing Member
jmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9133
Quote:
I say they still make the playoffs as the 8th seed in the East.

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks
Celtics
Bucks
Bobcats
Knicks
I have said it before and I'll say it again. The Cavs are going to be better than the Knicks even without Lebron. Especially if they make a deal for somebody like Al Jefferson.

I also think that under the helm of Avery Johnson, it's possible the Nets could be better than the Knicks.

And if Amar'e spends any time on the injured list? Good god.

jmwilliamson is offline Old 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
jmwilliamson
Contributing Member
jmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter
I'm confused, I know there were talks about Randolph goin to NY but I didn't see anything confirmed?
Not Zach. Anthony. It happened. David Lee sign and trade to GS for Randolph, Azuibuke and Turiaf.

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 07-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
Quote:
Knicks made out like bandits in that deal.

You guys are greatly underestimating Kelenna Azulbuike and Anthony Randolph. Plus Turiaf is solid.

smoothie is offline Old 07-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
smoothie
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedRocketsRed
Knicks made out like bandits in that deal.

You guys are greatly underestimating Kelenna Azulbuike and Anthony Randolph. Plus Turiaf is solid.
no one is saying that wasn't a good deal for them, but it didn't make them a playoff contender. getting an above average starting PG does.

emjohn is offline Old 07-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
emjohn
Contributing Member
emjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Member: #6332
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie
can you name 8 teams in the east that are better than them? yes they look pretty bad and may only win 35-40 games at most, but it might be enough to make the playoffs in the east.
Last year 41 was the magic number, and I don't think it'll be significantly lower now.

First, let me make clear that I'm not and I haven't said that they'll be the worst team in the league and give us a top 3 pick. Any time I've guessed, I've put the high water mark at #7.

Washington and Toronto are obviously going to be abysmal and finish with fewer wins than NYK. Pacers, Sixers, and Pistons probably will as well.

The Magic, Hawks, Heat, and Bulls are a very clear cut above.

I personally feel the Bucks and Celtics are going to do better.

I think the Knicks are going to be fighting with the Cavs, Nets, and Bobcats for the last two spots. And I'm not putting my money on them. Like I said, I don't expect much in terms of their rebounding, defense, and teamwork.

There's a chance they flip Curry into a real difference maker in February. There's a better chance (IMO) that they will implode behind Amare's selfish tendencies and me-first attitude. He's one of the last guys in the league I would want to build around.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

jmwilliamson is offline Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #20
jmwilliamson
Contributing Member
Quote:

There's a chance they flip Curry into a real difference maker in February. There's a better chance (IMO) that they will implode behind Amare's selfish tendencies and me-first attitude. He's one of the last guys in the league I would want to build around.
This. And while I love Anthony Randolph's potential, his knock is his maturity and work ethic. Now Amar'e Stoudemire is going to be his team captain and role model. Great.